As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Taking [Chat] to the [Chat]less Until Death: Judge Minty

• RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    The Fault in Our Stars Honest Trailers had to be hard to write. But I think they nailed it.

My favourite Honest Trailer is Pokemon.

Yeah, different company writes it, but it was still hilarious.

• ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Oh right I exchanged numbers with some girl on OKC last night.

Every step of this is confusing and alarming.

• CasualCasual Wiggle Wiggle Wiggle Flap Flap Flap Registered User regular
    Shivahn wrote: »

look at this girl

all humble brag about getting the ladies

• electricitylikesmeelectricitylikesme Registered User regular
    I have a job interview tomorrow. Actually pretty much my first one ever. This will be a new thing.

(you will be fine shiv just one babby step at a time)

• GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    OMG this puppy is available to adopt with a local rescue organization

omgomgomgomg we cant handle a puppy right now but i want him so muchhhhh

o1ykofk7wo7h.jpg

919UOwT.png
    puppies are so not worth it

• y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    Gooey wrote: »

o1ykofk7wo7h.jpg

lil..Wayne.....

I don't think u can pass this one up gooby

U gotta start young puppy records right now

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here
  • GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    edited September 2014
    tumblr_lhwz1u5kz41qbwcmwo1_r1_500.gif
    Casual wrote: »

Gooey on
    919UOwT.png
  • syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    @Gooey that is a cute puppy.

So long as there isn't a future where you expect to travel internationally long-term for work, I say go for it.

SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    @Jacobkosh‌ @Thomamelas‌ @Wash‌ @‌OtherComicFolk

Good idea to pick up Matt Fraction's Hawkeye trades?

Very yes!

• descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular

http://youtu.be/glhdcJ7K3XM

• GonmunGonmun He keeps kickin' me in the dickRegistered User regular

o1ykofk7wo7h.jpg

Lookit those ears! So floppy!

Do it Gooby! Do it before I get him!

desc wrote: »
    ~ * swole patrol flying roundhouse kick top performer recognition: April 2014 * ~
    If you have a sec, check out my podcast: War and Beast Twitter Facebook
  • BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Work Left Unfinished Registered User regular
    (you will be fine shiv just one babby step at a time)

(no shiv listen to Narwhal babby steps are for babbies, take blind leaps they're more fun)

• BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    I have every sympathy for a writer just shaking their head and saying nope when faced with the prospect of researching something as terrible as the Star Wars EU.

What kind of research is possible in the GoW 'universe'?

look puppies are very cute and all but if you're responsible for them they're a nightmare

they pee or poo once every fifteen minutes, they demand constant attention, they cannot be left alone for any amount of time and they destroy everything they find

they are about as much work as a human baby

• HaphazardHaphazard Registered User regular
    @Jacobkosh‌ @Thomamelas‌ @Wash‌ @‌OtherComicFolk

Good idea to pick up Matt Fraction's Hawkeye trades?

So much yes!

• descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
  • ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod

look at this girl

It's not a humble brag I didn't even off handedly mention my enormout penis or the fact that I can bench press 2.5 skyscrapers.

• DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular

What kind of monster...

• y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular

look at this girl

It's not a humble brag I didn't even off handedly mention my enormout penis or the fact that I can bench press 2.5 skyscrapers.

Bench bigger than a tower we ain't talkin bout eiffels

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here
    For real though I just generally am like "what am I doooooingggggg" but apparently I am attractive to some people anyway.

• CindersCinders Whose sails were black when it was windy Registered User regular
    For real though I just generally am like "what am I doooooingggggg" but apparently I am attractive to some people anyway.

That is the best feel

• CindersCinders Whose sails were black when it was windy Registered User regular

look puppies are very cute and all but if you're responsible for them they're a nightmare

they pee or poo once every fifteen minutes, they demand constant attention, they cannot be left alone for any amount of time and they destroy everything they find

On the other hand, puppy!

y2jake215 wrote: »

look at this girl

Not enough people have encyclopaedic 'Anaconda' lyrics knowledge

We are also meeting up for lunch sometime apparently.

• KalkinoKalkino Buttons Londres Registered User regular
    Bogart wrote: »
    I have every sympathy for a writer just shaking their head and saying nope when faced with the prospect of researching something as terrible as the Star Wars EU.

This kind of post is why we all prefer Bogart's clone, @boogart who is much more positive about the EU

Freedom for the Northern Isles!
  • bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    @Shivahn‌ very happy for you! much excite!!

• GonmunGonmun He keeps kickin' me in the dickRegistered User regular

I have to admit that my wife was not overly keen those first few weeks we got out dog. She did not take to crate training at all and it was to the point where we just caved and let her sleep on the bed. And the having to take her out in the middle of the night wasn't always fun but at least she would scratch at the door to let us know when she needed to for the most part. Still once we could go a whole night with not being woken up it was heaven.

Since then she's been awesome. So long as we take her out right before bed she lasts through the night no problem and will sleep in her bed till around 5:30-6am. Then she'll hop up on our bed, paw at the blanket and climb in between the wife and move between our legs and curl up in a ball.

desc wrote: »
    ~ * swole patrol flying roundhouse kick top performer recognition: April 2014 * ~
    If you have a sec, check out my podcast: War and Beast Twitter Facebook
  • DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    Kalkino wrote: »

This kind of post is why we all prefer Bogart's clone, @boogart who is much more positive about the EU

I tried to get into the EU but frankly Darth Putin was just way over the top with the villainy.

Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular

Well, for the GoW books, the writers of GoW actually put together a binder filled with stuff about the setting just to help her with the book. She sent it back without looking at it.
    It's not that she just has trouble with research, she actually has it as her policy that she'll only look up what characters did and when, nothing about their motivations or characterization. Thus, most of her books involve a whole lot of character assassination and a general misunderstanding of complex moral issues.

• 21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    Gneh, today is gonna be a slow day, but I am already super anxious.

Feels bad, man.

I tried to get into the EU but frankly Darth Putin was just way over the top with the villainy.

It's not that a character that resorts to brute force as their MO can't be compelling, but when more subtle options are at their fingertips and they ignore this it breaks suspension of disbelief.

BeNarwhal wrote: »
    y2jake215 wrote: »

look at this girl

Not enough people have encyclopaedic 'Anaconda' lyrics knowledge

@surrealitycheck‌

By the way, that burg I posted earlier? Enjoyed it while listening to Nicki and Sir Mix-a-lot preach on loop

I could feel the spirit of Scheck coursing through me

And yes it took more than one playthrough of da song to devour that thing

Gneh, today is gonna be a slow day, but I am already super anxious.

Feels bad, man.

21st

Everyone else is silly and dumb

You are da bes

My motivational speeches are significantly affected by tiredness

Go 21st go

• DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular

It's a fraction of the work of a baby for like... wwaaaaayyyyyyy shorter amount of time.

Like just take a few days off work to have a long weekend and you are through the worst of it. Granted if no one in your house is home all day that is not ideal. You need to at least be able to get home at lunch time to make sure everything goes smoothly.

If you can do that though? Ezpz after the first few nights of no sleeping.

After my brother moved out he left behind Preacher Volumes 1, 2, 3 and 8.

I need to check if he has 4-7 and 9.

edited September 2014
    cB557 wrote: »
    Well, for the GoW books, the writers of GoW actually put together a binder filled with stuff about the setting just to help her with the book. She sent it back without looking at it.

It's not that she just has trouble with research, she actually has it as her policy that she'll only look up what characters did and when, nothing about their motivations or characterization. Thus, most of her books involve a whole lot of character assassination and a general misunderstanding of complex moral issues.

From what I remember of the characters in GoW the characters were a succession of bull-necked slabs of meat in power armour with one, perhaps two, personality traits. What character was there to assassinate?

Note: I have not read, and am exceedingly unlikely to read, any GoW or Halo tie-in fiction. Same goes for Star Wars (except the first three, and then under duress).

Bogart on

Nothing made from my genetic tissue would read a book about the Star Wars EU willingly. I've read three, under duress, because my brother bought them for me as a Christmas present. They were the 'good' ones, but were still terrible.

• syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    cB557 wrote: »

From what I remember of the characters in GoW the characters were a succession of bull-necked slabs of meat in power armour with one, perhaps two, personality traits. What character was there to assassinate?

Note: I have not read, and am exceedingly unlikely to read, any GoW or Halo tie-in fiction. Same goes for Star Wars.

Gears of War had a much bigger and better backstory than was conveyed through conversations with the largely generic characters, to be honest.

Gears, in the singleplayer, was more about the feeling than the script. They did a great job building these once-beautiful places and ruining them through years of war and neglect and entropy. It's a terrible world, made worse through the actions of bad people.

It's not inspiring by any stretch, but it did its job.

SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
This discussion has been closed.