As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[MMA]UFC 178: Porier vs McGregor (olol) - LIVE NOW!

19495969798100»

• CabezoneCabezone Registered User regular
    Cabezone wrote: »
    If this goes the distance I'll eat this Oosik glass.

Don't both of these guys go to decision pretty often?

Yeah but I dont' think Cariaso is a legit threat. Maybe Mouse does the GSP and just fights safe..but I thin this is a dude he can finish if he wants.

DAMN.....fuck you I ain't eating this pint glass.

edited September 2014
    Don't jump on him....we just covered this!

EDIT: unless you are significantly better than your challenger :)

Cabezone on
  • TehSpectreTehSpectre Registered User regular
    Johnson has finished his last 2 fights and Cariso is a mediocre challenger, so Mouse is expected to finish.

He's -1600 for a reason

9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
    Not even a little close.

• DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    oops

steam_sig.png
    Aaand as I type that, Johnson taps him.

Poor Mighty Mouse, he's a great champ and no one cares about his fights. :(

9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Peter EbelPeter Ebel CopenhagenRegistered User regular
    Mighty Mouse is terrifying.

Fuck off and die.
    This was easily the card of the year. Easily.

9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
    That was fantastic from start to finish.

edited September 2014
    It was really helped by UFC really underestimating Cruz and sticking him on the undercard. That was an impressive return. that got me all kinds of excited.

Cabezone on
    Nah, Ith ought it was fine considering how stacked the card was. He headlined the FS1 portion.

9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
    edited September 2014
    If he was a more popular champ he'd have been on the main card...by more popular I mean heavier. I mean...he was the last guy to beat Johnson.

Cabezone on
    edited September 2014
    They have stuff to build on in his division popularity wise now. It's gonna be better than ever for Cruz if he takes out TJ.

Also:

Peter Ebel on
    Fuck off and die.
  • peacekeeperpeacekeeper AustraliaRegistered User regular
    at the risk of sound like bryan callen, holy shit are those guys athletic

i would never wear a shirt if i looked like kennedy

• ChillyWillyChillyWilly Registered User regular
    Cabezone wrote: »
    It was really helped by UFC really underestimating Cruz and sticking him on the undercard. That was an impressive return. that got me all kinds of excited.

I don't think they underestimated him at all.

I think they expected him to go out and there and destroy Mizugaki as a lead in to the PPV. What better way to tell people to go order your card then to have a guy get smashed in the first round?

That wasn't disrespect to Cruz at all. It was an opportunity to show off and sell the show.

PAFC Top 10 Finisher in Seasons 1 and 3. 2nd in Seasons 4 and 5. Final 4 in Season 6.
    Peter Ebel wrote: »
    They have stuff to build on in his division popularity wise now. It's gonna be better than ever for Cruz if he takes out TJ.

Also:

I feel like Kennedy will be appealing what happened here. He's not the type of guy to take crap from anyone and he's pretty outspoken. I severely doubt this will go unchallenged.

PAFC Top 10 Finisher in Seasons 1 and 3. 2nd in Seasons 4 and 5. Final 4 in Season 6.
    edited September 2014
    ChillyWilly on
    Also, not so breaking news: Cat gets the next shot at Rousey (January, I think) and Cruz gets the next shot at Dillashaw (which will be an amazing fight).

I would be okay with the fight getting turned into a no contest due to the stool stuff.

I don't think Romero did anything wrong, but his corner willfully ignored John McCarthy and he shouldn't have been allowed to sit for that extra minute. He should have been off the stool.

9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • BuchoBucho One careful pwner Registered User regular
    Even when Big John was telling them to come back and wipe away the excess vaseline it was poor that he didn't make Yoel stand up and get that stool out of there. He's my favourite ref but he cocked up there.

at the risk of sound like bryan callen, holy shit are those guys athletic

i would never wear a shirt if i looked like kennedy

Yeah me neither. I might wear a bag over my head though.

Tim Kennedy's offense came off of him grabbing Romero's glove. I'll allow Timmy a rematch, but Romero's win stays.

Fuck off and die.
  • DangerbirdDangerbird Registered User regular
    UFC 178 really delivered with memorable awesome fights.

Even the Tim Kennedy - Yoel Romero match, which is a fight I couldn't have cared less about was made somewhat interesting with a little controversy.

Its hard to pick a best moment of the night, but I think I'd have to go with Dominick Cruz's return. Going through what he did over the past couple of years, he really deserved to have a good showing. That takedown he hit which lead to the TKO was a thing of beauty.

And now we get to see the ultimate footwork / dancing battle between him and Dillashaw which is something I'm really looking forward to.

• DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    That was the most awesomely honest answer from Cerrone on the "why did you follow him to ground question"

<3 him for that.

New Thread is up.

9u72nmv0y64e.jpg