As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

FFG Force and Destiny - Relics of the Past

CapfalconCapfalcon Tunnel Snakes RuleCapital WastelandRegistered User regular
edited September 2014 in Critical Failures
EPISODE 1
RELICS OF THE PAST

It is the height of the GALACTIC REPUBLIC, a time of peace and prosperity.
The JEDI ORDER, guardians of peace and justice, protect order around the Galaxy.

Despite this, CORRUPTION and DECADENCE have taken root in the heart of the Republic.
Voices of unrest find fertile ground throughout the Galaxy.

In the midst of this, a group of Padawans travel to the planet ATHISS for their Jedi Trials,
unaware of the danger waiting for them ....

So, what's this here?
So, who wants to play a bunch of Jedi running around the galaxy solving problems! Sounds good? Then, this is the game for you.

So, how are we going to play?
Fantasy Flight's Force and Destiny looks like it's pretty cool for Jedi. However, the basic game is set during the Empire where Force Users are hunted and trying to fly under the radar. I'd like to rewind the clock a bit and get some Jedi Knight high adventure going.

The general mechanic of the game is you assemble dice pools based on your attributes and skills, then add dice based on difficulties or setbacks. You then roll the dice pool and cancel out opposed results until you get the final result.

sFc0wJl.png

Edge of the Empire dice are available through Geth as XeY, where Y is the first letter of the die type: Ability, Boost, Challenge, Difficulty, Force, Proficiency, or Setback.

Example: 2eA+1eP+3eD is 2 Ability, 1 Proficiency, and 3 Difficulty dice

qlX4xZA.png

Character creation guidelines
Characters should be Padawans about to become Knights. Give me a little bit about your Master and the mission you learned the most on. After you go through the normal character creation (PC's morality starts at 60, and you can't use any of the morality changing choices on page 34), you get a bonus 130 XP that can't be used to raise your base attributes. Lucky you! Also, everyone starts with a normal, no frills lightsaber appropriate for their size. Finally, once everyone's made a character, tell me what missions you've been on with the other Padawans.

I'll be looking for about 4 people, and hoping to start on Monday or so. I'm not tied to time, though. If you need a bit more time, let me know.

Capfalcon on

• Options
    InkSplatInkSplat 100%ed Bad Rats. Registered User regular
    !signup

I'll have a character up by tomorrow.

Are we during the lifetime of Yoda, or are we further back, without any recognizable characters?

Origin for Dragon Age: Inquisition Shenanigans: Inksplat776
  • Options
    jdarksunjdarksun Struggler VARegistered User regular
    edited September 2014
    °(((=((===°°°(((:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Hm, that looked better on my phone. I have a few ideas, I'll poke around at the rules and see what shakes loose. What races are we allowed to use? Only those from F&D? EotE and/or AoR? The Unofficial Species Menagerie?

jdarksun on
  • Options
    CapfalconCapfalcon Tunnel Snakes Rule Capital WastelandRegistered User regular
    All the official ones should be fine. I'd like to take a look at any you pick at the Unofficial species menagerie first.

• Options
    edited September 2014
    A long time ago, on a message board far, far away... I once tried to play a Gamorrean Force-user... :D
    I'm only partially kidding

jdarksun on
  • Options
    jdarksun wrote: »
    A long time ago, on a message board far, far away... I once tried to play a Gamorrean Force-user... :D
    I'm only partially kidding

Ah Klaggy, I remember him fondly.

• Options
    AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    I don't think this is the particular Star Wars system where I attempted to make an Ithorian Force-Gardener. Pretty sure that was the West End Games one.

Will keep an eye on the thread anyway.

kshu0oba7xnr.png

• Options
    PACherrnPACherrn Registered User regular
    !signup

I luvvs me some SW games!

• Options
    edited September 2014
    Hm, I was toying with the idea of playing a recovering dark side user - a character that fell to the dark side when his master was killed, but is trying to redeem himself. Would that fly, or would you prefer we start light side? Maybe a Mirialan Seeker/Ataru Striker.

jdarksun on
  • Options
    BoozerBoozer Registered User regular
    !signup

Interested, but I'm not sure I can get my hands on the book in time. Always liked playing Consulars in KOTOR, so looking at that.

Bobby 'Bulldog' Lenko - [PBP] [Vampire] The Restless City
    PSN: Boozer_777
  • Options
    Hm, I was toying with the idea of playing a recovering dark side user - a character that fell to the dark side when his master was killed, but is trying to redeem himself. Would that fly, or would you prefer we start light side? Maybe a Mirialan Seeker/Ataru Striker.

Well, if he didn't take his master's death well, that'd be fine, but he'd have to have come pretty far before they're knight in him.

As a side note, defeating a Sith usually counts as completing most of the trials!

• Options
    edited September 2014
    So, in hindsight, Monday was a little optimistic, and I'm going to be going out of town next weekend. So, if you're interested but thought that was a bit too quick of a turn around, good news! We won't be starting until at least next Monday.

Capfalcon on
  • Options
    Oh, well, I dont feel so bad for having a hard time deciding on a character, since I don't seem to be the only one!

• Options
    Almost done. :) Interesting how things evolve from concept to sheet, I love it.

• Options
    So, I think I've decided on a Sage/Seer, who'll be rocking 5 Force dice and Influence as his power of choice. Totally against killing, as he doesn't view anyone as an actual threat, so he just knocks people unconscious with the Force if push comes to shove.

Just have to make sure the math will get me to all 4 Force rating talents with enough left over for Powers, but I think it should work.

• Options
    InkSplat wrote: »
    Just have to make sure the math will get me to all 4 Force rating talents...
    Dude, there's no way.

• Options
    edited September 2014
    Character Creation - In case folk haven't done it before, I'll show my work as an example.

But mostly because it helps me keep my shit straight and I wanted an excuse.
    1. Background
    Knota Vargas was born on Centares, the "last civilized stop" rimward on the Perlemian Trade Route. He grew up mostly around other humans, only knowing a few of the gotals and sakiyans that call Centares home - and meeting the occasional alien trader or explorer that would stop at Muracie for supplies. Having itchier feet than his shopkeeping parents, Knota had planned on buying an apprenticeship to one of the deep space explorers before a recruiter from the Jedi Order recognized the Force potential within him. Exploring the core seemed as good as the outer rim, and Knota jumped at the chance.

2. Morality
    Bravery/Anger
    +5 XP/+1,000 credits
    Dark Side attempting redemption

3. Species
    Human
    2/2/2/2/2/2
    WT: 10+Brawn
    ST: 10+Will
    XP: 110
    Special: one rank in two non-career skills (Gunnery and Deception)

4. Career
    Seeker (ranks in Piloting (Space), Survival, and Vigilance)

5. Specialization
    Ataru Striker (ranks in Lightsaber and Perception)

6. Experience
    Agility 3 (30xp)
    Agility 4 (40xp, 70 total)
    Cunning 3 (30 xp, 100 total)
    Lightsaber 2 (10 xp, 110 total)
    (5 remains)

7. Attributes
    WT: 12
    ST: 12
    Def: 0
    Soak: 2

8. Motivation
    Ambition/Redemption

9. Gear
    Survival kit (350)
    Healing kit (100, 450 total)
    Backpack (50, 500 total)
    Armored Clothing (1,000)

10. Group Resource
    Dunno, what are we going with?

Bonus XP
    Ataru Striker talents:
    Jump Up (5)
    Ataru Technique (10, 15)
    Parry (15, 30)
    Saber Swarm (20, 50)
    Pathfinder (20, 70) talents:
    Grit (5, 75)
    Keen Eyed (10, 85)
    Animal Empathy (15, 100)
    Animal Bond (15, 115)
    Force Rating (20, 135)

Character Sheet

The Mission On Which I Learned The Most
    "Padawan; please repeat to the council what you just told me." Worry etched Master Ryen's face, more deeply now than when I had exited the Far Cyclone alone. He asked where Master Choraf was. That was a good a place to start as any.
    "Master Choraf had taken me to Volik, to search for a rumored cult of Sith worshipers." Volik was a gorgeous planet, lush green forests and mountains like spires soaring into the sky. Endless waterfalls seemed to fall from each peak, tumbling into the misty valleys below. It was still difficult to believe that such a beautiful place could harbor such evil. "We spent weeks searching the planet, combing through ruined pirate bases and searching crashed freighters for clues. In the northern latitudes, we found the planet's highest mountain, and something called out to us."
    A cerean interrupted me. "Something, padawan?"
    I hesitated. "Master Choraf called it an echo of the Force, but... well, I'll come to that."
    "Proceed."
    "The summit of the mountain is an icecap, but just below the ice line is a clearing that looks out over... well, it seems like you can see forever. Incredibly peaceful. Master Choraf thought it was that which called out to us, but there was something higher up... something cold.
    "There was a cave, hidden behind a sheet of ice. Or it had been hidden; the ice had recently been cut through. A wind seemed to be flowing from the cave, something old and dark, but we went in anyway." I paused, feeling my skin prickle at the memory. "The walls of the cave didn't seem natural; it was more like something had punched a hole into the side of the mountain. We went deeper, and found a group of pirates, rodians, talking about splitting their take. They were clustered near the hatch of an ancient, half-buried freighter." I stopped again, hearing the echoes of their high-pitched, nasal language above a low drone, almost a hum or murmur. "There were... boxes. Nearby, in the shadows along the wall. I didn't notice them at first, and I don't think that Master Choraf noticed them at all."
    The same cerean interrupted me again. "Boxes?"
    "Not exactly?" I shrugged. "I'm not sure what they were. There was a cube, but there was also a pyramid and a sphere. They had red lights on them, all over, like some sort of tiny probe droid. I never saw them move, though."
    The cerean exchanged glances around the room with several other masters, as if that was significant. "Please, continue."
    "Well, there was another person there that we didn't see at first, a human. He came up behind us, and held up a sword to my throat. Not a lightsaber, an actual sword. The blade was crystalline and freezing, like somebody had put a hilt on an icicle." I touched my throat for emphasis. "He told us to drop our lightsabers, and that he had questions for us. I didn't get a good look at him then, but he was young - barely an adult, almost still a kid. We did as he told us to - Master Choraf didn't seem the slightest bit concerned, but it's so hard to read him behind that mask. Was. Was so hard to read him."
    "Padawan?" I blinked, and looked up. Another one of the masters - a dark-skinned human - looked concerned. "Are you all right?"
    "No." I scrubbed tears from my face. "The pirates locked me in the hold, but after a while I was able to trick one into checking on me. I took his blaster and stunned the others, getting back my gear and making my way to where the man was interrogating Master Choraf. He was hitting Master Choraf, and screaming at him to 'reveal your knowledge.' Master Choraf wasn't putting up a fight; he was calm, answering what he could and asking questions right back when the opportunity presented itself. He was in control. I didn't know it then, I didn't see it. I thought he was being tortured, but he was never in any danger. Not until I ignited my lightsaber and charged in.
    "He killed Master Choraf, just slashed him right through with that sword. It was so fast, I couldn't do anything. Couldn't believe it. He charged me, and we fought. He was fast, but not good. Not trained. Just... desperate. Filled with hate and fear. I could feel it rolling off him, and I got mad, so mad that this... this kid could have killed Master Choraf. I tried to disarm him, but..." The lie was like ashes in my mouth. "No. I cut off his hand, and I meant to do it. Master Choraf said that Sith cults had to be destroyed, that their artifacts had to be broken to pieces and scattered so that far that no two pieces rested atop another. I picked up the sword, and I had intended to do just that - to shatter it, and cast the pieces into the valley. But first..." Speaking was like tearing a part of me open. "First, I..." The words didn't want to come, tried to hide in my throat. I forced them out through clenched teeth. "I killed him." The rest came in a rush. "He was crying, and clutching at the severed stump of his hand. I should have felt pity, I should have been compassionate. He could have been saved! I could have taken him back with me, taken him back here and maybe he could have been redeemed. But I killed him, stabbed him through with the sword that he used to kill Master Choraf.
    "And then," I laughed bitterly. "And then I couldn't even destroy the sword. I tried, I've tried so many times. I cut at it with my lightsaber, I landed the Far Cyclone on it, I built a bonfire and hurled it in. Nothing even scratched it. So I brought it back with me. I locked it in the cargo hold and I flew the Far Cyclone here. Because even though I failed, even though Master Choraf was killed, even though I killed that man instead of bringing him back and now he can't be redeemed... maybe I can be. Maybe there's still enough of me left to save."

After.
    That was years ago. They set me to sweeping the temple.

Literally, sweeping.

I can't tell you how many groups of padawans have come through the temple since then, because I've lost count. Every few days, a master will come by and give me a simple task. Sometimes it's research, sometimes it's a chore. I learned to cook; the cerean who asked all those questions requests freshly baked cookies every few months. I do laundry. I dust. Mostly, I think about that mountain and what I could have done differently.

Last month, I was asked to sit in with another group of padawans. The next task was to join them.

A few days ago, I was told I would be graduating with them.

I still can't believe it. I'm not sure I want to.

omg text

jdarksun on
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    Dude, there's no way.

Yeah, I don't even think you can get two different ones...

EDIT: Ok, yeah, you could probably swing two with the Counslar tree, but that's it, I think.

EDITx2: Didn't think about the group resource, so let's just say it's the Starship that you'll be entrusted with once you're Knights.

Capfalcon on
  • Options
    Slayer of DreamsSlayer of Dreams Registered User regular
    There still room for more? I'd love to give this system a try if so, and I'll be definitely be watching the thread regardless.

Steam: Slayer of Dreams / BladeCruiser / (EHJ)BooletProof
    R*SC: BladeCruiser
    Check out my GTAV-PC custom race tracks inspired by real life racing circuits!
  • Options
    Well, my idea was to stick with four, so if you want to make a character, I'll pick the four characters that I think would make for an interesting game.

• Options
    Dude, there's no way.

Only 20 xp short! Oh well. Force Rating of 4 should still be good.

• Options
    Capfalcon wrote: »
    Well, my idea was to stick with four, so if you want to make a character, I'll pick the four characters that I think would make for an interesting game.

Nope, that's fine! I didn't realize there were already four people signed up, so I'll just bookmark the thread and watch on to see how it goes. =D

• Options
    Man, testing it out, even rolling 4 Force dice, there is apparently a huge chance of rolling all Dark side, or just like 1 Light pip. It feels like they really did use the dice to enforce that "You're not a Jedi." Because if Obi-Wan had to rely on Force dice during the Clone Wars? Dude would have racked up so much Conflict.

Still want to run a Force-focused character, but its definitely going to be more precarious than I thought. I wonder how big of a benefit you really get from going from 3-4 dice.

• Options
    From a mechanics perspective, everyone's going to get conflict. Using a Dark Side pip is equivalent to lying or being too aggressive. It's bad, yeah, but as long as you do it sparingly, you'll be fine.

On the other hand, "It's just a little wrong. You're just being expedient for the greater good, after all." is pretty much how I see it a lot of falls going down. I think there's probably room for improvement in the mechanic, but it's already pretty promising.

• Options
    Oh, I think for the time period that F&D is set in, the mechanic is perfect. These aren't people raised in a monastery with a perfect understanding of the Force. These are normal people who have tapped into it. So the unreliable nature of the Force and constant temptation to draw on the Dark side even when your intents are noble totally works.

It's just not quite as fitting for actual Jedi who would never need to call on the Dark side just to levitate something with the Force. With the system as it is, there is going to be a choice pretty often to either draw on the Dark side or fail. Can you imagine any Jedi in that situation outside of extreme moments against Sith?

But for "modern" Force users? Totally appropriate.

Adjusting it for "real" Jedi, I'd probably say they should get guaranteed white pips equal to their force rating unless in a situation that would warrant a fear check, or when they are obviously being aggressive and such. Also, they'd have the choice to roll of they wanted the chance of higher pips.

• Options
    Dude, there's no way.
    Only 20 xp short! Oh well. Force Rating of 4 should still be good.
    Uh... how?

Math:
    Max XP is 110 for Human + 10 for Morality bonus + 130 for semi-Knight = 250 xp

XP to FR+1:
    Consular/Healer: 90
    Consular/Niman Disciple: 130
    Consular/Sage: 95
    Guardian/Peacekeeper: 120
    Guardian/Protector: 75
    Guardian/Soresu Defender: n/a
    Mystic/Advisor: 90
    Mystic/Makashi Duelist: n/a
    Mystic/Seer: 60
    Seeker/Ataru Striker: n/a
    Seeker/Hunter: 90
    Seeker/Pathfinder: 65
    Sentinel/Artisan: 70
    Sentinel/Shadow: 100
    Sentinel/Shien Expert: n/a
    Warrior/Aggressor: 75
    Warrior/Shii-Cho Knight: n/a
    Warrior/Starfighter Ace: 95

The cheapest path to FR+4 is via Seeker (FR+1 base, Pathfinder spec (free), 65xp to FR+1, Hunter (20xp), 90xp to FR+1, Mystic/Seer (40xp), 60xp to FR+1) and that's still 275. Getting to FR+5 would be another 120xp (Sentinel/Artisan (50xp), 70xp to FR+1). That's 395xp.

• Options
    It's just not quite as fitting for actual Jedi who would never need to call on the Dark side just to levitate something with the Force. With the system as it is, there is going to be a choice pretty often to either draw on the Dark side or fail. Can you imagine any Jedi in that situation outside of extreme moments against Sith?
    They're just Conflict points. It's not like using a DSP and flipping a destiny point automatically lowers your morality, it was just a little harder to use the Force that time.

Now, you can certainly acquire more Conflict depending on how you use that Force point...

• Options
    edited September 2014
    Well, 135 XP in Seer does bring you to three Force Rating, since the tree has two force boosts, so you can pick up the third boost from Healer.

Of course, you may be very in tune with the force, but you're not going to have much in the way of things to do with it.

Capfalcon on
  • Options
    Yeah, I miscounted Seer twice. It's 70 to get to the tier 4 talent, plus another 70 to get to the tier 5 one. That gets you FR+3 in 140xp, and another 85xp to get the FR+1 from Seeker/Pathfinder is 225 total. Very doable, but that fifth FR is gonna cost ya at least another 100xp.

• Options
    So I'm still crunching the numbers, but it looks like I'm settling in on a Sentinel Artisan/Shien Expert

• Options
    My screwed up math was that we started with 175 extra, and not 130, for some reason. Not sure where I got that number from. But then I went Sage and Seer to get +4 FR in 305 xp. Hence the 20 short. In notmessedupxpworld, its a bit worse off! :stuck_out_tongue:

• Options
    edited October 2014
    So I actually ended up going Soresu Defender/Protector so I could put Int primary. I'd appreciate any suggestions for improvements or math corrections. I'll add the "Mission I learned the most on" soon.

edit 3 -More changes! Switched to Soretsu/Protector (I'll add Artisan later), to focus more on healing initially, also pumped Int to 5.
    1. Background - Rell Nyth grew up at the Jedi Temple, but seemed destined to live out his days at the Technical Division. More interested in understanding a hyperdrive engine than the living force, Rell was passed over for Padawan selection twice. But when the teen sliced into the Temple’s encrypted archives, he was caught by Knight Breka Nes. The Tortugan took Rell on as her first apprentice, recognizing his potential, and the danger of leaving him untrained.

2. Morality
    Curiosity/Obsession
    +10 XP
    Prove myself worthy of becoming a Jedi.

3. Species
    Human
    2/2/2/2/2/2
    XP: 110

Special: one rank in two non-career skills (Coercion, Athletics)

4. Career
    Guardian (ranks in Cool, Discipline, Vigilance)

5. Specialization
    Soresu Defender - Discipline, Lightsaber

6. Experience
    Intelligence 3 (30xp)
    Intelligence 4 (40xp, 70 total)
    Intelligence 5 (50xp, 120)
    (0xp remaining)

Soresu Defender talents:
    Parry (5)
    Soresu Technique (10, 15 total)
    Reflect (10, 25)

Protector (20, 45) talents:
    Bodyguard (5, 50)
    Physician (10, 60)
    Stimpack spec (15, 85)
    Force Protection (20, 95)
    Force Rating (25, 120)

Force Power:
    Heal/Harm (10, 130)

7. Attributes
    WT: 12

8. Motivation
    Ambition/Become a Jedi

9. Gear
    Heavy Clothing (50)
    Tool Kit (350, 400)
    Backpack (50, 450)
    Utility Belt (25, 475)
    Stimpack (25, 500)

Boozer on
  • Options
    Beta update #3 just came out, some cool changes in there. -> fantasyflightgames.com/edge_news.asp?eidn=5091

• Options
    However, when we came up with these starting options, one of our design goals was to not assume that everyone would want to play light side Force users...
    :D

I'm sad to see the setback die on makashi duelist go, but it eases play.

@InkSplat @PACherrn‌ Characters! :)

• Options
    One of the particularly relevant bits for this game:
    Knight level players can't buy a rank in a skill higher than three with their bonus XP.

• Options
    Huh. You could theoretically turn someone to the dark side by killing them and bringing them back over and over with Harm Mastery.

Interesting...

• Options
    discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    Actual Jedi seems fun.
    When I last played this I just pumped all my starting XP into 5 Cunning and pretended to be a Jedi all game whilst doing the hand-wavey thing.

• Options
    Actually, my situation has just gotten shaken up a bit, as I just found out I got a new job today and I'm not sure what my schedule is going to be like. So, @Slayer of Dreams‌ if you' distill like to play, I'll step aside and give you the spot.

• Options
    Actually, my situation has just gotten shaken up a bit, as I just found out I got a new job today and I'm not sure what my schedule is going to be like. So, @Slayer of Dreams‌ if you' distill like to play, I'll step aside and give you the spot.

Congrats dude! And yea, I'll step in to play.

• Options
    edited October 2014
    Character creation:
    eijdlbnoqpwy.png

1. Background - Seket Vrapok grew up at the Jedi Temple, lonely thanks to his intimidating demeanor. Seket found refuge in his studies, and his attunement to the Force grew powerful. Rumors of an ancient Sith ancestor plagued the youth, even after Master Hanto Zuul disproved them personally. Master Zuul, a fellow Iridonian, would eventually take Seket on as his apprentice.

Appearance - Seket’s skin is near black, and his eyes are a shocking green in contrast. His head is hairless except for eyebrows, with small horns covering his entire scalp, Two large prominent horns protrude from his forehead. In lieu of a padawan braid, Seket has delayed getting the facial tattoos denoting a Zabrak adult. He wears grey robes and wields a green lightsaber. He often wears a hood to avoid reactions to his appearance. He is 6’2”, and is 22 years old.

2. Morality
    Independence/Coldness
    +10 XP
    Ambition/Destroy the Sith

3. Species
    Zabrak
    2/2/2/2/3/1
    XP: 100

Special: Survival + Fearsome Countenance (add 1 advantage to Coercion checks)

4. Career
    Mystic (ranks in Charm, Coercion, Perception)

5. Specialization
    Seer - Discipline, Vigilance

6. Experience
    Willpower 4 (40xp)
    Willpower 5 (50xp, 90 total)
    (20xp remaining)

Seer talents:
    Uncanny reactions (5)
    Keen eyed (10, 15)
    Grit (15, 30)
    Sense Advantage (20, 50)
    Force Rating (20, 70)

Niman Disciple (30, 100) talents:
    Nobody’s Fool (5, 105)
    Niman Technique (10, 115)
    Reflect (5, 120)
    Parry (5, 125)

Force Power:
    Move (10, 135)
    Upgrade: Range (5, 140)
    Upgrade: Control (10, 150)

7. Attributes
    WT: 16

8. Motivation
    Ambition/Destroy the Sith

9. Gear
    Backpack (50)
    Utility Belt (25, 75)
    Rations x 5 (25, 100)
    Breath Mask (25, 125)
    Concealing Robes (150, 275)
    Climbing Gear (50, 325)
    Stimpack x 3 (75, 400)
    Credits: 100

Character sheet:
    Character: Seket Vrapok
    Species: Zabrak
    Career: Mystic Specialization Trees: Seer, Niman Disciple

Soak: 3 WT: 12 ST:16 Defense: 0r/0m
    Br: 2 Ag: 2 In: 2 Cu: 2 Wi: 5 Pr: 1

Total XP: 150
    Morality: 60 Conflict: 0
    Force Rating: 2
    Credits: 100

Skills:
    Survival (Cu) 1
    Charm (Pr) 1
    Coercion (Wi) 1
    Perception (Cu) 1
    Discipline (Wi) 1
    Vigilance (Wi) 1

Weapons
    Lightsaber Agility 6 Engaged 2 Breach 1, Sunder

Motivation: Ambition / Destroy the Sith
    Strength: Independence Weakness: Coldness

Description:
    Male, 22, 6’2” tall
    Seket’s skin is near black, and his eyes are a shocking green in contrast. His head is hairless except for eyebrows, with small horns covering his entire scalp, Two large prominent horns protrude from his forehead. In lieu of a padawan braid, Seket has delayed getting the facial tattoos denoting a Zabrak adult. He wears grey robes and wields a green lightsaber. He often wears a hood to avoid reactions to his appearance.

Gear:
    Lightsaber
    Backpack (50)
    Utility Belt (25)
    Rations x 5 (25)
    Breath Mask (25)
    Concealing Robes (150)
    Climbing Gear (50)
    Stimpack x 3 (75)

Talents:
    Zabrak: Fearsome Countenance - add 1 advantage to Coercion checks
    Armor: Concealing Robes - Add [setback die] to checks to notice or recognize an individual wearing them.

Uncanny reactions (5) Add [boost die] per rank of Uncanny Reactions to all Vigilance checks.
    Keen eyed (10) Remove [setback die] per rank of Keen Eyed from Perception and Vigilance checks. Decrease time to search a specific area by half.
    Grit (15) Gain +1 strain threshold.
    Sense Advantage (20) Once per session, may add [setback x 2] to 1 NPC’s skill check.
    Force Rating (20) Gain +1 Force rating

Nobody’s Fool (5) May upgrade difficulty of incoming Charm, Coercion,or Deception checks once per rank of Nobody’s Fool
    Niman Technique (10) When making a check using the Lightsaber skill, the character may use Willpower instead of Brawn.
    Reflect (5) When hit by a ranged attack, suffer 3 strain to reduce damage by 2 plus ranks in Reflect.
    Parry (5) When hit by a melee attack, suffer 3 strain to reduce damage by 2 plus ranks in Parry.

Force Powers:
    Move (10) The Force user can move small objects via the power of the Force.
    The user may spend [force point] to move one object of silhouette 0 that is within short range up to his maximum range. The default maximum range is short range.
    Upgrade: Range (5) Spend [force point] to increase power’s range by a number of range bands equal to Range upgrades purchased. [multi-use]
    Upgrade: Control (10) The Force user can hurl objects to damage targets, by making a Discipline check combined with a Move power check, dealing damage equal to 10 times silhouette. [0 silhouette = 5 dmg]

Background: Seket Vrapok grew up at the Jedi Temple, lonely thanks to his intimidating demeanor. Seket found refuge in his studies, and his attunement to the Force grew powerful. Rumors of an ancient Sith ancestor plagued the youth, even after Master Hanto Zuul disproved them personally. Master Zuul, a fellow Iridonian, would eventually take Seket on as his apprentice.

Mission where I learned the most:
    Master Zuul had sent his apprentice to Coruscant's undercity, to track down information related to the terrorist bomber known as Urlek Gehro. Things had not proceeded as planned.

"I told you ugly, I never heard of your pal Urlek. Now go finish your nap." The mercenary said, flicking the Jedi's grey robes. His cybernetic left eye clicked and whirred, constantly shifting focus.

"I have no more patience for your lies, or your insults. You will tell me what you know, now." Seket said, in a tone that promised violence.

The mercenary chuckled. "Or what, you're going to poke me with one of those ridiculous horns?" Before the apprentice could respond, the human was pointing a heavy blaster in his face. The noise in the busy Cantina ground to a halt.

"Now what, Jedi?" This time it was the mercenary's turn at intimidation. He proved much more effective at it. "Don't be stupid kid. Just go back to whatever rock you crawled out from under."

Seket forced a smile onto his face, but it ended up more of a grimace. His stomach roiled with anger at his failure. Seket let out a slow breath and turned, leaving before his resolve failed.

"Not so easy to frighten those who make war their profession, is it my Padawan?" Master Zuul said, as his apprentice walked past him.

"Master? I only thought to-" Master Zuul raised his hand, and Seket stopped talking.

"You sought to turn your burden into a strength, and now it has become a crutch." Seket's Master said, chewing thoughtfully on a bluish-green strip of vine.

"Forgive me Master, I have failed you." Seket said with finality.

"You have? Interesting. Come, let us share a drink with your mercenary friend. I think he has earned it, yes?"

Master Zuul and the the mercenary Mev-Rakan went on to trade stories, drinks, and insults for the next two hours. As well as the location of Urlek Gehro, the worthless bastard that owed Mev-Rakan over four thousand credits.

Boozer on
  • Options
    The character I've thought up is going to be a fairly social based one, with a high Presence score, and focused on drawing attention to herself to take it off of her allies in dangerous situations. She's also going to be strong in the Sense force power area, further helping her distract and charm those around her into agreeing with what she needs them to do for her. As far as career and such goes, I was looking at Mystic/Makashi Duelist initially, but I'm not set in stone for that if anyone thinks another would be better for the group.

I'll edit in with the details as I double check my math since I'm a derp and can't read stuff too well at times.