As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[ArcheAge] Sate your inner criminal. Early Release! Ollo Server! West/Nuia Ho!

• Options
    RilkeRilke Balthazar bless my strength, teach my hands to war, and my fingers to fight. Registered User regular
    LET ME IN NAO!!! Was so happy that I got released from class at 11 today and then find out that i get to wait for 3 and a half hours while the servers are down...

• Options
    RilkeRilke Balthazar bless my strength, teach my hands to war, and my fingers to fight. Registered User regular
    Koreg wrote: »
    EU servers are up, waiting for NA to come up now!

Well, I'll probably be busy when they do get up then. Bummer. I'll have to get that 8x8 demo'd and rebuilt later then.

what is your character name?

• Options
    davidsdurionsdavidsdurions Your Trusty Meatshield Panhandle NebraskaRegistered User regular
    Rilke wrote: »
    Koreg wrote: »
    EU servers are up, waiting for NA to come up now!

Well, I'll probably be busy when they do get up then. Bummer. I'll have to get that 8x8 demo'd and rebuilt later then.

what is your character name?

Xixi. But the earliest I will be in is another hour or so.

• Options
    swphreakswphreak Registered User regular
    I haven't really played in the past day or so, which means I have labor I need to use before hitting the cap.

If you've got raw materials you don't want to use your labor on, send them my way (Skeithozai) and I'll send them back afterwards.

• Options
    ArthilArthil Registered User regular
    edited October 2014
    There's an 8x8 coming up in like 20 minutes right next to my big farm in Dewstone. Gogogogo.

Arthil on
    PSN: Honishimo Steam UPlay: Arthil
  • Options
    jkylefultonjkylefulton Squid...or Kid? NNID - majpellRegistered User regular
    Foomy wrote: »
    Jephery wrote: »
    Is trade cart fishing a thing?

Find road near a river that trade packers commonly use and harpoon them into the river. Its like, reverse fishing.

cart will pull the boat, so you can't move them at all.

Easier to just setup 2 farm carts of your own on a bridge on a well-used trade route and then either charge a fee to get by.

or camp a specialty crafting station and hope someone puts a pack into a cart without first setting the exclusion and then drive the cart away.

Carriage will push you through any sort of cart blockade.

tOkYVT2.jpg
  • Options
    SeñorAmorSeñorAmor !!! Registered User regular
    Who wants my stuff?

I quit.

• Options
    PS - I'm not quitting. I was just foolin'. I'm pissed, but not THAT pissed.

Thank you for your concern, however, @Arthil‌

:)

• Options
    Don't do that to me ;_;

• Options
    Arthil wrote: »
    Don't do that to me ;_;

*hug*

• Options
    davidsdurionsdavidsdurions Your Trusty Meatshield Panhandle NebraskaRegistered User regular
    Real life getting in my way of moving my 8x8. I am not amused.

• Options
    JagmasJagmas Registered User regular
    Has anyone gone for Hasla Weapons on the East side yet? Was wondering how hard it is to trek to it since its all the way in the back of their territory. East has it much easier coming West.

• Options
    DesmondPfeifferDesmondPfeiffer The secret diary of- Registered User regular
    Jagmas wrote: »
    Has anyone gone for Hasla Weapons on the East side yet? Was wondering how hard it is to trek to it since its all the way in the back of their territory. East has it much easier coming West.

I've been around the area a couple times, but haven't farmed it. There's usually a lot of people from both sides in the vicinity, just depends on when you hit it I think. I've heard the East side is pretty undermanned on Ollo compared to West in general, so you shouldn't have too hard of a time I wouldn't think.

I would just wait for a peace time and head over and scope it out. There's a worldgate in Karkasse that'll warp you right to the zone too if you are worried about treking across the other zones to get there.

• Options
    Man in the MistsMan in the Mists Registered User regular
    Another newbie question: I noticed that the teleport book has a tab for manually set locations. How do you set a location?

• Options
    JagmasJagmas Registered User regular

I would just wait for a peace time and head over and scope it out. There's a worldgate in Karkasse that'll warp you right to the zone too if you are worried about treking across the other zones to get there.

Awesome thanks for the info! Didn't know about the world gate.

• Options
    edited October 2014
    Another newbie question: I noticed that the teleport book has a tab for manually set locations. How do you set a location?

You can do so at a house, that you're allowed to interact with. Need a log to light the fireplace, and a memory ink to record it.

Arthil on
  • Options
    Arden CaneloArden Canelo Registered User regular
    It's too bad you can't have your house as your recall...or can you?

• Options
  • Options
    KoregKoreg Registered User regular
    Anyone able to get ahold of new property as they dropped like flies yesterday?

If, if Reagan played disco He'd shoot it to shit You can't disco in Jackboots
  • Options
    That_GuyThat_Guy I don't wanna be that guy Registered User regular
    There was some botter stealing it all last night. He ended up with, all the ones I was at.

• Options
    DraygoDraygo Registered User regular
    edited October 2014
    My friends and I managed to grab a 16x16 (and an 8x8 it was blocking) in solzreed and 4 8x8's in hills. If we can consolidate the farms around our solzreed property were going to have a spot for guildies to drop trade packs.

Draygo on
  • Options
    BloodycowBloodycow Registered User regular
    so I actually got into this yesterday, have an argent now at level 12. Leveling seems to go super quick. Is there anything I should be doing besides leveling and hitting iron nodes as I see them? Also, can I get a guild invite? My toons name is Gropli.

" I am a warrior, so that my son may be a merchant, so that his son may be a poet.”
    ― John Quincy Adams
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    I'll see if I can get you an invite @Bloodycow‌

You weren't online D:

Arthil on
  • Options
    override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    does anyone know if there are any containers that you can put on a farm?

I would love to have a box of farming supplies there

• Options
    swphreakswphreak Registered User regular
    So it seems I can't even log into Glyph anymore. Error 2024 and 2025.

• Options
    mojojoeomojojoeo A block off the park, living the dream.Registered User regular
    edited October 2014
    swphreak wrote: »
    So it seems I can't even log into Glyph anymore. Error 2024 and 2025.

sunday ddoss started with euros this week. its fine

GET HYPE ship customization is amazing!

http://archeage.xlgames.com/wikis/선박 개조

also...... i hit 20,ooo in weaponsmithing....

Im getting better at this,.,,,,,

payoff.jpg

mojojoeo on
    Chief Wiggum: "Ladies, please. All our founding fathers, astronauts, and World Series heroes have been either drunk or on cocaine."
  • Options
    @mojojoeo‌ I had to step away for a bit. I can make those hereafter stones still though. 50 stones or 50 packs of 3? Doesn't bother me either way, I'm just full of labor and hate to see it go to waste.

Anyone else need any low level production? Send requests/mats/money to Xixi.

• Options
    jkylefultonjkylefulton Squid...or Kid? NNID - majpellRegistered User regular
    Interesting gilda math:

http://www.reddit.com/r/archeage/comments/2icv2x/gilda_math/
    Below is what I've deduced the formulas to be for determining how many Gilda you are awarded as the crafter (20%) and the seller (80%) of trade packs. Please discuss and confirm, deny, or fine tune this based on your experience and knowledge of the trade mechanics. The following is from the perspective of players on the Western continent. I assume the same is true for the Eastern continent, though port names would of course be different.
    I did series of trade runs with a friend from Two Crowns to Ynystere. On these trade runs, I crafted both trade packs. I sold one myself, and my friend sold the other. Both I and my friend always received 2 Gilda for the trade. Additionally, as the crafter of my friend's trade pack, I sometimes also received a 1 Gilda bonus. But other times I did not. Now I think I know why. It seems to be based on a formula that goes like this:
    Seller: ROUND(GX0.8) Crafter: ROUND(GX0.2) * G is the number of Gilda awarded by the port (Freedich=4, Ynystere=2, Austera=1) * X is the exchange rate. It can be anywhere from 70% to 130% depending on demand (ROUND behaves the same as you learned in school... 1.5 rounds up to 2, and 1.49 rounds down to 1)
    The profit from the trade is divided up. Seller gets 80% and crafter gets 20%. So, for example...
    Ynystere (2 Gilda) at high demand (130% trade in value): Seller: 2 Gilda X 130% demand X 80% cut = 2.08 Gilda = 2 Gilda (rounded) Crafter: 2 Gilda X 130% demand X 20% cut = 0.52 Gilda = 1 Gilda (rounded)
    Ynystere (2 Gilda) at medium demand (100% trade in value): Seller: 2 Gilda X 100% demand X 80% cut = 1.6 Gilda = 2 Gilda (rounded) Crafter: 2 Gilda X 100% demand X 20% cut = 0.4 Gilda = 0 Gilda (rounded)
    Using this info, we know two things now: 1) When trading at a 1 Gilda port, the crafter will never earn any Gilda regardless of the demand. 2) When trading at a 2 Gilda port, the crafter will earn 1 Gilda only if the demand is high.
    I have yet to see if (and how) a region's peace/war status affects this math. I suspect it doesn't.
    In short, when playing in a team, you will maximize your earnings by never trading in your own trade pack. Give it to a team mate and you (your team) may get an extra 1 Gilda per trade.

tOkYVT2.jpg
  • Options
    The question is... does it do this if an enemy turns the pack in?

• Options
    i had a 1 gilda star return when my first pack run into freedich failed

• Options
    the character restrictions are really damn stupid in this game

I can't make an alt because creation is restricted on the same faction as my main

this serves no purpose

• Options
    edited October 2014
    btw if anyone wants chicken coops, just mail me 1.34g and I'll mail you one back (thats the mat price)

alternatively, send 10 bamboo and 5 chicks

override367 on
  • Options
    the character restrictions are really damn stupid in this game

I can't make an alt because creation is restricted on the same faction as my main

this serves no purpose

It makes sense in a general sense, because West side is stacked on Ollo. It really shouldn't apply to alts though, but I guess they don't differentiate. I'm sure they could have a way if they wanted to though.

• Options
    acidlacedpenguinacidlacedpenguin Institutionalized Safe in jail.Registered User regular
    you could make some things really trivial if you had chars on the east and west.

GT: Acidboogie PSNid: AcidLacedPenguiN
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    Alright, Galleon by thursday! I have a question for the people who messed around with the crest brainstorm, do I have to get another brainstorm if i want to change my crest or can i just change the picture in the ucc?

In any case, I am thinking of christening the ship the Fleshreaper, we would replace the merchwater with fleshreaper on my crest.

Also, last chance to switch from Eznan Cutter to Lutesong Junk!

Rilke on
  • Options
    I've hit 36k in metalworking now, but I'm not really working on it as much since I can't actually feasibly craft anything above roughly level 44 for the foreseeable future. Still my primary goal in the game though, and where most of my labor goes. I just haven't been popping worker's comps and such to speed it up lately.

• Options
    you could make some things really trivial if you had chars on the east and west.

running trade packs to the other continent?

• Options
    craft pack in gwenowid, run to obscure back-of-the-woods farm in solis, run from solis into Austera with alt

• Options
    KoregKoreg Registered User regular
    It could be pretty profitable. Charcoal stabs run between 77-99 silver and you can get like 19 or so with one run.

If, if Reagan played disco He'd shoot it to shit You can't disco in Jackboots
This discussion has been closed.