As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Make-up! *fwoop* (Halloween)

NocrenNocren Lt Futz, Back in ActionNorth CarolinaRegistered User regular
So I'm thinking about being Winter Soldier for Halloween this year and was wondering if anyone had any knowledge on body make-up/effects.

Basically something that isn't going to smear or run much since I'll be doing my arm all silver.

Also I wouldn't mind if this is a general costume help thread, just keep it organized on who you're replying to.

newSig.jpg

• darkmayodarkmayo Registered User regular
    edited September 2014
    Nocren wrote: »
    So I'm thinking about being Winter Soldier for Halloween this year and was wondering if anyone had any knowledge on body make-up/effects.

Basically something that isn't going to smear or run much since I'll be doing my arm all silver.

Also I wouldn't mind if this is a general costume help thread, just keep it organized on who you're replying to.

Instead of makeup you should see if you can find something to wear over your arm that is silvery and tight (silver socks, stockings?) then you dont have to worry about makeup smudging off or rubbing all over the rest of your costume or the girl/boy you are putting your arm around in a drunken pickup attempt.

Of course I have heard aquanet helps reduce makeup smudging off. and of course applying a makeup primer first but since its your whole arm that could be expensive.

darkmayo on
    Switch SW-6182-1526-0041
  • darkmayodarkmayo Registered User regular
    edited September 2014
    Double post

darkmayo on
    Switch SW-6182-1526-0041
  • InxInx Registered User regular
    I was thinking the same thing, doing it as a sleeve instead of makeup. Your arm is gonna bump into stuff, people are going to wanna touch it. You can probably achieve some cool stuff with metal duct tape.

• NocrenNocren Lt Futz, Back in Action North CarolinaRegistered User regular
    Yeah, was looking into a couple costumes on Amazon and other ideas. Thanks guys

newSig.jpg
  • tapeslingertapeslinger Space Unicorn Slush Ranger Social Justice Rebel ScumRegistered User regular
    Yeah, there are a number of cool ways you could tackle that-- I'd say you could probably find something in a silvery spandex type material as that can be painted or airbrushed.