As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Previews O' Plenty

• ScooterScooter Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    As long as Blink and Morph stick around somehow it's all cool with me.

Scooter on
  • The Muffin ManThe Muffin Man Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    wwtMask wrote: »
    Hey dudes, here's an interview with Peter David about She-Hulk, complete with some pretty pictures: http://forum.newsarama.com/showthread.php?t=130818
    Despite her name, I think it would be a mistake to play her as the Hulk with breasts

I wanna fuck Peter David right now.

The Muffin Man on
  • Bad KarmaBad Karma Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Another big ol' batch of previews for this weeks releases...

This time we have...

Countdown Presents the Search for Ray Palmer: Crime Syndicate #1, Tales of the Sinestro Corps Presents: Cyborg Superman #1, Green Lantern Corps #16, Detective Comics #837, Action Comics #856, and Jonah Hex #24

Bad Karma on
    Xbox Live: Ornery Rooster
    PSN: OrneryRooster
  • Chrono PaladinChrono Paladin Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    That little girl in Action Comics looks like an old man.

Chrono Paladin on
  • deadonthestreetdeadonthestreet Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    COUNTDOWN PRESENTS THE SEARCH FOR RAY PALMER: CRIME SYNDICATE #1

Have we been over this yet? Because my god, that title.

deadonthestreet on
  • Mr PinkMr Pink I got cats for youRegistered User regular
    edited October 2007
    I don't care because that book looks so awesome.

Mr Pink on
  • Unco-ordinatedUnco-ordinated NZRegistered User regular
    edited October 2007
    I'm pretty sure it's the Crime Society not Syndicate. Or do DC not know the difference either?

Unco-ordinated on
    Steam ID - LiquidSolid170 | PSN ID - LiquidSolid
    edited October 2007
    I'm pretty sure it's the Crime Society not Syndicate. Or do DC not know the difference either?

I believe it's just solicited as Syndicate, though the actual cover will say Society, a la the Anti Monitor Special.

Bad Karma on
  • FuruFuru Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Hahaha, Jack Ryder is the Jokester.

Furu on
    edited October 2007
    COUNTDOWN PRESENTS THE SEARCH FOR RAY PALMER: CRIME SYNDICATE #1

Have we been over this yet? Because my god, that title.

DC COMICS PRESENTS COUNTDOWN PRESENTS THE SEARCH FOR RAY PALMER: CRIME SYNDICATE #1 VARIANT COVER TURBO 2: THE SHRINKING

The Muffin Man on
  • Mr PinkMr Pink I got cats for youRegistered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Can I get that in foil?

Mr Pink on
  • FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    edited October 2007
    So according to the preview, Spider-man is mostly angsting about May because it was "his fault" that May was shot.

Fencingsax on
  • DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Fencingsax wrote: »
    So according to the preview, Spider-man is mostly angsting about May because it was "his fault" that May was shot.

Well to be fair, everything is Spider-Man's fault.

DarkPrimus on
  • Bloods EndBloods End Blade of Tyshalle Punch dimensionRegistered User regular
    edited October 2007
    It's captain americas fault.

He didn't check his myspace.

Bloods End on
    edited October 2007
    Preview of Captain Carrot and the Final Ark #1 is up!

Based on those five pages alone I can safely say that we need a new ongoing. So buy a few copies of each issue.

"Quail Simone." Ha!

Bad Karma on
  • MunchMunch Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Every now and then I think to myself, "Munch, are you too bitter about comics? About the hobby you love so much? Or are there people out there worse than yourself?" Now I have my answer.
    This is so unrealistic with Krypto's characterization laughable. Krypto has been established in Action Comics as an intelligent dog, not some anthropomorphic creature with an opposable thumb! Where were the editors? Asleep at the switch as always. It seems the only time they're only awake is when they're killing off heroes and putting in their substandard minority characters instead.

Captain Carrot and the Final Ark is just another fine example of Didio pushing forward the travesty that is Countdown, its simply amazing they didn't call it Countdown to Turdcity. The only question left now is whether or not DC will wake up and fire Didio before they have Wonder Woman kill Superman and Batman after they both gang rape her. Sadly all indications point to no.

I can't even tell if it's sarcasm, but God I hope not.

Munch on
  • FuruFuru Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    TURDCITY

Furu on
    edited October 2007
    I gave up on Newsarama comments a long time ago. That post is an example of why. Though it's obviously sarcasm.

Bad Karma on
  • The Lovely BastardThe Lovely Bastard Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Bad Karma wrote: »
    I gave up on Newsarama comments a long time ago. That post is an example of why. Though it's obviously sarcasm.

are you sure?

I mean, it is a Newsarama comment.

The Lovely Bastard on
    7656367.jpg
  • Sars_BoySars_Boy Rest, You Are The Lightning. Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    With some of the stuff I've seen on Newsarama, I wouldn't be so sure...

Sars_Boy on
    edited October 2007
    It's probably one of Munch's alternate accounts anyways.

Bad Karma on
  • Sars_BoySars_Boy Rest, You Are The Lightning. Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    It's probably one of Munch's alternate accounts anyways.
    :roll:

Sars_Boy on
    edited October 2007
    :lol:

Bad Karma on
    edited October 2007
    There was also a preview of Superman #668 from a few days ago up at Newsarama, which starts the "Third Kryptonian" arc written by Busiek.

"She", assuming the svelt figure on one of the later covers is a girl can supposedly be seen in an issue of Action Comics from a few months ago (one of Busieks fill ins)

Bad Karma on
  • Caveman PawsCaveman Paws Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Man, if I was eight years old and had the powers of Superman I would have killed Robin for using me like a vaulting horse like that.

If I can't vault well then no one shall! *Eye beams* *Eye beams*

Caveman Paws on
  • NogsNogs Crap, crap, mega crap. Crap, crap, mega crap.Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    There was also a preview of Superman #668 from a few days ago up at Newsarama, which starts the "Third Kryptonian" arc written by Busiek.

"She", assuming the svelt figure on one of the later covers is a girl can supposedly be seen in an issue of Action Comics from a few months ago (one of Busieks fill ins)

Yes sir, observing her now

Nogs on
    rotate.jpg
    PARKER, YOU'RE FIRED! <-- My comic book podcast! Satan look here!
  • devoirdevoir Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    When Robin's in the background with his hand on Christopher's back, someone muffed up his shoulders.

devoir on
  • AlgertmanAlgertman Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    My god, those new DC previews are great. Sinestro Corps really is the greatest crossover ever.

Algertman on
  • wwtMaskwwtMask Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Since this is the closest thing to a news thread we have, I present some interesting bits from a Bendis interview, courtesy of Newsarama:
    On Ultimate Origin being re-scheduled...

Bendis and artist Butch Guice have three issues completed, but some tie-in stories written by Jeph Loeb won't be ready till next year. Plus they didn't want the Ultimate Universe storyline to conflict with Bendis' Secret Invasion miniseries, so Ultimate Origin is getting pushed back until the end of summer 2008.

On the Avengers/Secret Invasion/Illuminati books…

When artist Frank Cho finishes his Mighty Avengers arc he will move to the Mighty Avengers Annual featuring an all female Avengers team facing a group of female villains. Mark Bagley then replaces Cho on the series, and he's already finished drawing his arc. After issues #6 and #7 of Mighty Avengers comes out, Illuminati #5 will be released.

New Avengers #38 will be a very special issue focusing on Jessica Jones and Luke Cage drawn by Alias co-creator Michael Gaydos. "I don't want to spoil the story but it's called ‘The Break-Up.’"

On Secret Invasion...

There are clues to who is a Skrull in some of the thought balloons in Mighty Avengers, so it will be fun to see who can figure out who the Skrulls are, by re-reading those issues."

On Ultimate Spider-Man

"I got permission to Ultimatize a few villains from the 1967 Ralph Bashki Spidey animated series that have never appeared in any Marvel Comics. "I was surprised that there didn't have to be any legal wrangling to recreate these villains."

In fear of the pending 2008 Hollywood writers/directors strikes, the studios are rushing to production with any potential films in the development pipeline. Apparently, this has resulted in some upcoming good news for Bendis.

"Uh yes... in about three weeks, I should have some announcements."

wwtMask on
    When he dies, I hope they write "Worst Affirmative Action Hire, EVER" on his grave. His corpse should be trolled.
    Twitter - @liberaltruths | Google+ - http://gplus.to/wwtMask | Occupy Tallahassee
  • BlackjackBlackjack Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    wwtMask wrote: »
    On the Avengers/Secret Invasion/Illuminati books…

New Avengers #38 will be a very special issue focusing on Jessica Jones and Luke Cage drawn by Alias co-creator Michael Gaydos. "I don't want to spoil the story but it's called ‘The Break-Up.’"
    On one hand, yay! Gaydos should draw everything with Jessica Jones in it.

On the other hand, no! I like Jessica and Luke together. Hopefully it's a misleading title.

Blackjack on
    camo_sig2.png

3DS: 1607-3034-6970
  • DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    edited October 2007
    "Really, why should anyone in comics have a stable romantic relationship?" This thought must be going around the Marvel offices or something.

DouglasDanger on
    edited October 2007
    Frank Cho drawing nothing but females = very yes

Scooter on
  • PantheraOncaPantheraOnca Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Scooter wrote: »
    Frank Cho drawing nothing but females = very yes

Very yes.

PantheraOnca on
  • Caveman PawsCaveman Paws Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    I'm glad I wasn't the only one to see the words "Cho" and "All female team of avengers with all female villians" and have that same reaction.

*Eyebrow waggle*

Caveman Paws on
    edited October 2007
    I'm glad I wasn't the only one to see the words "Cho" and "All female team of avengers with all female villians" and have that same reaction.

*Eyebrow waggle*

my reactions to that paragraph:
    "After finishing up his arc, Cho will move on to the Mighty Avengers annual..."
    ":| Aww but I LIKE being hypnotized by Black Widow's ass..."
    "...which will feature an all-female Avengers team vs all-female villains."
    ":winky:"

The Muffin Man on
  • wwtMaskwwtMask Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Isn't he drawing Jungle Girl right now too? My affinity for cheesecake very nearly made me add that to my pull list.

wwtMask on
    When he dies, I hope they write "Worst Affirmative Action Hire, EVER" on his grave. His corpse should be trolled.
    Twitter - @liberaltruths | Google+ - http://gplus.to/wwtMask | Occupy Tallahassee
  • Bloods EndBloods End Blade of Tyshalle Punch dimensionRegistered User regular
    edited October 2007
    wow.

I am surprisingly apathetic to the mighty avengers annual thing.

It seems just like a shallow "Hey frank cho does cheesecake lets just give that to him" and that annoys me for some reason.

Also i expect it to be just as boring as the regular issues of mighty avengers.

Bloods End on
  • BlackjackBlackjack Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Bloods End wrote: »
    It seems just like a shallow "Hey frank cho does cheesecake lets just give that to him" and that annoys me for some reason.
    Same.

Blackjack on
    camo_sig2.png

3DS: 1607-3034-6970
  • DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Yeah. I never really got the shameless cheesecake thing.

DouglasDanger on
    edited October 2007
    Yeah. I never really got the shameless cheesecake thing.

I don't like stuff like Jungle Girl, because it's all tease and no payoff. At least Bomb Queen goes for the actual nudity.

But we all read superhero comics anyways, right? If you can be reading a hero comic, and every character in it is Cho-chick-hot, hey, it's just bonus.

Ok, maybe the Cho-chick-hotness is the main draw, but if it's an entertaining story on top of that, then it's not as annoying.

Scooter on
This discussion has been closed.