As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Camp Weedonwantcha by Katie Rice — Wind Down

DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
edited September 2014 in Camp Weedonwantcha

imageCamp Weedonwantcha by Katie Rice — Wind Down

Read the full story here

Unknown User on

• Suburban_ArcanaSuburban_Arcana Registered User regular
    Wow. That was a FANTASTIC story arc. Thank you so much for doing what you do. Camp Weedonwantcha is incredible.

• SargeSarge Registered User regular
    If those are the wigs, where's the food?

• currypcurryp Registered User regular
    Yep ! Thanks Miss !

• mRahmanimRahmani DetroitRegistered User regular
    I love the way Seventeen is giving Purdy the stink-eye in the first panel. Amazing detail in all these strips!

• Zorlock DarksoulZorlock Darksoul Registered User regular
    Malachi's hair looks fabulous.

• piyoaaapiyoaaa Registered User regular
    I like Purdy.

• Lingering GrinLingering Grin Registered User regular
    Hehe panel 3, His fingers holding onto the right side of the bucket are transparent =P

Now, let's see how many crazy wigs Katie can come up with for the next few comics =P

• Talyn RahlTalyn Rahl Registered User regular
    Oooh man what an ending! I can't tell which part I loved more Malachi's face in panel 8, or the line "Yeah, when it comes to imitation sardines, you're really just renting them". I think at a push I'd go for that line, just because it's equal parts hilarious and WRONG.

Brilliant ending, loved this arc.... And you really saved the trickiest kitty for last didn't you? I mean I THINK I've found it, but honestly I think I might just be seeing things...

• ReplicanttenReplicantten Registered User regular
    Well who looks fancy now.

Thank you for a great ending to a great continuum. Little cleats were saved from katharsis and gory gnashgoming's for now.

• SneftelSneftel Registered User regular
    What th.... I think I found two cats.

• gbshanegbshane Registered User new member
    edited September 2014
    Found the kitty :3 I don't know how to do the conceal thing in forums so stop reading if you don't want a hint.
    mod edit: ftfy
    I love how it opened the door all by itself!

zerzhul on
  • KurpavKurpav Registered User regular
    llol, "these are really intact" best line ever

On the Hunt: Star Trek, Gold Overwatch, Glitch
    Check 'em: My Pins!
  • hajenhajen Registered User regular
    what a beautiful tuesday, what a great closure on this arc and who knew that imitation sardines was a rental, just like beer? :)
    and the coast must be clear, the kitteh has finally come down off the roof...
    But the loose end i hope that gets tied up in a later episode is: how did that rock come to be blocking the back door?

bonus content: i decided to google AND bing "foodman's refurbished wigs" (for its and iggles) and was rather not impressed by what was served up by MS; the first non-ad link was to a moose joke on a humor site that had been nuke spammed by cheap knock-off consumer goods.
    pathetic but humerus in its own weigh ;)

• melonLordmelonLord Registered User new member
    Awesome comic! And such a great ending for this arc. My god, that wig. So majestic.

Er, I also notice that Brian goes from wearing his jacket in panel 9 to suddenly having only the camp shirt in the last panel.

• plato360plato360 Registered User regular
    OK, you got me. I've finally made a profile just so I could say how much I love this comic, especially today's. Every other frame was making me laugh and it was all I could do to not become a distraction in class while reading this!

• ComradebotComradebot Lord of Dinosaurs Houston, TXRegistered User regular
    There. Are. TWO. CATS.

• cubbylostboycubbylostboy Registered User regular
    It looks good now, but wait 'til it gets rained on.

• LostNinjaLostNinja Registered User regular
    melonLord wrote: »
    Awesome comic! And such a great ending for this arc. My god, that wig. So majestic.

Er, I also notice that Brian goes from wearing his jacket in panel 9 to suddenly having only the camp shirt in the last panel.

It's tied around his waist in the last panel, probably got hot playing baseball.

The Sardines comment both really grossed me out, and had me in stitches...well played Katie, well played.

• p0pp4p0pp4 Registered User new member
    The title is a bit of a word-play:

- Seventeen's "wind up" before the pitch
    - "Wind up" of the story arc
    - and finally, British slang (wind up) for concocting a story for the purpose of deceiving others.

I suspect the last definition sums up the story arc quite nicely.

He is just this guy, you know....
  • grenligrenli Registered User new member
    Lookin' good, Malachi! I can't stop looking at Tanner's face. That scar is worryingly close to his eye. :(

• Twenty SidedTwenty Sided Registered User regular
    Why is the girl green blowing the raspberry at boy purple?

• metfanscmetfansc Registered User regular
    It is a magic cat, flinging open the door and all

• Cortese21Cortese21 Registered User new member
    Seventeen and Brian's reaction to Purdy waving to them is really cute.

• MarcinMNMarcinMN Registered User regular
    That wig makes me think of Bart Simpson in that episode with John Waters. I'm sure many of you know what I'm talking about. ;)

"It's just as I've always said. We are being digested by an amoral universe."

-Tycho Brahe
  • One of ManyOne of Many Registered User new member
    At first I was like, "It's funny because no one does." Then suddenly I realized that I know exactly what you are talking about.

• tinwatchmantinwatchman Registered User regular
    ... they have to play baseball with rocks. It's little details like that that really put the cherry on top of the despair sundae.

• wedge_antilleswedge_antilles Registered User new member
    I think this is one of the most beautiful comics to date. I love the expressions.

• VichusSmithVichusSmith Registered User new member
    Props to a really gross joke!

• piggystewpiggystew Registered User regular
    Great arc!