As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

PAX Aus 2014 Post Pax Party - Discussion

PsykarPsykar ProgrammerMelbourne, AustraliaRegistered User regular
edited August 2014 in PAX Australia
So, last year's Post Pax Party had only one negative, not enough peeps! (And no @Danacyrus after all her hard effort organising it =( )
@Tokyodove and @Feralmaster also helped out a lot from what I recall.

Thought it might be time to start thinking about PPP2014!

This would be happening on the Sunday night - November 2nd

To start things off:
Venue: Did we want to move? I actually thought the location was decent, and it will be even closer to PAX itself this year, I don't see big reason to move it - despite King St

Promotion: These forums don't get a lot of traffic for PAX Aus - and even less so this year (I myself am equally guilty) - Facebook does appear to be where most of the traffic is - but is there anywhere else this should get posted to?
Guests / Music: Thoughts / suggestions? Last year was great in that respect IMO.

Any other thoughts / ramblings, go ahead =)

3 months!

(One final note - this is, of course, an *UNOFFICIAL* party)

Psykar on

• BekerBeker Child's Play Program Director SeattleRegistered User, Penny Arcade Staff regular
    I had a lot of fun last year. Was nice chatting with people. Venue certainly worked. Hope to be there again after things get cleaned up after the show.

-Beker/Erick
    zx6ak2M.png
  • ninnanuamninnanuam Registered User regular
    I'm up for another party. But I'm a little worried this year is a bit muted.
    It's only two and a bit months off but there doesn't seem to be much hype this year.

Or is all the planning somewhere else?

• PsykarPsykar Programmer Melbourne, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited August 2014
    That's what I wonder - there is definite hype amongst the enforcers, and the facebook group gets a lot of activity.
    I had a discussion with Skadis from Beta Beta Bar (old mana bar) who have apparently got a venue for the 3 days around PAX, with a 24 hour license which looks like we could potentially do something with them.

But unless there's some interest here (or somewhere...) it might just be ran by them.

Psykar on
  • YugYug [ PAX Australia ] Content & Communications Manager AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Patience, patience ... the parties will come, and the announcements on the way will be massive :)

I like drinking, I like gaming, so I created the Mana Bar
    paxaus_sig.gif
    Facebook.com/PAXAus
    Twitter.com/PAXAus

I can be patient. Especially if things are worth the wait.

I just hope reading the board keeps me in the loop is all, as I don't really use facebook.

• GeroGero Registered User regular
    Can not wait, Went to the one at Fed Square last year, was awesome meeting everyone.

edited August 2014
    Interesting things are afoot.
    Shhhh.

Psykar on
    BetaBar has their opening event / after party on EVERY NIGHT of PAX

https://www.facebook.com/events/771960006202299/
    www.betabarpax.eventbrite.com.au

Get on it!

• FitzchivalryFitzchivalry PAXAUS Cookie Brigade Coordinator Orrstrahleeeeah mate!Registered User regular
    Its no good Cap'n, my liver canna only hold together for so many drinkin' sessions inna row!

I bought a ticket for each day. 15 bucks/multiple days is a good way to do this.

Its cheap enough that if something comes up or is announced that I'd prefer to go to on one of the nights I won't feel so bad if I blow it off because its only the price of a decent drink and there will still be a chance to go on another night.

• FitzchivalryFitzchivalry PAXAUS Cookie Brigade Coordinator Orrstrahleeeeah mate!Registered User regular
    Eh I've grabbed a ticket for Friday. Thats when all the cool kids will go.

• feralmasterferalmaster melbourneRegistered User regular
    @psykar I am up for alcohol and chiptunes again. ;)

We had a pre pax meetup /pub crawl last year that started at fed square. That was kinda cool. It should be done again, I have a 4 day leave pass from my family...

posted by a carbon flavoured beer based life form
  • KevralynKevralyn Registered User regular
    I turned up to this party last year and found it uncomfortably loud. Having some (even limited) amount of games available was pretty cool though.

More people might be nice, but we fit the venue pretty well so if you want more people, recommend more space.

Dominic
    sig.gif
  • MC ChelaMC Chela Registered User new member
    Sooooo, what would have to do to get the ever awesome Random aka MegaRan out to Australia for the afterparties??? Anyone??

Psykar wrote: »
    So, last year's Post Pax Party had only one negative, not enough peeps! (And no @Danacyrus after all her hard effort organising it =( )
    @Tokyodove and @Feralmaster also helped out a lot from what I recall.

Thought it might be time to start thinking about PPP2014!

This would be happening on the Sunday night - November 2nd

To start things off:
    Venue: Did we want to move? I actually thought the location was decent, and it will be even closer to PAX itself this year, I don't see big reason to move it - despite King St

Promotion: These forums don't get a lot of traffic for PAX Aus - and even less so this year (I myself am equally guilty) - Facebook does appear to be where most of the traffic is - but is there anywhere else this should get posted to?
    Guests / Music: Thoughts / suggestions? Last year was great in that respect IMO.

Any other thoughts / ramblings, go ahead =)

3 months!

(One final note - this is, of course, an *UNOFFICIAL* party)

If it wasn't obvious, I'm leaving things with BetaBar instead of trying to organise something else - Skaidris and Bonnie are awesome, I highly recommend checking it out.
    Kevralyn wrote: »
    I turned up to this party last year and found it uncomfortably loud. Having some (even limited) amount of games available was pretty cool though.

More people might be nice, but we fit the venue pretty well so if you want more people, recommend more space.
    I agree somewhat.
    The Beta Bar one is at a different, MUCH LARGER venue. ofc no idea how loud it's going to be at this stage...

• feralmasterferalmaster melbourneRegistered User regular
    Got my ticket for Betabar on the Friday... ;)

I'd suggest that tickets are getting pretty low..

From their site dated September the 19th:

Tickets for Day 1 of our Launch / PAX Aus After Party are now 75% sold out!
    Tickets for Day 2 are 75% sold out &
    Tickets for Day 3 are 50% sold out!

posted by a carbon flavoured beer based life form
  • tokyodovetokyodove Perth, WARegistered User regular
    unfortunately i wont be able to make it this year (uni exams). i would have loved to help organise the PPP again, last year was a blast. i would say definitely try to keep the same venue, the bar manager at geddes lounge was a dead set legend and kept things smooth all night.

• PixelsPixels Sydney AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Beta bar fri and sat pre sale tix now sold out. I got mine, I hope you guys got yours in time :D

• FuzzyPredatorFuzzyPredator MelbourneRegistered User regular
    I might do a catchup before PAX if people are still up for it?