As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

PAX Aus Pinny Predictions

• Options
    QumadenQumaden World's Mightiest Mortal Registered User regular
    00Fayt00 wrote: »
    Qumaden wrote: »
    Man, PAX without Blizz? Not having Blizz or LoL in the Expo hall is like a dream come true for me.

Tsk tsk. League of Legends is something at PAX that draws in a huge amount of people *cough* me *cough*. I'm of course hooked to PAX and PA in general now…but LoL is where PAX started for me. :P

The MOBA will be the downfall of human society.

• Options
    FrostbyteFrostbyte Registered User regular
    I was thinking about that at Prime. If there was no Riot/LoL presence at PAX, would tickets be easier to get? I feel like 50% of the attendees are more about LoL than they are about PA, or general gaming. /shrug

• Options
    00Fayt0000Fayt00 Registered User regular
    Frostbyte wrote: »
    I was thinking about that at Prime. If there was no Riot/LoL presence at PAX, would tickets be easier to get? I feel like 50% of the attendees are more about LoL than they are about PA, or general gaming. /shrug

While I can't say that most of the LoL go'ers aren't about PA one way or the other, I don't think it's fair to say they aren't about general gaming.

Besides, PAX is about the experience. It's not about people who are only fans of PA. It's about expanding peoples thoughts and everyone being able to come together FOR gaming. Just because LoL has a strong presence at PAX do you think it's even a bit fair to say they are a problem. They are gamers, and PAX is a forum for gamers of all kinds.

• Options
    zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    I don't think this is the right place to be debating whether or not a certain company should have a pax booth. I'm not sure there /is/ a right place for that, but 1) that debate isn't pin related and 2) it's pretty exclusionary.

• Options
    PedroAsaniPedroAsani Brotherhood of the Squirrel [Prime]Registered User regular
    zerzhul wrote: »
    I don't think this is the right place to be debating whether or not a certain company should have a pax booth. I'm not sure there /is/ a right place for that, but 1) that debate isn't pin related and 2) it's pretty exclusionary.

<Sharp steering noises>

This was my first year watching the LoL finals, and I have to say that it will be on my list of Required PAXination spots. The atmosphere was almost as good as Acquisitions Inc.

If they continue to be a presence at PAX, which is likely, there may well be a LoL Pin in the future. For those who collect, it would make you pay a little more attention, and for those who already watch LoL and do little else, it might get them out of there and into the rest of PAX.

That said, if they are going to use the queue room next year, please please please have a full complement of chairs. Sitting on the floor did not go well for me.

• Options
    As to Aus, I would love to see a LoL regional there too. And Pins, always more Pins.

• Options
    FitzchivalryFitzchivalry PAXAUS Cookie Brigade Coordinator Orrstrahleeeeah mate!Registered User regular
    LoL Pinultimate Edition.

Collect all 120+ champion pins.

I vote Mike Robles changes companies and takes over managing this project.

• Options
  • Options
    zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    I am surprised that there has yet to be a riot pin.

• Options
    FitzchivalryFitzchivalry PAXAUS Cookie Brigade Coordinator Orrstrahleeeeah mate!Registered User regular
    zerzhul wrote: »
    I am surprised that there has yet to be a riot pin.

They make enough money from adding pretty customisations to their champions :)

• Options
    PedroAsani wrote: »
    As to Aus, I would love to see a LoL regional there too. And Pins, always more Pins.

Unfortunately AUS will be during the time when LoL takes their off season so problably won't happen. I'd welcome a pin though eventually!

• Options
    CONFIRMED: Riot Games will be at PAX Australia!

The League of Legends - Oceania Regional Semi-Final and Finals will take place on Saturday and Sunday of #PAXAus. This is the ultimate phase of the 2014 championship, with the top four teams battling it out for the title of Oceanic champions, with a total prize pool of $60,000!

So yeh it will be crazy at Aus :)

• Options
    TheAggroCraigTheAggroCraig Ultimate Lucky Douchebag MassachusettsRegistered User regular
    I hate LoL and its online community, so not having a Riot pin is just the best imo.

• Options
    purevalpureval Somersworth, NH Registered User regular
    Riots booths tend to be near mosh pits at the best of times anyway. I hate to think what they would be like if they had a pin. They would probably make Leeroy and The Order look like saints by the end of PAX.

• Options
    I really would love to figure out what it is about the MOBA genre that turns otherwise normal human beings into monsters. The idea of there being a LoL pin terrifies me. I realize that there is specific Venn diagram that can show the overlap of the game fans, penny arcade fans, etc etc. PAX is about games, video, tabletop, etc, and everyone has different things that they love, but the fervor with which the LoL community would want to snatch that pin up, coupled with the marketing style of the company, coupled with the fervor of us Pinthusiasts...a LoL pin would be a perfect storm of me crying because I wouldn't be able to collect it despite my desire to catch them all.

P.S Run on sentence.

• Options
    fishfishmonkeyhatfishfishmonkeyhat Freelance Pin Man Newcastle, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    A GTAV pin for the remasters would be nice.

• Options
    AyefkayAyefkay Queensland, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    A GTAV pin for the remasters would be nice.

Michael, Franklin, Trevor and Chop as set.

My PinnyPals Digital Lanyard: Now Up to date! https://pinnypals.com/pals/Ayefkay

8fuuo_RK.png
  • Options
    If Supergiant goes, I feel like they'll have their Red pin. Sneaky devils. I just hope that there are pins unique to Aus outside of the PA Merch ones and that the games being showcased get some unique love.

• Options
    Thats something ive been thinking of lately. I know they want to make PAXAUS as legit and meaningful as other shows, but i think we might see a lot of repeats. Unless youre trading with people overseas, or in a pin group, Aus hasnt had the chance to be exposed to many pins just yet, add the fact that we probably wont get as many big names coming. If i had to guess i would say half our pins will be from east and prime, other half new to Aus, maybe 10 old 10 new.

My PinnyPals Digital Lanyard: Now Up to date! https://pinnypals.com/pals/Ayefkay

8fuuo_RK.png
  • Options
    On pin suggestions though, Smash Bros 3DS would be out for 2 weeks when PAXAUS comes. This is the longest of longshot guesses...but i would do unspeakable horrors for a smash pin...

8fuuo_RK.png
  • Options
    Ayefkay wrote: »
    On pin suggestions though, Smash Bros 3DS would be out for 2 weeks when PAXAUS comes. This is the longest of longshot guesses...but i would do unspeakable horrors for a smash pin...

If they announce a Smash Bros pin for Aus. I will create a raft using sea turtles and my back hair, float to Aus, illegally enter the country, sneak into PAX and acquire the pin through any means necessary.

• Options
    pureval wrote: »

If they announce a Smash Bros pin for Aus. I will create a raft using sea turtles and my back hair, float to Aus, illegally enter the country, sneak into PAX and acquire the pin through any means necessary.

This is EXACTLY what our Prime Minister Tony Abbott is referring to when he rants about STOPPING THE BOATS

8fuuo_RK.png
  • Options
    I feel it would be a lot easier to trade for it or just buy it on ebay, but I applaude your dedication.

• Options
    I feel it would be a lot easier to trade for it or just buy it on ebay, but I applaude your dedication.

I seriously doubt I have enough let to trade for a pin like that. As for ebay, apparently most of the world values the pins about $.50 more than I do, at least judging by my last dozen auctions.

• Options
    fishfishmonkeyhatfishfishmonkeyhat Freelance Pin Man Newcastle, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Well 50 cents isn't that much!

• Options
    Well 50 cents isn't that much!
    Its enough when the auction ends.

• Options
    Getting nintendo on board for dropping their iconic characters as pins would be huge. Likely will see a repeat of at least one of, if not both of the WoW pins based on release dates. Something to do with Dragon Age Inquisition would be pretty huge. Little Big Planet 3 drops at the end of Nov, so maybe something there. Scalebound could also put up a decent pin offering as well.

• Options
    DuckieDuckie Squirrel Squad Sydney, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    @Pureval Dude, I'll trade you for fodder if it actually becomes a thing, no need to resort to drastic measures :P

Pinny Pals Lanyard | I make things!!

[X]PAXsouth 2015
    [X]PAXaus 2015
    [?]PAXeast 2016 ???
  • Options
    gn0xgn0x Arizona, USARegistered User regular
    edited September 2014
    Getting nintendo on board for dropping their iconic characters as pins would be huge.
    I really wanted the next Pin-Ultimate Edition game to be Super Smash Bros... So many characters/pins... drool.
    Not that far fetched, considering Mike has done a Zelda project for Nintendo in the past...

gn0x on
  • Options
    gn0x wrote: »
    Getting nintendo on board for dropping their iconic characters as pins would be huge.
    I really wanted the next Pin-Ultimate Edition game to be Super Smash Bros... So many characters/pins... drool.
    Not that far fetched, considering Mike has done a Zelda project for Nintendo in the past...

Nintendo requesting him is way different than them presenting an offer to Nintendo. It is a very real possibility that it will happen, and I can't think of a single person who would be against it happening; I'm just saying it will likely be much more difficult than the average pin.

• Options
    FrostbyteFrostbyte Registered User regular
    I know that they have stated in the past that they wait for companies to approach them for such things. But I wish they would approach Nintendo about a SSB Pinultimate. It one of those cases where you know Nintendo isn't thinking about it, but if they were asked to do one, I think they would.

• Options
    Frostbyte wrote: »
    I know that they have stated in the past that they wait for companies to approach them for such things. But I wish they would approach Nintendo about a SSB Pinultimate. It one of those cases where you know Nintendo isn't thinking about it, but if they were asked to do one, I think they would.

Having spoken to PA staff about this a few times, it does tend to go both ways. Sometimes they are approached by 3rd parties, and sometimes it is the other way around. It often isn't as formal as you think. Because everybody more or less knows each other at least in passing, an idle conversation will divert into Pins. PA will suggest they think about doing some, or 3rd party will express an interest. From there they go back and run it past whoever is the decision maker. It's at that point you will have paperwork and formal talks.

If you really want Nintendo to make PA Pins for PAX, start with Jeff from PA (apologies in advance Jeff) since he has contacts there. On the Nintendo side, talk to the booth employees and tell them that you wish they had a PA Pin. The more people who mention it, the more likely they will think "maybe there is something in this" and take it to the decision maker.

• Options
    31 days to go! YAY!

Now where is our list of pins to hunt down! (Pray is not as big as Prime's list!)

• Options
    Hoping we get our list this week.

And yeah, really hope its not as big as Prime, 10 to 15 would be a good number, excluding pax exclusive set and staff pins of course

8fuuo_RK.png
  • Options
  • Options
    SHOW US THE PINS ALREADY, DADDY NEEDS HIS FIX!

Go buy one of the Nasty Dogs from Ebay then :p

• Options
    foehammerfoehammer procrastinator extraordinaire melbourneRegistered User regular
    we will also have 2 staff sets to finish off

• Options
    foehammer wrote: »

I wonder if we could argue for a '2 for 1' deal, since Aus hasnt had that chance to get the old set, maybe we could trade one and get both pins from each staff member?

8fuuo_RK.png
  • Options

I wonder if we could argue for a '2 for 1' deal, since Aus hasnt had that chance to get the old set, maybe we could trade one and get both pins from each staff member?

Theres a reason I ordered 4 sets of Lookouts prior to Aus ;)

Can only wish for a 2for1 deal tho I think that might rile up our American colleagues ;P

• Options

Theres a reason I ordered 4 sets of Lookouts prior to Aus ;)

Can only wish for a 2for1 deal tho I think that might rile up our American colleagues ;P

I'm GOING to Aus…and that would STILL rile me up a bit. haha.

This discussion has been closed.