As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

PAX Pokemon League Aus 2014

2»

• philomglolphilomglol Melbourne, AUSRegistered User regular
    WallStar wrote: »
    If I don't have a fully pimped out team is there still going to be point in me playing? Like, are there going to be varying levels to go up against?

Certainly! To add to what @Fernurion‌ says above; the First Rule of PAX Pokemon League is to ensure that everyone is having fun! The Second Rule of PAX Pokemon League is to ensure EVERYONE IS HAVING OH SO MUCH FUN THEIR EYES EXPLODE!!

We want to ensure there's a bit of something for everyone, starting with all age groups, and then moving on to everything else.

Personally, I'll be probably the easiest Gym Leader there. But I hope my Poke's will be visually impressive :)

Love Pokemon? Coming to PAX Aus? Challenge the PAX Pokemon League!
  • ProprietyPropriety PAX Pokemon League Leader! Registered User regular
    Aus is really ramping up behind the scenes, you guys! Gym leaders won't be revealed until after Prime is over, but I can't wait! :D

That guy with the ridiculously long scarf at PAX. Say Hi!
    Love Pokemon? Going to PAX Prime/East/Aus/South? Challenge the PAX Pokemon League!!!
  • El Barto 227El Barto 227 Registered User regular
    I'm looking forward to this, and am putting together a team for PAX already.
    Question: Are there only single battles, or could I challenge the Leader to a double battle?

I'm looking forward to this, and am putting together a team for PAX already.
    Question: Are there only single battles, or could I challenge the Leader to a double battle?

It depends on the leaders! Some of the leaders may be running double battles, rotation battles, triple battles, who knows! Each leader sets their own rules... you can always ask though, if you really want to do doubles!

Love Pokemon? Going to PAX Prime/East/Aus/South? Challenge the PAX Pokemon League!!!
  • snowyalicesnowyalice Registered User regular
    I'm so excited for PAX to come! The PPL is going to be exciting!

edited October 2014
    I could use a little help. Since this is a fun event, I'm putting together a fun team. All Eeveelutions, because I love Eevee and it's evolutions. PArticularly Sylveon (straight male here, who likes a girly pink pokemon for some reason lol)
    But I'm relatively new to Pokemon and have no idea what constitutes a good team (I'd like to at least not fail horribly XD). Any advice?

El Barto 227 on
  • FernurionFernurion Registered User regular
    For the most part, just go with what you like. The leaders are all over the place in terms of difficulty, but each leader has at least one weakness you can exploit. Leader profiles will be unveiled soon so you can use those to help decide what to bring.

For some general advice, aim for type coverage. Try to have an answer for each type of poke, both defending and attacking. Also, don't neglect your EV training. It's easy to do now with super training.

Any advice?

My only advice would be to enjoy yourself! It's what life is all about, after all :)

And as @Fernurion‌ says, we'll be announcing our Gym Leaders in the coming weeks, and you'll hopefully be able to pick up a little advance knowledge to help you power through! Just keep an eye on this thread and the paxpokemonleague.net official site.

I'm sure that if you make people laugh you'll get badges. I know I will.

3 weeks til the first ever PAX Pokemon League Aus takes flight, and if you're reading this but not anything else PPL related, and you have a spare 30 minutes, listen here and get on the hype train!

philomglol wrote: »
    3 weeks til the first ever PAX Pokemon League Aus takes flight, and if you're reading this but not anything else PPL related, and you have a spare 30 minutes, listen here and get on the hype train!

Listened to it yesterday, that does get the hype rising quickly

The leaders are being revealed right now! head over to the PPL Website to see who your leaders are.

Leaders are going up at paxpokemonleague.net! I'm trying to put them up around 2-3 PM Australia time every day! Get the scoop on who you'll be facing... you'll know what types you need to be prepared for!

We'll be announcing Meetup times soon too!

Just FYI: we're starting small this year: there will be 11 gym leaders, but no Elite 4 or Champion. Hopefully next year we can grow and have an E4!

If you collect 8 badges... we'll have something special for you (while supplies last). :D

edited October 2014
    Propriety wrote: »
    Leaders are going up at paxpokemonleague.net! I'm trying to put them up around 2-3 PM Australia time every day! Get the scoop on who you'll be facing... you'll know what types you need to be prepared for!

We'll be announcing Meetup times soon too!

Just FYI: we're starting small this year: there will be 11 gym leaders, but no Elite 4 or Champion. Hopefully next year we can grow and have an E4!

If you collect 8 badges... we'll have something special for you (while supplies last). :D
    This is going to be awesome, even without an E4. My Eevees are almost ready (Stupid Umbreon and Espeon not evolving till I walk across half of Kalos with them), although I may have a little surprise on my team...

El Barto 227 on
    Crazy Espurr lady, brilliant! (Although that Dark type weakness could be exploited)

Crazy Espurr lady, brilliant! (Although that Dark type weakness could be exploited)
    885yeu4l6gzu.jpg
    Would you like to play a game?

snowyalice wrote: »
    885yeu4l6gzu.jpg
    Would you like to play a game?

No, it looks like the face of "I'm going to eat your soul" :P
    I'll definitely look forward to challenging you.

Episode 3 of the PPL podcast is now available, for those who want to know about meetup times, badges, scarves and assorted silliness.