As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[FFXIV:ARR] Old thread from last year....

• Options
    NeurotikaNeurotika Registered User regular
    Oh, you mean Spartacus's Animate Strawberry?

• Options
    AretèAretè infiltrating neo zeed compoundRegistered User regular
    ah man, reading up on all the new stuff and looking at all the fun you guys are having together reminded me of how much I enjoyed playing FF14 and playing with GHOST. Just re-upped for 90 days, and game is currently updating. It is already pretty late for me (I get up at 5am for work everyday, :'( ) but I will hop on once its done, guessing I will need to be re-invited to guild.

• Options
    StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    So when does Learning Hour typically meet up?

And is there a linkshell for it?

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    Just_Bri_ThanksJust_Bri_Thanks Seething with rage from a handbasket.Registered User, ClubPA regular
    I am talking myself into server transfers so I can change my character's name. Someone smack me with a fish.

...and when you are done with that; take a folding
    chair to Creation and then suplex the Void.
  • Options
    AxenAxen My avatar is Excalibur. Yes, the sword.Registered User regular
    edited September 2014
    I am talking myself into server transfers so I can change my character's name. Someone smack me with a fish.

Just make sure you double check the name you want ain't taken on our server.

Oh, wait, uh, was supposed to discourage you.

Hm.

No Bri don't do it?

Axen on
    A Capellan's favorite sheath for any blade is your back.
  • Options
    MorninglordMorninglord I'm tired of being Batman, so today I'll be Owl.Registered User regular

o______*__ o
    |\>---> **** -/-
    \______* //

(PSN: Morninglord) (Steam: Morninglord) (WiiU: Morninglord22) I like to record and toss up a lot of random gaming videos here.
  • Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    edited September 2014
    I gotta say, I like how, in the magic classes at least, each class has a unique feel and some interestingly unique mechanics to how they do things. Really makes me want to branch out every now and again.

By the way, concerning my place in the story (end of the quest "Black Wolf's Ultimatum")
    I know it's a nice symbolic gesture and all, but why, exactly, are the Scions setting up shop in the Waking Sands again? It's not a secret base anymore! Mrs. Gungauntlet Judgepants could just come right back and undo everything!

Enlong on
  • Options
    YukiraYukira Registered User regular
    Enlong wrote: »
    Man, when the Sultana decides to speak, she's got something to say.

And she sounds like a squeaky toy.

• Options
    Stilts wrote: »

Wing it and yes.

Whisper me, Tofy, Leonard Euler, @Grove (The slacker), and @Rie.

• Options
    CorehealerCorehealer The Apothecary The softer edge of the universe.Registered User regular
    I gotta say, I like how, in the magic classes at least, each class has a unique feel and some interestingly unique mechanics to how they do things. Really makes me want to branch out every now and again.

By the way, concerning my place in the story (end of the quest "Black Wolf's Ultimatum")
    I know it's a nice symbolic gesture and all, but why, exactly, are the Scions setting up shop in the Waking Sands again? It's not a secret base anymore! Mrs. Gungauntlet Judgepants could just come right back and undo everything!
    They'll be moving soon, but for the moment they are more concerned with getting their shit together in time to bring the cities together and beat the Empire back.

488W936.png
  • Options
    QanamilQanamil x Registered User regular
    You should have rewards now, @Yukira !

• Options
    DelzhandDelzhand Hard to miss. Registered User regular

She almost made me cry near the end of the story quests.

• Options
    ?

the Ixal tribe initiating quest is level 1? That's different. And potentially very good for my Archer levels...

• Options
    Yeah, the mount is pretty cool.

• Options
    edited September 2014
    Huh. So are the Ixal quests crafting-based? What with the gloves that give me new recipes and all that? Because that'd be cool. I need new quests to keep up my crafting interest.

edit:

Hm... I may just need to use my Echatl Wristgloves as a glamour for any hand-slot armor I use in future. They give me little claws!

Enlong on
  • Options
    RedBeardJimRedBeardJim Registered User regular
    So I've been looking at this game (got the PC free trial, though it's groaning like most modern-ish MMOs do on my creaky old laptop). A couple of questions --

1. How does it play with a PS4 controller? Can you do everything that you could do with a mouse-and-keyboard?
    2. If I buy the PS4 version, would I also be able to play those characters on my PC? I mean, I know that all the players are on the same servers and play together, but can you access the same account from two different platforms?

• Options
    LD50LD50 Registered User regular
    1. It plays just fine on a controller, although you will probably have to write some macros for an optimal experience, and you'll need to learn how to leverage the target filtering system.
    2. Everything is the same between ps3/4/pc. You can play the same account on multiple systems, although your character configuration won't be the same across both systems, if I remember correctly.

• Options
    Wait, the Ixal quests give me 15 reputation per completion? That's nuts! So much faster than the others, it is.

• Options
    TakelTakel Registered User regular
    1. How does it play with a PS4 controller? Can you do everything that you could do with a mouse-and-keyboard?

Controller based gameplay is perfectly fine. Still need a keyboard to type, but the game UI itself is designed around controller functionality. That's not to say it's a horrid mess on the PC, but the UI has been designed to take into account controller manipulation. Take advantage of macros to condense certain actions/buffs, make sure you use the L1+R1 and R1+L1 extra hotbars to give yourself enough room and customise the target filtering and you'll be perfectly fine. I played using a gamepad on the PC initially.

Steam | PSN: MystLansfeld | 3DS: 4656-6210-1377 | FFXIV: Lavinia Lansfeld
  • Options
    RedBeardJimRedBeardJim Registered User regular
    Huh. The Sargatanas server is "not accepting new characters at this time." Is this a frequent occurrence?

• Options
    DelphinidaesDelphinidaes FFXIV: Delphi Kisaragi Registered User regular
    Huh. The Sargatanas server is "not accepting new characters at this time." Is this a frequent occurrence?

Yeah it's a high population server so there are only brief windows to create characters on them. Try in the early morning hours that seems to work well

NNID: delphinidaes
    Official PA Forums FFXIV:ARR Free Company <GHOST> gitl.enjin.com Join us on Sargatanas!
    delphinidaes.png
  • Options
    Holy crap. 50 Ixal rep points for filling a crafting quota? I'll hit the next tier tomorrow!

• Options
    DelphinidaesDelphinidaes FFXIV: Delphi Kisaragi Registered User regular
    Holy crap. 50 Ixal rep points for filling a crafting quota? I'll hit the next tier tomorrow!

There are 7 tiers this time :)

NNID: delphinidaes
    Official PA Forums FFXIV:ARR Free Company <GHOST> gitl.enjin.com Join us on Sargatanas!
    delphinidaes.png
  • Options
    MorninglordMorninglord I'm tired of being Batman, so today I'll be Owl.Registered User regular
    edited September 2014
    Playing on the gamepad on Pc is great because if I really need to click someone I just use the mouse. It doesn't lock out your mouse input. And you get to lazy mode A, A (or X, X) all the talking and targetting and clicking and interacting and whatnot.

It's great to relax and punch things.

In fact I'm going to do some right now!

Morninglord on
    (PSN: Morninglord) (Steam: Morninglord) (WiiU: Morninglord22) I like to record and toss up a lot of random gaming videos here.
  • Options
    Considering I've yet to even get close to tier 2 of Kobolds or Sylphs, I'm not complaining.

• Options
    CorehealerCorehealer The Apothecary The softer edge of the universe.Registered User regular

Yeah it's a high population server so there are only brief windows to create characters on them. Try in the early morning hours that seems to work well

The best window of time seems between 2-5 am EST.

488W936.png
  • Options
    RiokennRiokenn Registered User regular
    Finished running Syrcus Tower and this little guy followed me out!
    4KDaeho.jpg

OmSUg.pngrs3ua.pngvVAdv.png
  • Options
    GroveGrove Los AngelesRegistered User regular
    Yukira wrote: »

Wing it and yes.

Whoa whoa whoa! Slacker, huh?

Watch your back Masha...

Selling PS3 & 360 Madcatz TE Stick
  • Options
    I love how the story quests I'm doing feel the need to say "If your level is above 50, it will be synced".

Because that's possible.

• Options
    Grove wrote: »

Wing it and yes.

Whoa whoa whoa! Slacker, huh?

Watch your back Masha...

I watch Masha's back, little man.

488W936.png
  • Options
    Beat one of those level 12 tortoises at level 8 solo. Nearly had it at level 7.

Bonus points: I was wearing a pink gi.

• Options
    PierceNeckPierceNeck Registered User regular
    In order to get my first mount, I need to join a Grand something or other. And in order to do that, I need to progress along the main quest line until I have to join a party and kill an instanced boss, right?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    AldoAldo Hippo Hooray Registered User regular
    PierceNeck wrote: »
    In order to get my first mount, I need to join a Grand something or other. And in order to do that, I need to progress along the main quest line until I have to join a party and kill an instanced boss, right?

You need to learn the riding skill from your Grand Company and they only accept members via a quest from the main storyline.

• Options
    ringswraithringswraith Registered User regular
    Thank you everyone for all the help and support!

First main storyline done. Magitek armor mount get. Just did HM Ifrit. On to the next!

(So much to do!)

Should I be looking into my relic weapon now? Where do I start that?

• Options
    TakelTakel Registered User regular
    After completing the 2.0 main scenarios and completing your level 50 job quest, go to Vesper Bay where an NPC will disparage your choice in weapons and then send you off on a run around until you end up at Gerolt in North Shroud.

Steam | PSN: MystLansfeld | 3DS: 4656-6210-1377 | FFXIV: Lavinia Lansfeld
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    I found the FC Hall.
    4EA222241BC38160FCDFB596CCCC13367BB6F07B

Morninglord on
  • Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    Beat one of those level 12 tortoises at level 8 solo. Nearly had it at level 7.

Bonus points: I was wearing a pink gi.
    You should be able to defeat things that are 4 or so levels above you. Soloing anything over 5 though, and you're gonna have a bad time.

Anyway, because I'm a broken record, Newegg has Crucial 256GB SSDs for $99 if you use promo code EMCPAHG23. FFXIV on an SSD is pretty nice.

sig.gif
  • Options
    EshEsh Tending bar. FFXIV. Motorcycles. Portland, ORRegistered User regular
    So the art book that's coming out during the London Fan Festival will come with a Model Enterprise minion with a little Cid on it.

http://eu.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/topics/detail/48af807f073c1cac8abd1395dc3359bada644531

• Options
    secretexhibitionsecretexhibition Registered User regular
    @Cirira , @secretexhibition‌ , I searched for you guys last night; I should be on 530-7p EST, and 930-midnight EST tonight. If you're on, it'd be great to friend you and get some tips! ^_^

Unfortunately can't really be around at those times the next few days due to work (I'm Australian). My GF (Blissian or Arceria Valeriant) should be able to be around at those sort of times, though, I'll get her to look for you. You could friend her and she could pass on any supplies/requests until the weekend when I can play more. She has every craft but 3 (Armourer, Cook, Blacksmith) at 50 as well, and would be happy to help out, too. :)

• Options
    RieRie Registered User regular

And she sounds like a squeaky toy.

You sound like a squeaky toy!
    All hail Nanamo!!!!

FF14 - Rie Himawari (Sargatanas)
This discussion has been closed.