As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Southern Harmony and [chat] Companion

• CokebotleCokebotle 穴掘りの 電車内Registered User regular
    Holy crap, that's her natural voice?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4izxnXBZuzY

工事中
  • _J__J_ Pedant Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Cokebotle wrote: »

Years ahead of us.

• surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular

japan has some cultural expectations about women voices that has some crazy outcomes

obF2Wuw.png
  • ZephiranZephiran Registered User regular
    edited October 2014
    Yesterday I came into contact with people, which sure is a notable event in the life I normally lead.

Some of these people had really fucking weird perspectives on things.

Makes me feel more justified staying inside all day jerking off in the bathtub nahmean?

Zephiran on
    Alright and in this next scene all the animals have AIDS.

I got a little excited when I saw your ship.
  • EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    jerking off in an unfilled bathtub does seem like a decent state of existence

"and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • _J__J_ Pedant Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    This evening I went with a friend to a new friend's house. We played Cards Against Humanity, and ate pizza.

It was not awful.

• surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    report and delete all people

goodnight babydolls

obF2Wuw.png
  • GimGim a tall glass of water Registered User regular
    Dan Mintz and her should put on a show together.

• MimMim I prefer my lovers… dead.Registered User regular
    edited October 2014
    I enjoy Rocky Horror in the safety of my own home.

also, on my ipod, where I listen to "Touch-a, Touch-a, Touch-a Touch Me" on repeat sometimes.

Mim on

japan has some cultural expectations about women voices that has some crazy outcomes

To an extent, but normally not nearly as extreme. For comparison, the Japanese voices for Naruto, Luffy/Krillin, and Goku are all women.

...I may or may not have been watching related videos on YouTube to avoid doing work.

工事中
  • ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    Shadow of Mordor has the most advanced cape technology gaming has ever seen.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • ZephiranZephiran Registered User regular
    There are quite a few streamers and youtube personalities that have similar qualities to their voices, they typically do amateur voiceacting and stuff.

Alright and in this next scene all the animals have AIDS.

I got a little excited when I saw your ship.
  • ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular
    Cinders wrote: »
    ronya wrote: »
    the world of dune disdains order, progress, bureaucracy, and laws; appeals to a universal humanity are lies perpetrated by hypocrites and opportunists; only the good emperor can save man from himself. this is fine for worldbuilding but perhaps not for taking it too seriously

You hate fun

beep boop I am a robot

aRkpc.gif
  • GimGim a tall glass of water Registered User regular
    Elki wrote: »

But how does the water look?

Zephiran wrote: »
    There are quite a few streamers and youtube personalities that have similar qualities to their voices, they typically do amateur voiceacting and stuff.

They span the gamut from barely tolerable to tools of torture.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited October 2014
    I should do some voice acting.

I have internalized way, way too many cartoon and movie stereotype voices.

Incenjucar on
  • Ravenhpltc24Ravenhpltc24 So Raven Registered User regular
    edited October 2014
    Mildly NSFW.
    hwPPXck.jpg

Ravenhpltc24 on
    (V) ( ;,,; ) (V)
  • Rear Admiral ChocoRear Admiral Choco I wanna be an owl, Jerry! Owl York CityRegistered User regular
    Mim wrote: »

also, on my ipod, where I listen to "Touch-a, Touch-a, Touch-a Touch Me" on repeat sometimes.

pfffft it's all about sweet transvestite

i would also accept science fiction / double feature

Gim wrote: »

I don't know, I was watching the cape. I haven't played a ton of it, but Mordor is looks pretty bland. Terrain and rocks look like terrain and rocks from Insert 360 Game Here. And there are wooden platforms? That cape, though. Pretty hot. No one has avenged my numerous deaths, yet.

@OnTheLastCastle‌ what's up with that.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    the world of dune disdains order, progress, bureaucracy, and laws; appeals to a universal humanity are lies perpetrated by hypocrites and opportunists; only the good emperor can save man from himself. this is fine for worldbuilding but perhaps not for taking it too seriously

The thing that struck me most about reading the Dune series earlier this year is how incredibly 2nd wave it's view on women are. Like, fucking hardcore gender essentialism all up ins.

Mostly though, it was weird and rambly and poorly structured and often terribly written.

Though I ended up enjoying Heretics of Dune alot more then I remembered from before.

• Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    Mordor has kinda janky graphics in general but its ok because the gameplay is super rad, and that's only after playing it for about a half hour before it got too late.

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • stevemarks44stevemarks44 Registered User regular
    I told my brother for his birthday I'd play vidjagames with him (I also got him a real gift).

But he had to drive his gf to work in the early AM so he went to bed.

I am now drunk and bored.

What now, [chat]?

• JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod

this is super not what dune is saying at all yo

rRwz9.gif
  • ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    I told my brother for his birthday I'd play vidjagames with him (I also got him a real gift).

What now, [chat]?

draw pensi on his face

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    Gim wrote: »

I don't know, I was watching the cape. I haven't played a ton of it, but Mordor is looks pretty bland. Terrain and rocks look like terrain and rocks from Insert 360 Game Here. And there are wooden platforms? That cape, though. Pretty hot. No one has avenged my numerous deaths, yet.

I feel the same way but actually, now that I am comparing it to other modern games, it looks fine. Pretty good even. I am going to call this phenomenon the Ethan Carter Effect.

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • So It GoesSo It Goes We keep moving...Registered User regular
    Also today I decided I'm going to be Matt Fraction Hawkeye today for Halloween

Wash

YES

• MimMim I prefer my lovers… dead.Registered User regular
    Mim wrote: »

pfffft it's all about sweet transvestite

i would also accept science fiction / double feature

For me it's "TTTTM" followed by "Sweet Transvestite" followed by "Rose Tint My World"

"Dammit Janet" is somewhere in there.

• ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular

What now, [chat]?

Watch Shane.

• Solomaxwell6Solomaxwell6 Registered User regular
    Is Elki the only one that doesn't like Mordor, or is that a common opinion?

Someone said it reminded them of AC1, fun concept but really repetitive. That might've been Elki, too.

• OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Mordor has kinda janky graphics in general but its ok because the gameplay is super rad, and that's only after playing it for about a half hour before it got too late.

it's too easy and the animations are p limited

everything else is super fun so far

Hm... is it weird to use homemade chilli as pizza sauce? I mean, if you normally eat it with a slice of bread and topped with cheese it's essentially the same thing.

工事中
    So It Goes wrote: »
    Also today I decided I'm going to be Matt Fraction Hawkeye today for Halloween

Wash

YES

I am going to order the shirt on Friday and then all I need is medical tape for the day of.

I am also hoping to skip out of work in the middle of the day on fri to see gone girl

I don't think i liked this book! Just finished it today

• GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    hmm I could get halal for lunch tomorrow

there's a dude who does tikka masala not far from my office

he's cute too : 3

NO EDDY YOU HAVE RESPONSIBILITIES NOW

919UOwT.png
    tumblr_mre3v536jy1seji43o1_500.jpg

• ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular
    shryke wrote: »

The thing that struck me most about reading the Dune series earlier this year is how incredibly 2nd wave it's view on women are. Like, fucking hardcore gender essentialism all up ins.

Mostly though, it was weird and rambly and poorly structured and often terribly written.

Though I ended up enjoying Heretics of Dune alot more then I remembered from before.

well I wouldn't call it terribly second wave - feminism hardly has a monopoly on essentialism. dune is also essentialist along class lines, too.

aRkpc.gif
    Thomamelas wrote: »

What now, [chat]?

Watch Shane.
    Shane.jpg

• ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    I am not dressing up this year. And I'm okay with that.

I also still don't know how to dismiss these announcement threads grr

I never EVER dress up.

People at my office today in a meeting were like "dressing up this year as a team will be great because now because of steve we have a guy!"

And I was like...

"do you though? do you have a guy?"

This discussion has been closed.