As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Street harassment by bees because of what I'm wearing

DrezDrez Registered User regular
So I'm wearing a bright green dress shirt today (official color is "Applegreen") and I've gotten a lot of comments about it at work and on the street. Worst was this bee that collided with me - twice - without permission. It collided with my shirt and then my face. It didn't say anything to me but I assume it was attracted to me because of my shirt.

It was weird and I feel violated.

The bee is long gone now but I'm just wondering - if it did sting me, would I know right away or would it manifest later? I haven't had anyone try to penetrate my face for about 20 years and I pretty much blocked that out so I'm not sure how stings work anymore.

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar

• Options
    admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Unless you're a real badass I'm pretty sure you would notice if a bee got its stinger into you.

• Options
    KitharsisKitharsis Registered User regular
    Like the insect, bee? You would know immediately if a bee stung you.

• Options
    InxInx Registered User regular
    Yeah bee stings are pretty much immediate pain.

• Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    And bees die pretty much instantly as they disembowel themselves to sting you.

You probably glowed like a fucking fluorescent lamp with that shirt on to the bee, so you looked like a giant flower to them. He wouldn't have stung you probably.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    admanb wrote: »
    Unless you're a real badass I'm pretty sure you would notice if a bee got its stinger into you.

I actually am a real badass so now I have no idea... Damn it all! Why was I cursed with this amazingness!

(I guess I wasn't stung. Thanks all.)

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
This discussion has been closed.