As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Is Tsutomu Nihei... Dead?

AmiguAmigu Registered User regular
I was looking up one of my favourite mangaka Tsutomu Nihei (Blame!, Biomega, Snikt!). It looks like his Twitter is down. His website is down. I haven't seen any new work from him in ages and there's a rumour on Yahoo Answers (I know I know) that he died in Japan's Tsunami. Nothing on his wiki either.

Does anyone know anything about his fate?

BitD PbP Character Volstrom
QEz1Jw1.png

• Options
    WearingglassesWearingglasses Of the friendly neighborhood variety Registered User regular
    Dunno how accurate Wikipedia is, but Tsutomu Nihei's latest series is Knights of Sidonia, which also have an ongoing anime with an upcoming second season. The manga's latest Japanese volume release was just this August, and is ongoing. So he's been active up until recently...?

• Options
    A duck!A duck! Moderator, ClubPA mod
    Yeah, but there's been no updates to it in like four months. If he has passed on that's a damn shame, because Biomega and Blame! are two incredible pieces of work.

• Options
    WearingglassesWearingglasses Of the friendly neighborhood variety Registered User regular
    This twitter's up, and his last post was last September 20. No idea why the manga's not updated, though.

• Options
    AmiguAmigu Registered User regular
    edited September 2014
    I guess some mangaka can be pretty damn introverted.

As if in response to this thread he tweeted an hour ago.

64p435yi8k8o.jpg

Babelfish translation: "Long hair of Captain Kobayashi's life-sustaining treatment side effects."

Of course.

Amigu on
    AAA.JPG 26.5K
    BitD PbP Character Volstrom
    QEz1Jw1.png
  • Options
    cckerberoscckerberos Registered User regular
    "Captain Kobayashi's long hair is a side effect of his life-extending treatments"

cckerberos.png