As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[PA Comic] Monday, August 11, 2014 - Chest Slot

2»

• darleysamdarleysam On my way to UKRegistered User regular
    So I can't make a shirt entitled "Teenage Mutant Ninja Squirtles"? Though I bet people would just think they're super-deformed main TMNT cast anyway.....

You see, I'm actually fine with that (not that I'm the arbiter of taste here, just giving my personal opinion). I mean, it's on a similar theme, squirtle is a tortoise and it's not shoehorning an ill-fitting name into the title, so it works as a thing as far as I'm concerned. My hackles get rankled when it's something like "Teenage Mutant Ninja Heisenbergs" which, I'm sad to say, is probably a shirt you can get somewhere.

forumsig.png
  • TheCanManTheCanMan GT: Gasman122009 JerseyRegistered User regular
    Hahnsoo1 wrote: »
    I'm sure mashup merch goes back a LONG time, though.

Yeah, this is nothing new, it's just one of those things the internet has made easier to produce and disseminate.

DjZhV1F.jpg

This piece of crap is from 1986.

I'm not gonna google "The Uncool Ass-Men" at work. But I'm tempted to.

• turingsbrainturingsbrain Registered User regular
    I’ll never be there again, as an attendee or as a vendor; that part of my “career” has been decoupled by the charges and will be entirely consumed by re-entry. You will have to watch stock footage to know that it had ever occurred at all.

What's this all about never attending Comic Con again?

• The Word of BirdThe Word of Bird Might be in a dreamland....Registered User regular
    I’ll never be there again, as an attendee or as a vendor; that part of my “career” has been decoupled by the charges and will be entirely consumed by re-entry. You will have to watch stock footage to know that it had ever occurred at all.

What's this all about never attending Comic Con again?

If you've seen how hard it is to get tickets, both from price and their lottery system, is this really a surprise?

Gaming since 1986.
    Things I need to learn: To properly knit, speak Klingon, and speak/read Japanese so I can play Final Fantasy games in their original language.
    "S.o.o.n." : "'Severe Obligation to Observe' Neurosis". This Neurosis impels the subject to constantly observe an object, waiting for a change they are certain must come "Soon".
    Hotel [x] Pax Badgers Fri [x] Sat [ ] Sun [x] Mon [x] Just need 2 Saturdays, and then our sets will be complete! And then...waiting for Pax.....F5F5F5F5F5F5F5....
  • TubeTube Registered User admin
    Yeah, PA aren't going to SDCC any more.

• KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    I think I remember Kurtz saying he wasn't doing SDCC anymore either.

Have they said why? Just not worth the time and energy, what with how draining all the PAXs are?

I've heard some talk from other exhibitors (or whatever the people with booths are called) about refraining from SDCC until they come up with a more comprehensive anti-harassment policy.

• fortyforty Registered User regular
    KalTorak wrote: »
    I think I remember Kurtz saying he wasn't doing SDCC anymore either.

Have they said why? Just not worth the time and energy, what with how draining all the PAXs are?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q37xJtuQ24w

• streeverstreever Registered User regular
    My take on SDCC, just as a spectator, is that it's more like a pageant now than a biz opportunity for PA & a lot of other comics folks. They probably don't want to go through the hassle of going, the same way they felt about E3.

• GaslightGaslight Registered User regular
    I had to bring this thread back just because I found another really great example of this phenomenon of senseless pop culture mashup T-shirts today. And by great I mean it's horrible. Maybe the best/worst one I've ever seen.

1120er3s0t336jak0d8c-650x450-b-p-eee.jpg

Why. WHY.

• RatherDashing89RatherDashing89 Registered User regular
    I don't even know 'er!

• MarcinMNMarcinMN Registered User regular
    Gaslight wrote: »
    I had to bring this thread back just because I found another really great example of this phenomenon of senseless pop culture mashup T-shirts today. And by great I mean it's horrible. Maybe the best/worst one I've ever seen.

Why. WHY.

I don't think I even get the reference on this one?... I know what "Ben Hur" is, of course, but I'm not sure what it's being "mashed" with. :)

"It's just as I've always said. We are being digested by an amoral universe."

-Tycho Brahe
  • Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User regular
    edited September 2014
    MarcinMN wrote: »
    Gaslight wrote: »

Why. WHY.

I don't think I even get the reference on this one?... I know what "Ben Hur" is, of course, but I'm not sure what it's being "mashed" with. :)
    her-movie-poster-337x500.jpg
    The movie "Her", by Spike Jonze, starring Joaquin Phoenix. Won the Best Screenplay Oscar last year.

Hahnsoo1 on
    8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • fishfishmonkeyhatfishfishmonkeyhat Freelance Pin Man Newcastle, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited September 2014
    Sorry for bumping this again, but this is driving me nuts.

I just caught up on a month worth of PA comics/news posts. Tycho said on Friday August 8th they'd be back to wrap up "The Talk" storyline on Monday. When this comic appeared instead I just figured they had changed their mind on doing a final comic.

So after I caught up I looked back at the last few podcasts I'd missed, and the one I'm up to is ep 24 of season 3, where they're writing "The Talk" finale.

Did I miss a tweet or something where this missing comic was explained? I can't find it in the archive anywhere. Did they just forget to upload it?

Has the whole world gone crazy?!

fishfishmonkeyhat on
  • TubeTube Registered User admin
    They never uploaded it. It is the lost comic.

• fishfishmonkeyhatfishfishmonkeyhat Freelance Pin Man Newcastle, AustraliaRegistered User regular