As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

SE++ Minecraft: We're Still Here!

nukanuka What are circles?Registered User regular
edited November 2021 in Social Entropy++
The new Minecraft 1.18 Update will arrive on November 30th! Please expect some delays for the server to update while we wait on necessary mods to update as well. We're going to expand the map, so there's no need to worry about having to start all over again, unless you uh really want to?

There is a whitelist, please post in the Discord with your Minecraft name so we can add you!

IP: minecraft.aeyther.org
Dynmap: http://minecraft.aeyther.org:8123/

Discord: https://discord.gg/u2374pE

RULES:
Don't be a dick. Build a dick if you must, but don't act like one. No trolling, no PvP*, etc. If you want to play a practical joke on someone, let the admins know first, cause we'll probably help you out.
We'll invite your friends but, if your friend is a jerk you are banned as well.
We play on hard mode. You are only offered admin assistance if we feel like it, do not ask and do not expect it. We are nice people, and we want you to have a positive experience on the server, but you are not entitled to special treatment, no matter how much money you donate.
PLEASE read the thread AND the Discord for important information regarding the server! These are where we keep everyone up-to-date, and where most of everyone else discuss their projects.
*If you and a friend(s) want to battle each other in game that's fine, but that is between you and your friend(s). This server isn't set up for PvP and won't likely ever be, unless the admins designate a special event as we did in the past. Any non-consensual PvP will be treated as trolling.

DS: 2667 5365 3193 | 2DS: 2852-8590-3716
nuka on

• JimBobtheMonkeyJimBobtheMonkey Registered User regular
    Tit Status: Held

• DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    Time for that MInecraft goodness up in here

JtgVX0H.png
  • intropintrop Registered User regular
    YAWP.

Steam ID: highentropy
  • PonyPony Registered User regular
    Hey guys!

I am currently in the process of building a big mushroom house on Lemooria (the mushroom island, I'm gonna credit Maya with the name for it)

but the footprint of my place is pretty well established by this point (you can see it pretty clearly) and I'm just building it up at this point

so if anyone wants to join me and be my neighbor they're more than welcome.

Lemooria can roughly be found at -750 -1800 ish or so

my giant mushroom house is at -800 -1620, although it's currently under construction (I need more hardened clay. Fortunately, there's a whole shit-ton of mesa like right across the water!)

• Duke 2.0Duke 2.0 Time Trash Cat Registered User regular
    Doesn't 1.8 turn harvested mushroom blocks into full blocks of their pattern? So silk touching red mushroom caps gets you six sides of that red texture?

VRXwDW7.png
  • StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    That paperclip image was eerily prescient, wasn't it?

YL9WnCY.png
  • PonyPony Registered User regular
    Duke 2.0 wrote: »
    Doesn't 1.8 turn harvested mushroom blocks into full blocks of their pattern? So silk touching red mushroom caps gets you six sides of that red texture?

possible

but A). I don't have a silk-touched equipment, enchanting is largely a mysterious feature that confuses and angers me because it was introduced after the last time i stopped playing and i have literally never done it and don't know how it works, B.) my house is a 4x scale of a big red mushroom, so that'd be harvesting a lot of red mushrooms with a silk-touch enchanted thingy to get the thing i wanted, i think, and it wouldn't look right because the pattern would be off, and C.) I'd rather have a hardened clay house that looks like a big mushroom than have one that is actually made of living mushroom flesh, just a personal preference for building material

• JebusUDJebusUD Adventure! Candy IslandRegistered User regular
    Pony wrote: »
    Hey guys!

I am currently in the process of building a big mushroom house on Lemooria (the mushroom island, I'm gonna credit Maya with the name for it)

but the footprint of my place is pretty well established by this point (you can see it pretty clearly) and I'm just building it up at this point

my giant mushroom house is at -800 -1620, although it's currently under construction (I need more hardened clay. Fortunately, there's a whole shit-ton of mesa like right across the water!)

I already have a mushroom hut there, being the discoverer of the biome. I probably deserve a statue in my honor.

I write you a story
    But it loses its thread
  • sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    Hey guys!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=43GChXc6RVY

• Duke 2.0Duke 2.0 Time Trash Cat Registered User regular
    Enchanting is actually easier and less random now, all for the low low price of some lapis.

High effeciency tools can double and triple your speeds with them, even if you don't want to waste resources on an enchanting table setup may as well dump some of those useless levels whenever you go into town

VRXwDW7.png
  • MayabirdMayabird Pecking at the keyboardRegistered User regular
    World map again!

WorldMap_zps1d00f5f2.png

It really does look like an angry elf leaping from an explosion and jump-kicking some orange thing in half, doesn't it?

• EncEnc A Fool with Compassion Pronouns: He, Him, HisRegistered User regular
    Yes... thats exactly what it looks like...

~backs away slowly~

• NoisymunkNoisymunk Registered User regular
    Great now I can't unsee that.

brDe918.jpg
  • McMastaMcMasta ProvoRegistered User regular
    edited September 2014
    the page hunt is finally finally over
    the age is made and it's perfect
    except
    for
    a library that's spawned, which I can deal with, except for the layer of bedrock it's placed at the bottom
    can I beg for some assistance getting rid of some bedrock that random chance has put in a bad place?
    I will mine the rest of the library with my bare hands if it means getting rid of the annoying platform underneath

A few things to note, little known fact about bedrock generation. It is identical on every map made. (at least according to panda 2:32 in his wither killing farm tutorial https://youtube.com/watch?v=zksT8Z0T55k)
    So, it wouldn't have been random chance ;)

Second, I believe you can still break bedrock with dark oak. According to minecraft.gamepedia.com/Bedrock
    "You can currently break bedrock by growing dark oak trees. The method abuses the fact that dark oak trees trees might grow downwards if remaining parts of a previously grown tree blocks remain above it. When the tree grows downwards, some Bedrock blocks are likely to be replaced by Dark Oak Wood, which are easily removable. When using this method, the bedrock does not drop. This method is inconsistent, and might take a few tries, but is easily done in survival Minecraft. Note that this is likely to be patched in the future."

McMasta on
  • SnerkySnerky call me trick the c is silentRegistered User regular
    edited September 2014
    McMasta wrote: »
    A few things to note, little known fact about bedrock generation. It is identical on every map made. (at least according to panda 2:32 in his wither killing farm tutorial https://youtube.com/watch?v=zksT8Z0T55k)
    So, it wouldn't have been random chance ;)

it was me, not pony! also the bedrock was placed by a library, which spawns in a random location within a certain radius
    a little further out and it wouldn't have shown up on the minimap and looked ridiculous, a little further in and I could have built to accomodate it
    stupid bedrock

@introp‌ , it's done! I beg your magic man assistance

EDIT: oh and that reminds me, seeing as the FTB server is temporary, is there any chance of a download of it once it's gone?

Snerky on
    EYDHoqw.png
  • FerretFerret Registered User regular
    I have begun construction of the Stone bricks empire. I'd like you all to help me streamline the process ,and go file for annexation at your local stone bricks embassy.

"Our wheat will black out the sun"

Remember 12/21/2012 when the doctor saved us all once again.
  • WuShockWuShock Lawful Good South BrownbackistanRegistered User regular
    Ferret wrote: »
    I have begun construction of the Stone bricks empire. I'd like you all to help me streamline the process ,and go file for annexation at your local stone bricks embassy.

"Then we shall knead in the shade!"

Twixxo wrote:
    WuShock is the best
    He is the very bestest
    I wish I was him

rx9e87jbbz0w.png

• FerretFerret Registered User regular
    WuShock wrote: »
    Ferret wrote: »

"Then we shall knead in the shade!"

So can I pencil in you and whatever giant piece of architecture you're probably making for annexation on October 15th , 12:30Pm Central time?

Remember 12/21/2012 when the doctor saved us all once again.
    Leveling the mountain continues apace.

Perhaps in two months I shall be ready to begin building.

:P

Noisymunk wrote: »
    Great now I can't unsee that.

Oh god, I just saw it. Dammit Maya!

• intropintrop Registered User regular
    @Snerky , your bedrock platform is gone. I, uh, don't mean to be telling you your business, but I think you have a problem with your moons. Too much creeper meth, maybe?

Also, yes we can try to put the FTB map up for download when all is said and done. It's almost 7 GB, though; we'll have to be mindful of that. (P.S. thank you to whoever created 47 mystcraft ages. Oh wait, about ten of those were mine.)

Steam ID: highentropy
  • SnerkySnerky call me trick the c is silentRegistered User regular
    thankyou! soon, the construction of Walpurgis will begin
    excellent...

EYDHoqw.png
    sarukun wrote: »

Could you use some help from a person with an Efficiency 4 Unbreaking 3 diamond pick?

• greygrey Registered User regular
    Someone killed all the white sheep in the Herald's College. There have also been thefts.

I am very disappointed.

• VicVic Registered User regular
    grey wrote: »
    Someone killed all the white sheep in the Herald's College. There have also been thefts.

I am very disappointed.

Someone get Jerry on the line.

• VicVic Registered User regular
    Alt. post

Sounds like a case for detective Mike.

• Devlin_DragonusDevlin_Dragonus Gorgeous Dallas, TXRegistered User regular
    grey wrote: »

I am very disappointed.

Are the thefts at the college or around our community of players?

I got nothing for you now. Try again later.

What was stolen? I'd be happy to replace anything taken.

• greygrey Registered User regular
    Replacement isn't a problem. It is the theft. Things were stolen from others. I haven't noticed any of my materials missing.

I guess it all depends on what was stolen. I've been at spawn and accidentally taken a pair of shears on this map. I've also taken some wheat here and there from existing farms. Sometimes these things happen in shared builds. If someone's diamonds were taken en masse, that's another thing altogether.

Probably a good call for everyone on a vanilla server is to keep your precious things in an enderchest where possible.

• nukanuka What are circles? Registered User regular
    I think the best solution at this time is that if you get your things stolen, tell us where you are. Perhaps then we can make a kind of theft map and investigation from there. PM this information to us ok?

DS: 2667 5365 3193 | 2DS: 2852-8590-3716
  • DreadprophetDreadprophet Registered User regular
    edited September 2014
    Dear Mr Greypoet lovely mun,

I went out and rounded up 2 new white sheeps for you, and i will help replace anything that has been stolen.

Yours truley, Lovely Prophet

Ps. There is an enderchest at the dreadworks for anyone who wishes to stash their items away. i will also try to start making a few ender chests around the map so people will have closer locations.

Dreadprophet on
  • Volucrisus AedriusVolucrisus Aedrius Registered User regular
    I still have no idea where I want to make my home. I keep wandering around, dying mostly.

• toloveistorebel toloveistorebel Impressive. Most impressive. Central FLRegistered User regular
    edited September 2014
    Alright so mrstolo and I took a little boat ride past Enc's and Defster's place. We went through some of their arches and down a little river to a really nice mountainous region. We settled on a plot of land and cobbled off the area (-490,220/-610,220/-610,120/-490,120). I didn't see anyone around but if anyone has an issue with our conquering that land, let me know. And if anyone is looking for a really nice river/valley/mountainous place with great views, neighbors would be fine!

toloveistorebel on
  • SeriouslySeriously Registered User regular
    I still have no idea where I want to make my home. I keep wandering around, dying mostly.

dig into a hill

then you can make your house in the hill, then grow out of the hill, until it's like a cross between bag end and orthanc

• BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    I've always buried my spare diamonds and gold and emeralds in a chest under the floor or under a few blocks of dirt near my builds just because it's fun to bury treasure.

BahamutZERO.gif
    Mayabird wrote: »
    sarukun wrote: »

Could you use some help from a person with an Efficiency 4 Unbreaking 3 diamond pick?

That might shave like three weeks off.

But yes, I would be happy to have help!

@sarukun‌ Cool. Also after I wear down the pick to a nub I can repair it with another Eff IV pick that I got and get an Eff V pick. Where are you at, and will you need to keep any/all the stones and dirt that is collected?

I've always buried my spare diamonds and gold and emeralds in a chest under the floor or under a few blocks of dirt near my builds just because it's fun to bury treasure.

Oooh, treasure hunt at Bahamut's place!

:3

• PacificstarPacificstar Registered User regular
    Hi everyone, maybe you guys remember I used to play on the SE++ server like a year and a half ago? I'd really like to start playing on the server again if there's room. I'll shoot a message to Nuka!