As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

SE++ Minecraft: We're Still Here!

• toloveistorebel toloveistorebel Impressive. Most impressive. Central FLRegistered User regular
    Since you've played with us before, you should still be whitelisted. Hop on and have a look around!

• PacificstarPacificstar Registered User regular
    What am I doing wrong then? I wasn't able to connect to the server last night. Is there a particular mod I should be loading with FTB to join the server this time around?

Err, I connected to Victor's Bounty just fine.

• toloveistorebel toloveistorebel Impressive. Most impressive. Central FLRegistered User regular
    Are you meaning to connect to the FTB server or Victor's Bounty? The FTB server needs FTB installed and the correct modpack downloaded/installed as well. There should be instructions in the OP or on the SE++ Minecraft Wiki. I don't really mess around much with FTB though.

• sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    edited September 2014
    Mayabird wrote: »
    @sarukun‌ Cool. Also after I wear down the pick to a nub I can repair it with another Eff IV pick that I got and get an Eff V pick. Where are you at, and will you need to keep any/all the stones and dirt that is collected?

I've been building chests as I go, although I'm starting to wonder if I should be dumping it all down the lava-filled crevasse by my dirt-hut. :P

Edit: and I forget where I'm at, I'm gonna log in and check.

sarukun on
    So, I find myself near someone's little cottage built into a cliffside around x=89 y=94. I'd like to set up shop kind of near by. Can anyone tell me if that's OK?

• greygrey Registered User regular
    If you are on Victor's Bounty, 89,94 is really close to spawn. If you want to build there, you'll probably want to adopt the spawn style, which is Victorian.

If you are on the FTB server, I have no idea. FTB has never been my thing.

• sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    Thank you, @Mayabird‌ for your help leveling that little mesa.

It constitutes maaaaaaybe 10-15% of the leveling job I have ahead of me, but it feels like progress, tell you what.

• WuShockWuShock Lawful Good South BrownbackistanRegistered User regular
    sarukun wrote: »
    Thank you, @Mayabird‌ for your help leveling that little mesa.

It constitutes maaaaaaybe 10-15% of the leveling job I have ahead of me, but it feels like progress, tell you what.

Maya is a fantastic leveler.

She helped me level out the land the soccer stadium eventually went on. I really appreciated the help.

Twixxo wrote:
    WuShock is the best
    He is the very bestest
    I wish I was him

rx9e87jbbz0w.png

The skyrail between East Village and Spawnington has been relocated to beneath the East road. All functionality has been maintained. Leftover resources are in the chest at East Village station.

• Dr. FlamingoDr. Flamingo 49 Gilded Disc Perceives the Sun Registered User regular
    Yo, to the person who built/is in charge of the lighthouse in Spawnington: I noticed it's hanging awkwardly off the side of the mountain it stands on. If you're already aware of this and you have a plan but haven't found the time to complete a big terraforming project yet, that's fine, more power to you, I look forward to it. But, if you feel you've been saddled with the task of constructing part of a mountain, when all you wanted to do was to make a cool lighthouse, I have a plan.

The project I want to build is a Victorian Garden coming down the side of the mountain, connecting the lighthouse with the rest of Spawnington. I'd be willing to design and construct it as soon as possible, but this is just an idea, I can do it elsewhere. I just thought this would be a good opportunity to make Spawn feel a little more developed and provide it with some scenery.

I hope I'm not out of line or whether the lighthouse is even considered part of Spawn, but I figured this fell under the umbrella of collaborative building, so I figured I'd take a shot.

• LeftOnRedLeftOnRed Registered User regular
    Are you talking about the big lighthouse just north of spawn?

• EncEnc A Fool with Compassion Pronouns: He, Him, HisRegistered User regular
    Thats the only one I think.

edited September 2014
    So peoples, some questions for you:

1) When is it worthwhile to start enchanting picks and the like?
    2) How do I know when I have enough diamonds to start investing into enchanting them?
    3) Can anyone point me at a resource that will tell me how to construct a grinder? (I found a zombie spawner very close to my Mesa base
    EDIT: 4) Does anyone use a tool to plan builds?

Pacificstar on
    1) As soon as you have both levels and diamond tools
    2) Diamonds are only useful for tools. Once you have three get a pick and enchant it with 30 levels
    3) Googling is the best for this, they are too complicated to explain in text. Make sure whatever you build has an off switch or you wont be in compliance with the server rules.
    4) Yes. I use post it notes on my office desk. Thousands of them.

Haven's Briarthorn, gathered up, was about 3 full pads of sticky notes full of designs and ideas.

• SnerkySnerky call me trick the c is silentRegistered User regular
    and I thought three sheets of A4 for my library was a bit much
    jeez

EYDHoqw.png
  • JebusUDJebusUD Adventure! Candy IslandRegistered User regular
    Yo, to the person who built/is in charge of the lighthouse in Spawnington: I noticed it's hanging awkwardly off the side of the mountain it stands on. If you're already aware of this and you have a plan but haven't found the time to complete a big terraforming project yet, that's fine, more power to you, I look forward to it. But, if you feel you've been saddled with the task of constructing part of a mountain, when all you wanted to do was to make a cool lighthouse, I have a plan.

The project I want to build is a Victorian Garden coming down the side of the mountain, connecting the lighthouse with the rest of Spawnington. I'd be willing to design and construct it as soon as possible, but this is just an idea, I can do it elsewhere. I just thought this would be a good opportunity to make Spawn feel a little more developed and provide it with some scenery.

I hope I'm not out of line or whether the lighthouse is even considered part of Spawn, but I figured this fell under the umbrella of collaborative building, so I figured I'd take a shot.

I think the lighthouse is supposed to be on sort of a rocky outcropping. Though a garden partway down might be nice. I have nearly completed my stone factory up near there, and had presumed spawn fences would be extended around that area. I'd certainly welcome improvements around my factory.

I write you a story
    But it loses its thread
    Sticky notes is a brilliant idea. Keeps single ideas and sketches small and contained. I'm going to start doing that.

• JadwickJadwick Registered User regular
    When you said thousands of sticky notes I thought you just used different colored sticky notes to stand for different blocks and planned your builds out like pixel art.

... then peel the first layer off and the next layer would be the next block up... or down.

ahahaha, that would be amazing.

No, instead I usually have a small notebook for work updates/notes with a sticky pad inside. When ideas strike me, I'll sketch out the idea on a sticky note and add it to the day's pad. Then I try and get each note made in game.

@nuka‌ @‌introp

It could be nothing, but there has been some pretty consistent block lag this morning for multiple people,

Confirmed, it's getting worse and started last night.

@grey

Enc wrote: »
    Thats the only one I think.

That one belong's the @nosf. I doubt he'll mind, but I'll ask him if he doesn't pop into the thread.

Server is being restarted to see if that helps with the lag.

• blakeblake Registered User regular
    Thanks grey, lag is gone

Server is nice and populated. If you're reading this thread but not playing, come back!

What kind of bees make milk?
    Boobees!
    blake wrote: »
    Thanks grey, lag is gone

Thanks be unto Introp, for he did slay the beast and bring it back to a healthy life.

• JunpeiJunpei Registered User regular
    Play on the same server as Enc? Sounds like hard work ; )

Or easy work, depending on your point of view.

• intropintrop Registered User regular
    If by "slay" you mean "stop the server, go to check the health of the box, forget to restart the server for fifteen minutes while I talk to my boss on the phone", then yes, it was slain.

I am not good at IT.

Steam ID: highentropy

Spoke with the owner of the lighthouse, he doesn't mind at all.

2) Diamonds are only useful for tools. Once you have three get a pick and enchant it with 30 levels
    3) Googling is the best for this, they are too complicated to explain in text. Make sure whatever you build has an off switch or you wont be in compliance with the server rules.

Haven's Briarthorn, gathered up, was about 3 full pads of sticky notes full of designs and ideas.

Defster helped me set up my grinder. It's totally in compliance and stuff.

I have an idea for a building I want to make out of Red Clay which is why I set up in the Mesa area. But I never get block widths and stuff right so I wanted to find a planning tool so I can figure out each layer of the construction. Mostly because it's going to start out as circular

@Muddeh, your order is ready.

• RadiationRadiation Registered User regular

I have an idea for a building I want to make out of Red Clay which is why I set up in the Mesa area. But I never get block widths and stuff right so I wanted to find a planning tool so I can figure out each layer of the construction. Mostly because it's going to start out as circular
    http://www.plotz.co.uk/ is a pretty decent resource.

PSN: jfrofl
    Radiation wrote: »

http://www.plotz.co.uk/ is a pretty decent resource.

Thanks, I can work with this and adapt it to my needs!

• NosfNosf Registered User regular
    re: enormous lighthouse, etc

Got back into firefall, so been playing that. If you want to monkey around with it, sure, leave it more or less intact if you can. There's materials and stuff in the chests in the lighthouse itself and in the house annnnd down under the house in the cave system if you want.

• the cheatthe cheat Registered User, ClubPA regular
    if anyone could fetch me some obsidian, that'd be great. wanted to make an ender chest last night but I still don't have a diamond pick. just leave 8 of em in the donation station. thanks in advance kind soul.

tKfL2Yd.png?1
  • MayabirdMayabird Pecking at the keyboardRegistered User regular
    New Businesses Open in Spawnington

A center of commerce has opened in our splendid capital of Victor's Bounty, on East Road before the orange bridge, featuring three shops and rooms for boarders.

2014-10-03_212938_zps982058f2.png

One of these shops is Robin Redbreast Bakery, bringing all the charms of the local bakery while producing foodstuffs in industrial quantities for our modern age.

2014-10-03_211902_zps5ba0d6d2.png

Nest door is the Green Thumb Flower Shoppe, offering flowers to adorn the houses and gardens of the citizenry.

2014-10-03_212950_zpsbe3f203c.png

Lastly but certainly not leastly, around the corner on the road to the College is the mysterious Great Oriental Trading Company, said to feature rare and strange items from distant lands, still retaining their exotic foreign magics.

2014-10-03_212957_zps7f83fee1.png

2014-10-03_211843_zps847e9b3a.png

All new arriving lads to our fair city are up and comers, but for those who haven't quite up and come yet, there are boarding rooms available on the upper floor. Saving up for the house of your dreams, or fleeing the eldritch Horrors of East Village just looking for a temporary place to sleep? Stay here in one of our adequate at best rather mediocre simple and humble rooms, smelling of flour and flowers.

2014-10-03_211818_zps09b5c0f0.png

Will you visit us today?

An explanation:

There are three rooms available upstairs still untaken, for anyone who wants a bed and chest space in Spawnington, since there's otherwise a bit of a housing shortage. Feel free to grab one and pretty it up a bit if you like, and leave it for the next person if you're done.

The bakery and flower shop are for show and free, so take what you need, especially if you're working on or pretty-fying Spawnington.

I am asking for payment for goods in the Great Oriental Trading Company. Paying for stuff allows me to just go do more trading for more stuff to keep a steady and stable supply line, so you don't have to travel to the village at Victor's Unibrow for a cool enchant and I don't have to spend hours at the Cool Beans Farmer.

Right now, at GOTC I have Fire Aspect II tomes for sale (15 emeralds each), Unbreaking III tomes (30 E), and Efficiency II Unbreaking II Fortune I picks (20 E). It's their regular cost plus a small mark up since I'm lugging those things from elsewhere. If you want to boat all the way to Savannah you can get them cheaper there, but ya gotta pay a bit extra for convenience.

• the cheatthe cheat Registered User, ClubPA regular
    I went in that flower shop; didn't see one flower pot. I think it's a front, you guys.

tKfL2Yd.png?1
    the cheat wrote: »
    I went in that flower shop; didn't see one flower pot. I think it's a front, you guys.

Unless someone took them all already they should be in the chest marked "Pot, Grass, ...weed..."

Because it has pots, grasses, and ferns.