As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Diablo 3 - Patch 2.1 right now! Great Rifts! Gems! Seasons now!

• Options
    BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    I guess its easier to load up on toughness and just perma bbv/horrify at the back

• Options
    Big Red TieBig Red Tie beautiful clydesdale style feet too hot to trotRegistered User regular
    edited September 2014
    didnt they mostly just increase pet health? it's not really a solution to scaling difficulty unfortunately

Big Red Tie on
    3926 4292 8829
    Beasteh wrote: »
    *おなら*
  • Options
    Inquisitor77Inquisitor77 2 x Penny Arcade Fight Club Champion A fixed point in space and timeRegistered User regular
    didnt they mostly just increase pet health? it's not really a solution to scaling difficulty unfortunately

They also changed how some elite affixes do damage (or don't) to pets. Not including the overall changes to stuff like Electrified.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/14278978346?page=2#24

• Options
    Panda4YouPanda4You Registered User regular
    edited September 2014
    I guess its easier to load up on toughness and just perma bbv/horrify at the back
    I dunno how feasible pet WD really is on "higher" grifts though. I'm on 1.5 mil dps, and with (more or less) perma-BoP and BBV that makes 2.6 mil dps... x2.5 thanks to Jeram and T&T.
    And grift 35 is still like hitting a goddamn brick wall. Can't even down white mobs quicker than the timer keeps slipping out under me.

Panda4You on
  • Options
    pet docs have to deal with their pets actually dying whereas dhs can just plop down sentries and smokescreen forever

• Options
    WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    I actually use the M6 have all of your pets at once ability

along with +52% lightning damage meti-bolts lightning turrets

• Options
    Big Red TieBig Red Tie beautiful clydesdale style feet too hot to trotRegistered User regular
    still don't have a good helltrapper
    solo farming a5 bounties is mind numbingly boring

3926 4292 8829
    *おなら*
  • Options
    i had a clan member open 12 caches from a day of act 5 bounty farming the other day

not one single helltrapper

he was furious

• Options
    Inquisitor77Inquisitor77 2 x Penny Arcade Fight Club Champion A fixed point in space and timeRegistered User regular
    i had a clan member open 12 caches from a day of act 5 bounty farming the other day

not one single helltrapper

he was furious

Meh, there are 5 legendaries in the Act 5 cache pool. 12 caches is a good number, but not enough to get upset over.

• Options
    funny how everyone is "discovering" metic m6 now that someone did gr 45 with it

I was here first!

3926 4292 8829
    *おなら*
  • Options

I was here first!

I've been using some variant of the MB+EA build basically since 2.1 came out. The quiver dropped for me in the first few days, and I really haven't stashed it since.

The best part about the build when you use it with a Helltrapper is that you aren't just standing around with your thumb up your ass.

The hilarious part is that, just like with melee wizards, the build introduces a basic mechanic that should actually be used for true melee classes.

• Options
    WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular

I was here first!

I never heard about it from anywhere I just got the quiver and started gearing for it. Then I found out that it's a thing.

• Options
    you were doing it before the people in referring to

3926 4292 8829
    *おなら*
  • Options
    NWKNWK Registered User regular
    Spent this morning farming for keys to make Hellfire amulets. This is the result.

pwsSiEU.jpg

Steam GW2: Silas.5762
  • Options
    NWK wrote: »
    Spent this morning farming for keys to make Hellfire amulets. This is the result.

pwsSiEU.jpg

Best amulets, or best amulets?

• Options
    NWKNWK Registered User regular
    HAHAHAHAHA no. indeed

Steam GW2: Silas.5762
  • Options
    RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    Crusader damage still seems really low without the right items.

So I have instead decided to spec for Horse stunlock.

Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
  • Options
    playing crusader a t6 rift takes like 15 mins to clear

playing m6 demon hunter it takes maybe 5

fucking ridiculous

• Options
    drp527drp527 We sacrifice our own That more may rise in their placeRegistered User regular
    horse stunlock crusader is a lot of fun and I'm at the point where I have it dealing comparable damage to other high-end crusader builds

on top of being ranged and stuntastic

it's a good build (until you run into waller or a stage with narrow walls/doorways/holes on the ground and your horses can't do anything)

a1o1MZu.jpg
    Pokemon White FC: 2623 5026 2422 SS: 2150 9795 3738 Black: 4212 6128 9776
    Black2: 1593 2528 7190 3DS:0216-0910-3881 LoL:drp527
  • Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    my t6 rift clear is under 4 minutes now

• Options
    ColumnColumn Registered User regular
    Radius wrote: »
    Crusader damage still seems really low without the right items.

So I have instead decided to spec for Horse stunlock.
    On the one hand it kind of is, but on the other, it;s no worse than any other class given how set dependent the game is, and if anything, easier than most of the other classes to get rolling since you have three weapon/shield combos to work with once you get fives pieces of Akkhan + RoRG or six pieces without the RoRG. RNG gonna RNG but that's not unique to the Crusader items and we don't have anything with an abysmal droprate that's worth using like SMK or Woh.

-For pure speed the best option is still locked behind seasons, Frydehr's Wrath, plus a Blade of Prophecy. You never have to stop moving to cast condemn so using miri alone lets you get easy ten minute clears when picking up everything. Condemn will proc the miri smite constantly, especially with a BoP since you're getting at least two bubble on a single target like the guardian. Up to three if you hit two targets with the initial bubble. Start optimizing it with rank 25 wreathe (movement speed bonus when wreathe procs, condemn procs it practically every cast), rank 25 hoarder (movement speed when picking up gold, rank 25 is like ~75% or something chance of gold explosion) + avarice band (the more gold you pick up the larger your pick up radius, can easily get to the entire screen with hoarder) and ignoring items on the ground unless they absolutely must be picked up and five minute or less clears become very, very easy on T6. You can even put in the Wings of Angels rune for the bonus speed to hit some asinine number like 200% movement speed for fun too.

-Possibly a little faster if you have to pick everything up would be bowmen. Union, or whatever ring that got the new affix, that doubles bowmen cast time, Heart of Slaughter (bonus physical %, the bowmen benefit from this), +Phalanx damage % on helm and boots, Unrelenting Phalanx shield (doubles the number of bowmen, so eight instead of four plinking away now), Tasker and Theo (faster firing rate for the bowmen), and Harrington's. Since the bowmen get your stats snapped onto them, the more attack speed you have and the more damage you have when you summon them the better the minions. So you run around letting the bowmen kill everything while you go pop tiles, chests, whatever you make sure you have the harrington's popped when you summon them. You really only need the Harrington and Unrelenting Phalanx to pull it off, but the more items you get on that list the easier it is to focus on picking items up and letting the bowmen do everything else. It's pretty easy to get them doing 15-20+mil a crit thanks to the harringtons, and with how fast you can get the minions shooting, that damage adds up quick even in groups where they don't focus fire like a guardian.

-Ponies aren't too bad to spam, since you make up the time lost standing still on minions with more damage to the guardian, but it's noticeably slower than condemn, especially if you're barely picking anything up with condemn. Unrelenting Phalanx and Furnace are your goal, but Furnace's drop rate is garbage so it can be a bitch you get one. I've yet to see one and I've been playing this stupid game since release an ungodly amount of hours. Heart Slaughter or Baleful Remnant are probably the best substitutes, Heart for more physical and faster guardian kills, Baleful will let you clear minions faster assuming you're running Akkhan six piece. And you really should since Roland's is garbage.

-Fate of the Fell + Hellskull is a still a strong combo, just slower than the others and a little less damage, so the shotgun loses some luster from prior patches.

-You can still run things like Roland's for shield bash or swipe, or Jekhanboard for shield throw to get your Rogers on. Roland's you lose out on having Champion up 100% of the time, which isn't as important for rifting, but suicide for 30+ grifts or hardcore. Jek is fun but still has terrible single target DPS so even if you're melting packs of enemies you're going to spend five minutes plinking away at the rift guardian if that's your best option.

-There's always hammers. They cost nothing with Champ up, so six piece Akkhan means infinite wrath for them. Pick your element, run a schaeffer's, maximus, thunder fury, whatever, keep chucking and make use of your other abilities. Lower but faster numbers let you do T6 at an acceptable pace until you get something better like condemn, bowmen, better pony gear, whatever.

• Options
    RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    playing crusader a t6 rift takes like 15 mins to clear

playing m6 demon hunter it takes maybe 5

fucking ridiculous

Well, but I played during vanilla, I'm used to Demon Hunter being miles and miles ahead of everyone else.

Thanks for the advice, Column.

Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
  • Options
    sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    Do people like the Quiver that lets you throw down extra Sentries for a super-fast Sentry build?

I've got like a shit-tacular Tasker and Theos I can use and the shoulders from the Pet Set, so I'm on my way. My Quiver is like, Perfectly rolled, except for a socket.

• Options
    rucksack is easily one of the best quivers in the game

the other really strong one is meticulous bolts

3926 4292 8829
    *おなら*
  • Options
    sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    edited October 2014
    That is exciting news.

Edit: Also found a new pair of halfway decent fart pants (Pox Faulds).

Looking forward to giving that it to my Monk after the Season is over.

sarukun on
  • Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    I finished m6 and got a rucksack the other day

I'm debating if I want to go the way of madness and gamble for a T&T

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    never stop gambling for some taskers

I have yet to spend a blood shard on anything but gloves

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    maybe after I finish gearing my monk and barb

• Options
    SmrtnikSmrtnik job boli zub Registered User regular
    Does t&t have any effect when running Carnievel?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    Smrtnik wrote: »
    Does t&t have any effect when running Carnievel?

Nope! The pets attack speed is tied to your own Attacks Per Second.

• Options
    el_vicioel_vicio Registered User regular
    sarukun wrote: »
    That is exciting news.

How exactly is the item transfer going to work? Both my stashes are pretty full...

ouxsemmi8rm9.png

• Options
    SmrtnikSmrtnik job boli zub Registered User regular
    el_vicio wrote: »
    sarukun wrote: »
    That is exciting news.

How exactly is the item transfer going to work? Both my stashes are pretty full...

Shows up as mail, like ce items.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Ah okay, that makes sense. There's no date yet though, is there?

ouxsemmi8rm9.png

• Options
    FoolOnTheHillFoolOnTheHill PhiladelphiaRegistered User regular
    el_vicio wrote: »
    Ah okay, that makes sense. There's no date yet though, is there?

No not yet. They've previously said they want seasons to be short, on the order of a few months, but no official end date has been set yet. I'm hoping against hope that part of the delay between seasons is being used to fix some of the issues that popped up during season one (all of the exploiting straight to lvl 70, the trials system), but I don't really have a ton of faith that everything will be fixed for season 2.

• Options
    Cool. I have yet to see one of the season-exclusive legendaries!

ouxsemmi8rm9.png

• Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    So do new seasons mean a steady stream of new items added? Because that's kind of exciting.

• Options
    ColumnColumn Registered User regular
    Brolo wrote: »
    So do new seasons mean a steady stream of new items added? Because that's kind of exciting.
    According to things they've said in the past yes. I don't think I've ever seen the blue post since it came up but people constantly parrot in some interview or somewhere on the forums Blizz said part of the reason this season was as sparse on seasonal content as it was was due to them adding new affixes to old non-affixed items.

On the one hand they don't need to add much to have more seasonal content than this season, on the other like I've said before if the above was true, they seemed ill equipped to add much more content than we saw this season.

• Options
    They should add items every season, but they shouldn't only be seasonal only (like how they added Roland's). They really gotta fix the "classes don't use X spec" issue through itemization.

• Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    New items being season only at first is one of the incentives to play season so they probably won't drop that, but hopefully they're gonna add more non season stuff too and also keep making all the old useless legendary things actually do fun stuff

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    SniperLogicSniperLogic ChicagoRegistered User regular
    Does anyone know how Awareness and the 2-set bonus of The Shadow's Mantle interact? Can you essentially die, live, die, and live again?

Working on Marauder but only have two pieces (and now two pieces of Shadow and Blackthorne).

Steam/PSN: StandrdDeviation
    BNet: StandrdError#1826