As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Taking [Chat] to the [Chat]less Until Death: Judge Minty

• syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    Deebaser wrote: »
    syndalis wrote: »
    report on my overnight chili:
    It is legit.
    END TRANSMISSION

DELIVER SOME TO ME I WANT CHILI

i will be making more of this to be sure. I also picked up cheddar, sour cream, and tostados, because fuck healthy.

That sounds very close to how I do my chili / my mom makes hers.

When I made chili for the people I was living with in Missouri years ago, and pulled out the sour cream / cheddar / green onions they looked at me like "wut" then they took a bite and realized it was genius.

SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • HakkekageHakkekage Space Whore Academy summa cum laudeRegistered User regular
    Vanguard wrote: »
    cB557 wrote: »
    Like just to clarify I absolutely would like to expand my library
    I just don't trust that you guys are not telling me to read 50 shades of grey in space

The Earthsea trilogy traces the story of Ged from apprentice to grand master wizard through three books. The second title, the Tomb of Atuan, is really fucking brilliant and probably my favorite.

Fuck I meant the Tombs of Atuan

Tehanu was the third book

Tombs of Atuan is the best

3DS: 2165 - 6538 - 3417
    NNID: Hakkekage
  • wazillawazilla Having a late dinner Registered User regular
    Boss setting me up to fail doot doot doo

At least I get a trip to the zoo for the trouble of getting my nuts potentially caved into my body.

I dunno.

I guess I'm pretty good at downplaying these types of things. Maybe I can redirect their bile or hold it off long enough that I am no longer physically present when it is ejaculated.

Protip: If you say you can do a thing, and then discover you cannot do a thing, you should probably not keep that a secret and schedule your employee to go to a place to do the thing and tell him 2 hours before hand that by the way you can't do the thing but I guess do some other stuff and make them happy.

I ain't S'n no D's no sir.

Psn:wazukki
  • DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    3lbs of meat turned into sloppy joe sandwiches.

I have devoured this in 4 sittings.

I am truly a monster.

• DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    edited September 2014
    I just don't trust that you guys are not telling me to read 50 shades of grey in space

Try Dune, Catch 22, Salughterhouse Five, Starship Dominatrix 3

Deebaser on
  • VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Hakkekage wrote: »

The Earthsea trilogy traces the story of Ged from apprentice to grand master wizard through three books. The second title, the Tomb of Atuan, is really fucking brilliant and probably my favorite.

Tehanu was the 4th book. The Farthest Shore is the 3rd.

DID YOU EVEN READ THEM

• BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Work Left Unfinished Registered User regular
    Gonmun wrote: »
    BeNarwhal wrote: »
    Cinders wrote: »
    Meanwhile Cinders, I make it a rule not to look into your baseball bat suggestions anymore.

Nothing wrong with a good ol' 2x4

See this is what I'm talking about

So much air resistance on the broad side

Can't smash a kneecap hit a home run when I'm too busy fighting the air

Louisville Slugger or nothing!

Now the slugger is a solid choice

34" white ash, 32 ounces, a solid two pounds of ball-smashing simplicity

But for some real bounce, you gotta consider maple

Now, you hit that ball just off the sweet spot, that bat's gonna explode, I'm not gonna lie

But you get it just right?

Say goodbye.

• DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular

Er...think Tehanu is the fourth book. Farthest Shore is the third. Tehanu is the one where he picks back up the story of the woman from Tombs though.

Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish

Slaughterhouse 5 may go a little over his head

Heartily recommend Starship Dominatrix 3, classical literature at its finest

• DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    report on my overnight chili:
    It is legit.
    END TRANSMISSION

DELIVER SOME TO ME I WANT CHILI

i will be making more of this to be sure. I also picked up cheddar, sour cream, and tostados, because fuck healthy.

That sounds very close to how I do my chili / my mom makes hers.

When I made chili for the people I was living with in Missouri years ago, and pulled out the sour cream / cheddar / green onions they looked at me like "wut" then they took a bite and realized it was genius.

scallions were also a get.
    Imma test my homemade pickles tmmw and might make spicy reubens this weekend.

• CindersCinders Whose sails were black when it was windy Registered User regular

What the hell did I recommend?
    That one guy's rather graphic love letters, immediately after I had NOPE'd away from your recommendation of Lolita.
    I think there was some third thing as well.

Well, the letters were a joke. Lolita is great tho. Horrifying, but great.

• Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    @deebaser i need ingredients and recipe thanks

i busted out my slowcooker for first time in forever

i made massive pot of this: http://www.thekitchn.com/recipe-slow-cooker-chicken-burrito-bowls-recipes-from-the-kitchn-207333 which turned out well except next time needs more aromatics and maybe some pepperz

(it was kind of perfect, i portioned it out into 3 massive servings each to eat on gym days - bout a pound of chicken in each serving booyah)

poo
  • DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    jakobagger wrote: »
    I....don't think I'd call Earthsea YA?

it's great, though.

I had to read A Wizard of Earthsea in 7th grade.

I mean, of all the assignments school gave me that was probably one of the best... but yeah, Earthsea falls pretty squarely in the YA bracket, but is immensely enjoyable to readers of all ages.

Like the later Potter books, I guess.

I read Earthsea as a young teen (I didn't even know schools would assign these D:)

Lemme tell u something, Tehanu was v impactful to young me

Young girl stripped of identity and agency in a corrupt matriarchal religious order, isolated from men and the world at large?

IT'S LIKE YOU'RE TALKING TO ME, URSULA

There was a drawing of boobs at the beginning of Tehanu, which I grabbed off the third grade library shelf.

For a long time, that was the only association with Earthsea that I had. A drawing of boobs.

But then I read them all in like sixth grade and was like omg these are good.

What is this I don't even.
  • DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    Catch 22 was so fucking good.

• RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular

To Kill a Mockingbird, Sherlock Holmes, Charles Dexter Ward, At the Mountains of Madnesss, The Brothers' War

DID YOU EVEN READ THEM

IT'S BEEN OVER A DECADE

(holy shit)

• syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    edited September 2014

Yeah, there is a LOT to unpack about slaughterhouse five, especially once you hit the surface of the moon and much of it begins to set in regarding whats been happening.

syndalis on
    SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • CindersCinders Whose sails were black when it was windy Registered User regular
    Try Blindsight, Gravity's Rainbow, and The World as Will and Representation.

• WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    cB, you have to embrace the weird shit early. Sexually deranged works have copious artistic value, particularly when their aim is not to be enjoyable.

• AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    y2jake215 wrote: »
    There was a story in halo??

a pretty decent one I think

disregard tie-in novels and halo 4 onwards

ftOqU21.png

Er...think Tehanu is the fourth book. Farthest Shore is the third. Tehanu is the one where he picks back up the story of the woman from Tombs though.

yeah that's why that name swum up in my brain when i tried to recall the title

Dune and Slaughterhouse Five are great places to start.

• DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular

DID YOU EVEN READ THEM

IT'S BEEN OVER A DECADE

(holy shit)

ITT Hakks discovers what it's like to be an Old.

Welcome to the club.

Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    chat vying for control of cb's media consumption future

• y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular

What the hell did I recommend?
    That one guy's rather graphic love letters, immediately after I had NOPE'd away from your recommendation of Lolita.
    I think there was some third thing as well.

Well, the letters were a joke. Lolita is great tho. Horrifying, but great.

cB you need to just humble humble yourself a little bit and give Lolita a try

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here
  • RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    Basically get on Thug Notes' playlist so far.

Winky wrote: »
    cB, you have to embrace the weird shit early. Sexually deranged works have copious artistic value, particularly when their aim is not to be enjoyable.

Lady Chatterley's Lover

• PantsBPantsB Fake Thomas Jefferson Registered User regular

Forever War would be a good inclusion in this list, although it gets redundant with some themes from SD3

11793-1.png
    day9gosu.png
    QEDMF xbl: PantsB G+

Lady Chatterley's Lover
    Warren G Hardings Love Letters

11793-1.png
    day9gosu.png

i read a lot of Vonnegut at 16-17. Some of it went over my head, but that was OK.

DID YOU EVEN READ THEM

IT'S BEEN OVER A DECADE

(holy shit)

ITT Hakks discovers what it's like to be an Old.

Welcome to the club.

I'll send the password and secret knock sequence along presently

11793-1.png
    day9gosu.png
    guys can we liek

get on dis guys level for a bit

liek when i was his age i thought myself a fancy and well-read consumer of literature but I realize now how much I missed and misunderstood because my goal was to finish, not to savor the art and consider it

can we say HEY KIDDO START WITH COMEDIES (Terry Pratchett, Douglas Adams) and with dark but relatively straightforward fantasy (Neil Gaiman!)

• VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Try Blindsight, Gravity's Rainbow, and The World as Will and Representation.

House of Leaves, Infinite Jest, and Ezra Pound's Cantos are all a breeze, too.

• BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Work Left Unfinished Registered User regular
    cB, disregard vidja games and literature

Acquire sports

Until the day comes when they shut down the NFL because all of the players' brains are being destroyed

It's a cash cow

And also enjoyable to watch!

guys can we liek

get on dis guys level for a bit

liek when i was his age i thought myself a fancy and well-read consumer of literature but I realize now how much I missed and misunderstood because my goal was to finish, not to savor the art and consider it

can we say HEY KIDDO START WITH COMEDIES (Terry Pratchett, Douglas Adams) and with dark but relatively straightforward fantasy (Neil Gaiman!)

Ooo, Neil Gaiman-san

• surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    Envision the Halo as just a giant, gaping, space anus.

Are you saying that straight couples can't do butt stuff?

I'm disappointed. So heteronormative.

str8 ppl dont have butts cinders..

But Nikki has a butt, and shes str8

um no shes burgsexual just like all right thinkin ppl

obF2Wuw.png
  • Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    no start with Dune

poo

i read a lot of Vonnegut at 16-17. Some of it went over my head, but that was OK.

I recall really enjoying Slaughterhouse Five at that age.

I think the natural tendency is to attribute the bizarre aspects to Billy Pilgrim's mental state, which is an acceptable reading of it.

Envision the Halo as just a giant, gaping, space anus.

Are you saying that straight couples can't do butt stuff?

I'm disappointed. So heteronormative.

str8 ppl dont have butts cinders..

But Nikki has a butt, and shes str8

um no shes burgsexual just like all right thinkin ppl

so burgnormative

cB, disregard vidja games and literature

Acquire sports

Until the day comes when they shut down the NFL because all of the players' brains are being destroyed

It's a cash cow

And also enjoyable to watch!

actually i am heartily regretful that I was disdainful and scared of sports (mostly because gym class is a nightmarish joke) and was afraid to exercise for the first 20 years of my life, because now I enjoy it and wish I had built up a base when i was a teenager and it would have been much easier to build up said base

This discussion has been closed.