As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[PA Comic] Monday, October 6, 2014 - Squarts

DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
edited October 2014 in The Penny Arcade Hub
Unknown User on

• ReplicanttenReplicantten Registered User regular
    I don't believe in destiny.

• AegeriAegeri Tiny wee bacteriums Plateau of LengRegistered User regular
    The Roleplayer's Guild: My blog for roleplaying games, advice and adventuring.
  • Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular
    What the fuck is a skort?

Add me on Switch: 7795-5541-4699
  • IndoorsmanIndoorsman Registered User regular
    shorts with a panel of fabric over the front.

• noxumbranoxumbra Registered User regular
    Dem Jorts!

• LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    I'm barely playing Destiny anymore. I only got to level 10, but the game isn't very interesting. Every mission boils down to the same thing -- get to a location and defend Ghost while he does something.

• OddfishOddfish On opposite weeks In odd numbered monthsRegistered User regular
    Well, the fact of the matter is people love loot grinding.

• KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    I don't believe in destiny.

What about density

Love the expressions again. Panel 3 Tycho is all "I have seen this before; just gotta wait for him to tire himself out."

• GanluanGanluan Registered User regular
    Destiny is pretty fun you guys.

• GaddezGaddez Registered User regular
    It's like they distilled the worst parts of halo, WoW LotRo and Borderlands.

• Talyn RahlTalyn Rahl Registered User regular
    Oh god... Until this day I didn't know there was such a thing as Jorts... It was a happier, simpler time.

I wish I could go back.

• CandymancerCandymancer Registered User regular
    My 15 year old self from years ago is saddened to see that skorts are called skorts and that I wasn't incredibly clever for calling them that when I first saw one.

• calamityjamiecalamityjamie Corgi Wrangler Seattle, WARegistered User staff
    Ahem. A skort is a skirt, and shorts, AS ONE.

• dardordardor Redmond, WARegistered User regular
    I'm still playing Destiny for 4+ hours every night. Please help.

I'll take a potato chip and eat it!
  • DisrupterDisrupter Registered User regular
    Gaddez wrote: »
    It's like they distilled the BEST parts of halo, WoW LotRo and Borderlands.

616610-1.png
  • SwashbucklerXXSwashbucklerXX Swashbucklin' Canuck Registered User regular
    Skorts are attractive and practical! Hunters are obviously OP.

Want to find me on a gaming service? I'm SwashbucklerXX everywhere.
  • FiendishrabbitFiendishrabbit Registered User regular
    Did anyone else hear "Bee Gees- Staying Alive" when they saw the middle image?

"Well, you can tell by the way I use my walk,
    I'm a woman's man, no time to talk."

"The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
    -Antje Jackelén, Archbishop of the Church of Sweden
  • Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User regular
    Did anyone else hear "Bee Gees- Staying Alive" when they saw the middle image?

"Well, you can tell by the way I use my walk,
    I'm a woman's man, no time to talk."
    I was thinking more along the lines of SNL's "Cool Guys Don't Look at Explosions"

http://youtu.be/Sqz5dbs5zmo

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    Is cami actually a word, or just a terrible spelling of the word chamois?

What is this I don't even.
  • FiendishrabbitFiendishrabbit Registered User regular
    Darkewolfe wrote: »
    Is cami actually a word, or just a terrible spelling of the word chamois?

It's slang, but it's short for Camisole.

"The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
    -Antje Jackelén, Archbishop of the Church of Sweden
  • Zoku GojiraZoku Gojira Monster IslandRegistered User regular
    Working toward unlocking the neckbeard and utili-kilt for my Warlock at the moment.

"Because things are the way they are, things will not stay the way they are." - Bertolt Brecht
  • Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    A worthy goal, as Peter Dinklage would tell you, disinterestedly.

• Nobody501Nobody501 Registered User new member
    After looking at my stats, I have come to a conclusion. I have killed tens of thousands of fallen, mostly dreg, and thousands of all the other aliens. In the corner of the cosmodrone, with all the downed airplanes, there is a vandal, 2 dreg, and a shank that respawns every few minutes. They look almost like a family out walking their dog. And spawn after spawn, I gun them down. And for what? In order to get money and to get weapon improvements and boosts. For that I kill them. I have slaughtered the Fallen, killed the Vex's god, invaded the homes of the Hive, and slaughtered the Cabal refugees that are fleeing... well, we don't even know what they're fleeing. Conclusion: I am the darkness. And I want to take that fallen ketch and ram it into the Traveler and end it's reign of terror. It is the only way I can redeem myself. Make it so Mr. Spock.

• Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User regular
    Yeah. Speculation is rampant that the actual backstory is that the Guardians, the characters that the players play, are the actual badguys in this story, not the various "others" that they hunt. From the evidence seen in the Lore and in the actions that we, the players, take in the game, it's not hard to see it that way.

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • wizowizo Registered User new member
    If you want to see why people keep playing destiny despite its many flaws, watch this. It helps tell you why people say destiny isn't a great game, and keep playing it.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c3BhSb2fsto

• FiarynFiaryn Omnicidal Madman Registered User regular
    edited October 2014
    If you like Halo, you will enjoy this game. Because it's Halo with RPG elements. The shooting is self justifying, if you enjoy Halo style gameplay. The loot is a bonus and facilitator of the former, as opposed to an end goal in and of itself as is typically the case in MMOs.

You either do or do not find the above appealing, there is no great mystery to Destiny.

(Also the lore in the Grimoire is very Dark Souls so that's cool.)

Fiaryn on
    Soul Silver FC: 1935 3141 6240
    White FC: 0819 3350 1787
  • RichardWolfRichardWolf Registered User regular
    So, I don't need to feel bad about not having a way to play Destiny?

BTW, am I the only one who keeps thinking of Hank Venture "entering Destiny" when hearing about this game?

• fortyforty Registered User regular
    edited October 2014
    I think a PC version is coming out eventually (next year I would guess), so you'll probably be able to play it then if you have any desire to.

forty on