As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[HALO] is dead.

• Options
    mollehmolleh Registered User regular
    Bloody hell that looks brilliant! Can't wait.

• Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    BtlMtICIAAMCBTm.jpg

• Options
    ArteenArteen Adept ValeRegistered User regular
    Lots of tidbits out of Gamescom.

Xbox One will have the Halo Channel, which appears to be the successor to the 360's Halo Waypoint app. Nifty.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j0XgIEQ8NR8

Halo 5 multiplayer will see the return of Midship! ...I never really liked that map. It looks cool though, and it sounds like 343i is going to dial back their CoD-ification of MP that they did with Halo 4, resulting in a more "traditional" Halo MP experience. No more custom, global loadouts. Beta will have seven maps, three modes, eleven weapons (the SMG is back), and seven armor sets for customization (still using the same ugly designs as Halo 4). Maps are small, focused on 4v4. Beta will contain unlockables for the final game.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PnMKTl9VhJU

Sanctuary's back in Halo 2 Anniversary! ...I never really liked that map either.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=odsa3YY7fj4

Delta Halo is looking nice.
    gamescom-2014-halo-2-anniversary-establishing-delta-halo-bridge-feec43536ba44d8c92cec05499b4380e.jpg

Look at that honor guard's adorable little toes!
    gamescom-2014-halo-2-anniversary-delta-halo-honor-guard-3645d93058d6474a8ec76223ec3c3bd9.jpg

Master Chief Collection will see the return of a ranking system like Halo 2's! ...damn it.
    xboxdata.jpg

• Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
  • Options
    FyreWulffFyreWulff YouRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    I swear i'm not being salty for the sake of it, my reputation proceeds me i guess but

It's kind of annoying that it seems so far, all the H2A maps are maps that already got remakes in other Haloes, making them further redundant to having them in the rest of the MCC

On the other hand, the reason those maps got remade before was because they were popular, so it follows that popular maps are the ones that will get included in the 'slice' they choose to remake for H2A

Would have been nice to see some more deep cuts, especially maps that can't be remade in Forge, or maps that could have benefitted from Forge functionality, but hopefully my theory that Coagulation is actually H2A's Forge World is reality. At least people will be able to forge in something that mostly represents the Halo 2 sandbox.

• Options
    JusticeforPlutoJusticeforPluto Registered User regular
    So, what maps are we getting? Just Halo 2 maps, or maps from all four games?

• Options
    H2A's maps are all just Halo 2 maps

Also they just announced Lockout

• Options
    It sure looks like Lockout.

I find all these small changes they make to the maps fascinating from a design perspective.

• Options
    Halo: Reach is the free Gold game for the second half of September. Gonna hit it up due to increased population at that time

• Options
    New Lockout remake footage
    The map looks great, especially how it's embedded into the cliffside. The dynamic element is shooting the ceiling on one of the sides to drop ice chunks.

• Options
    Want to know where Halo 5 and 6 will take place? Perhaps we've known all along.

Say what you will about Halo Legends, but Origins I and Origins II were pretty cool. Origins was a two-part overview of the Halo timeline, but what's curious is that Origins II showed a few events that never happened. Humans and Covenant never fought a full-scale Covenant invasion, as depicted. Master Chief never saw the Gravemind on Guardian during the events of Halo 3. Is that the return of Guilty Spark? And what's Master Chief doing on the ruins of the Ark?

I suspect we'll see some of these events during Halo 5 and Halo 6. If this is really what 343i is driving towards, I laud their ambition.

• Options
    I've enabled the old TBK Bungie.net group as a Destiny clan if you want [TBK] as your clan tag

http://www.bungie.net/en/Clan/Detail/1724

• Options
    A sneak peek at some of the customization options in MCC. Definitely not final.

Halo-2-Anniversary-Multiplayer-Elite-Armor.jpg
    Default H2A Elites look cool. The other armor is a bit silly looking.

Halo-2-Anniversary-Multiplayer-Spartan-Armor.jpg
    The H2A Spartan armor is a nice mix of classic and Halo 4 style. It's a definite improvement over much of the H4 multiplayer armor.

Roster-Nameplate.png
    Nameplates, woo!

I can't wait to jump into this.

• Options
  • Options
    BursarBursar Hee Noooo! PDX areaRegistered User regular
    That art design is really... going in a direction that I don't think I appreciate.

GNU Terry Pratchett
    PSN: Wstfgl | GamerTag: An Evil Plan | Battle.net: FallenIdle#1970
    Hit me up on BoardGameArena! User: Loaded D1
    egc6gp2emz1v.png
  • Options
    Warlock is the final Halo 2 Anniversary remake map! Who's excited? Anyone?
    Halo-2-warlock-map.jpg

Okay, some actually cool news. All the games will feature medals! Even new ones for modes like Ricochet. All the campaigns will feature medals, too.
    medal_chest_multiplayer_800-dd25255e921f44809f4b9c7ea2ad865b.jpg

• Options
    NocrenNocren Lt Futz, Back in Action North CarolinaRegistered User regular
    Nice....?

Will there be any armor purmutations that will forever be locked out because their new and exciting playlist that everyone will play fizzled?

newSig.jpg
  • Options
    Nocren wrote: »
    Nice....?

Will there be any armor purmutations that will forever be locked out because their new and exciting playlist that everyone will play fizzled?

Not sure what you're referring to there. As far as I know, everything in the game will be unlocked from the beginning.

• Options
    edited October 2014
    One of Halo 4's gametypes was available at launch, had some armor stuff linked to it via progression (wanna say it was for the Commando set) however when I started playing it again later, the gametype was completely removed from the game and in none of the playlists, and the armor was still locked.

EDIT: Gametype was Dominion.

Nocren on
    newSig.jpg
  • Options
    I forget again that Halo 4 has skins and armor unlocks tied to anything.

The game was absolutely terrible at telling you they existed

• Options
    That's a bummer, but hopefully all the armor really is unlocked at the start in MCC.

I wonder if the game will even have commendations or any sort of experience bar.

• Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    Maybe they'll bring back visible Trueskill ratings

• Options
    Then we can go back to people selling level 50 Halo tags again!

newSig.jpg
  • Options
    tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular

If so, I can't wait to stagnate in the lower 40s due to my refusal to adopt certain tactics to win! <3<3<3

“I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • Options
    I just hope they don't make some of the more fun gametypes ranked-only. The social SWAT playlist early in Halo 3's heyday was a ton of fun, but I hated playing it ranked.

• Options
    I wasn't a fan of the ranked playlists in general since they were tied to achievements...

I still don't have Two for One, Steppin Razor, or... oddly enough Overkill. Which is weird. Most of the other DLC achievements I don't have either because I simply lost interest in playing.

• Options
  • Options
    edited October 2014

The fact that everyone inherits the main account's Gold on the One means

SO

MANY

ACCOUNT RESTARTS

FyreWulff on
  • Options
    Arteen wrote: »

And the multiplayer achievements don't seem to be insane either... :O

• Options
    I am going to be spending so much time going after these achievements. There's so much to do, between the score and time challenges, legendary difficulty runs, collectible hunts and easter egg achievements. And all the multiplayer!

I'm pumped!

• Options
    edited October 2014
    Halo MCC will have a 20GB day one patch. Without it, you can only play campaign modes.

Local H Jay on
  • Options
    Any word on if this will have digital preorders?
    I don't want my entire Tuesday to be downloading both the game and the patch.

• Options

Yup, it will preload the game/patch if you digitally preorder.

• Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    Halo MCC will have a 20GB day one patch. Without it, you can only play campaign modes.

Nice to know they finished the game before sending it to get printed. [/sarcasm]

• Options

Yup, it will preload the game/patch if you digitally preorder.

Sweet.

I usually buy retail games on disk, but this is definitely one of those games I want on my system at all times. I have the rest of that week off so it'll be nonstop Halo for me! There's just so much stuff to do I might spend that whole first week just on Halo: CE campaign and still have a ton left to do in just that.

• Options
    Wraith260Wraith260 Happiest Goomba! Registered User regular
    actually you can pre-order/pre-load MCC right now! game when gold today and is confirmed for a 11th November release.

http://majornelson.com/2014/10/17/halo-master-chief-collection-now-available-digital-preorder-xbox-one/

• Options
    jefe414jefe414 "My Other Drill Hole is a Teleporter" Mechagodzilla is Best GodzillaRegistered User regular
    I'm going to end up buying this again aren't I.
    Goddammit.

Xbox Live: Jefe414
  • Options
    sPider817sPider817 Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Quick! Someone get me an XB1!

Battlenet: s314der#1279 XBL: s314der YouTube
    Twitch Wed-Sun, 2-5pm CST
  • Options
    SilentBobXSilentBobX Registered User regular
    Oh man, Forge video on IGN had my mouth open the whole time. People are gonna make some awesome things.

small.png
This discussion has been closed.