As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

No Computer Audio

GuffreyGuffrey Registered User regular
edited September 2007 in Help / Advice Forum
Recently I had to resintall Windows XP do to a bad virus. Everything is working great, except I have no audio. I've gone into Control Panel-Sounds and Audio devices, but it says No Audio Device is recognized.
Under Device Manager-Sound, video and game controllers, it lists Audio Codecs, Legacy Audio Drivers, Legacy Video Capture Devices, Media Control Devices, and Video Codecs. This happened last time I reinstalled XP, and I couldnt figure out a solution. Luckily, one time I restarted my computer, and audio just suddenly worked.

My computer is a HP Pavilion a1240n. According to EVEREST Home Edition I have an Asus PTGD-LA motherboard, and an Intel 82801FB ICH6 High Defition Audio Controller. Any help?

Guffrey on

• Options
    Uncle LongUncle Long Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Under device manager: those devices you listed. Right click on them and update their drivers.

Uncle Long on
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    Just did that, Hardware Wizard said it couldnt find any more up to date software.

Guffrey on
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    Go to the manufacturer's website (search Intel 82801FB ICH6 High Definition Audio Controller) and download their drivers.

Uncle Long on
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    I had done that multiple times with no luck at all. I was on DriverGuide.com, and just happened to run across a listing called "82801FB", and the person said they had found it on their Asus cd. I downloaded it, and sure enough, worked perfectly. This can be locked, and thanks for your help.

Guffrey on
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    I'm glad it worked out. Sorry you had to go to driverguide. I work at a small computer store so I get all kinds of old and new machines and, ergo, I know how much of a pain in the neck searching for drivers can be.

Uncle Long on