As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Baldur's Gate Trilogy

Mai-KeroMai-Kero Registered User regular
edited September 2007 in Games and Technology
So, I've recently been feeling the need to finish Baldur's Gate II, and I stumbled across a mod on Wikipedia called Baldur's Gate Trilogy that seems to combine the first game, the second game, and both expansions into one huger game using the BGII engine.

Has anyone used this before? Does it actually work well? Should I mix it up a bit and not just go Kensai/Wizard this time?

Are there any other mods I should consider for a playthrough? I'm running at 1280x800 right now, will I be able to run at that resolution?

Mai-Kero on

• Options
    EvangirEvangir Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    I used a mod similar to this, which made BG1's interface/resolution a lot more bearable (and let me turn Minsc's wizard friend into a Sorcerer (I don't remember her name D: ))... but then I couldn't transfer my save to BG2.

Evangir on
    PSN/XBL/STEAM: Evangir - Starcraft 2: Bulwark.955 - Origin: Bulwark955 - Diablo 3: Bulwark#1478
  • Options
    FireWeaselFireWeasel Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Mai-Kero wrote: »
    So, I've recently been feeling the need to finish Baldur's Gate II, and I stumbled across a mod on Wikipedia called Baldur's Gate Trilogy that seems to combine the first game, the second game, and both expansions into one huger game using the BGII engine.

Has anyone used this before? Does it actually work well? Should I mix it up a bit and not just go Kensai/Wizard this time?

Are there any other mods I should consider for a playthrough? I'm running at 1280x800 right now, will I be able to run at that resolution?

I don't know about the Trilogy (never heard of it) but I would highly recommend using TUTU if you're looking to futz around in BG1 with the BG2 engine.

FireWeasel on
    AC:CL Wii -- 3824-2125-9336 City: Felinito Me: Nick
  • Options
    RMH03RMH03 Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    I can also vouch for tutu, I've never used BGT but i remember hearing last time i looked into it (several years ago mind you) that it was fairly unstable.

as for other mods, if Irenicus' dungeon at the begining of bg2 bores you on anything but the first playthrough then there is dungeon be gone.

Baldurdash is more or less essential for me before i touch the game. http://www.baldurdash.org/

Also the bg2 tweak pack is your friend. http://www.gibberlings3.net/downloads/index.php#bg2tweaks

A good website to just browse for ie mods is http://www.pocketplane.net theres a bunch of npc's/romances and stuff on there you might like as well as a bunch of other stuff.

RMH03 on
  • Options
    piLpiL Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Wait, that's what tutu is?

Oh. My.

Well, guess who is going to have to start BG again pretty soon.

piL on
  • Options
    Waka LakaWaka Laka Riding the stuffed Unicorn If ya know what I mean.Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    "Go for the eyes boo!"

Waka Laka on
  • Options
    piLpiL Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Also, why does it have to be nigh impossible to make BG work multiplayer? Little hamsters everywhere weep with tears of fury.

piL on
  • Options
    RMH03RMH03 Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    piL wrote: »
    Also, why does it have to be nigh impossible to make BG work multiplayer? Little hamsters everywhere weep with tears of fury.
    yeah, I always wanted to try the whole trilogy from front to back with a mate but the few times i've tried it we always gave up.

RMH03 on
  • Options
    GrisloGrislo Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Mai-Kero wrote: »
    Should I mix it up a bit and not just go Kensai/Wizard this time?

I'm about to start a BG2 run too, and I've played it too much to find any of the standard kits terribly interesting. Are there any good custom kits floating around?

The ones I've found seem to either be Kensai clones, or wildly overpowered ("Hi, I'm the golem summoner").

Grislo on
    This post was sponsored by Tom Cruise.