As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Its Fucking Halloween Douches. [Monthly Enrichment]

IrukaIruka Registered User, Moderator mod
ghost3_e0.gif
What are you assholes doing. Drawing pumpkins? Making costumes?

You might be thinking:

-But Iruka, how is this a monthly enrichment?
Fuck you.

-But Iruka, Inktober is probably a better monthly enri-
WHATEVER

-But Iruk-
ljmkj4xgpubs.jpg

Whatever nerds. Post your crap in here.

• Options
    SHIT SHIT, is it Halloween time already?? Man, I better go to try on some costumes before all the good ones are gone!
    halloween_2014.jpg

• Options
    tapeslingertapeslinger Space Unicorn Slush Ranger Social Justice Rebel ScumRegistered User regular
    oh boy oh boy oh boy

have ordered the last components of my ridiculous costume and am fabricating the rest of the parts for my ridiculous desk-decorating project. Trying not to go nuts with it costwise; thrifting everything I can thrift and using old or ill-fitting stuff and refashioning it where I can.

I'm reasonably certain that my desire to have fun with my Halloween stuff this year is driving the boyfriend nuts, but I can't help it, planning this stuff is like the one thing that's making the bullshit and annoyances i'm dealing with right now actually bearable.

• Options
    m3nacem3nace Registered User regular
    edited October 2014
    Hey nerds, I made a mask.
    0wdd7os7ozfu.jpg

m3nace on
  • Options
    F87F87 So Say We All Registered User regular
    pumpkin?pumpkin.
    ljk11rmzauxg.png

• Options
    irrlmeroo9kf.jpg
    vv37ldsukl7b.jpg
    pvdhax9eha8j.jpg

This Halloween I am maxing out my creeper stats.

@F87‌ nice pumpkin!

@m3nace‌ thats cool, what did you make it out of?

@Angel_of_Bacon‌ please actually go as a sexy nurse.

• Options
    Silkis white paper clay on top of a plaster gauze mold of my face (that's why it's so handsome.)

• Options
    Angel_of_BaconAngel_of_Bacon Moderator mod
    edited October 2014
    Iruka wrote: »

Eh, IRL I'm probably not doing anything for Halloween, so buying a costume and getting dressed up as RESPECTED AND HIGHLY TRAINED HEALTH CARE PROFESSIONAL like that when I've got nowhere to go would just be like every Tuesday night a waste of $50.

Maybe I'll do a more elaborate drawn version just to show that I'm still down with the Halloween spirit though.
    <Googles Kim Hyung-tae references>

Angel_of_Bacon on
  • Options
    tapeslingertapeslinger Space Unicorn Slush Ranger Social Justice Rebel ScumRegistered User regular
    hooray for recycling day
    the best day to create a portable spray booth and nearly spray yourself in the face with Krylon hose down your cheap plastic stuff to be a different color
    because then the guys come and take it away, no muss, no fuss, no carrying it back inside

• Options

Eh, IRL I'm probably not doing anything for Halloween, so buying a costume and getting dressed up as RESPECTED AND HIGHLY TRAINED HEALTH CARE PROFESSIONAL like that when I've got nowhere to go would just be like every Tuesday night a waste of $50.

Maybe I'll do a more elaborate drawn version just to show that I'm still down with the Halloween spirit though.
    <Googles Kim Hyung-tae references>

Holy crap I forgot about that dude. If you can get that extra level back bend in there, that would be excellent.

@tapeslinger‌ when you say "portable spray booth".... do you just mean a big cardboard box?

• Options
    Yep! In this case not even that big, just enough to shield the sidewalk and so on.

In retrospect it may have been unwise to be standing outside with a rattling spray paint can at dusk considering I live a block from the precinct, but
    There are things we do for art.

What are you sculpting that rad skull with, btw, @Iruka?

• Options
    Celluclay. Its a bit heavy now but I sculpted it on top of a cheap plastic mask so it already has straps in the back. I may have to reinforce them some how, but at least I have a starting point.

• Options
    I thought that might be it, heh, plaster would be borderline unbearable. Rad! I can't think of anything lighter weight for a direct build like that.

No pictures yet, (this weekend, yay) but man, it's nice to start checking stuff off my build order.

(I'm taking advantage of the volume of Star Wars memorabilia we have on display and decking out my desk to look like part of the Millennium Falcon, making cat sized Chewbacca bandolier and bowcaster for funny pictures with the shop cat, and I'm dressing up as Han Solo because fuck it, I think it will be way more hilarious than Leia.)

• Options
    earthwormadamearthwormadam ancient crust Registered User regular
    WOOOOOO cool stuffz so far!!!

• Options
    Help me brainstorm! So the school's halloween party is going to be Día de Muertos theme and I don't want to go with the standard boring facepaint crap. So far I'm thinking either Luchador or zombie Frida Kahlo. I've also thought of dressing up as a literal essay, as in a paper, but I'm afraid I'll end up spending too much time explaining my lame joke to people.

• Options
    would zombie Frida Kahlo just be zombie paint and a unibrow?

• Options
    WassermeloneWassermelone Registered User regular
    would zombie Frida Kahlo just be zombie paint and a unibrow?

I'm picturing something like this:
    DBbWp0n.jpg

• Options
    Ah yes
    The fabled and feared eyebrow dentata

• Options
    NakedZerglingNakedZergling A more apocalyptic post apocalypse Portland OregonRegistered User regular
    Wait..this is actually applicable to this thread!
    Done with coffee and ink.
    coffeeskull_zps65c92fb6.jpg

• Options
    edited October 2014
    So after adventures in flat black primer yesterday, I went in tonight thinking I'd get like, a pewter base coat laid in maybe

Several hours later:
    DSC_0106.jpg

DSC_0107.jpg

I think it still needs one or two more washes with matte dark acrylics, but I'm actually sort of surprised I got that all bashed out tonight. Just cleared up some more time for other projects between now and Halloween, I guess

tapeslinger on
  • Options
    NightDragonNightDragon 6th Grade Username Registered User regular
    Wow, looks great @tapeslinger‌ !

• Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    I made a halloweenish thing yesterday.

i'm still doing pixel art...

(Spoilered for scary)
    wf3y4e5vhis8.png

• Options
    007ctrl_room007ctrl_room Registered User regular
    I made a halloweenish thing yesterday.

i'm still doing pixel art...

(Spoilered for scary)
    wf3y4e5vhis8.png

that is scary awesome (pun intended)

LFGdating | In twenty years I'll still be playing Red Alert ... and Goldeneye.
  • Options
    IMG_20141015_181555.jpg

"She's fast enough for you, old man. What's the cargo?"

My boots arrived today! Astonished that they actually fit, I usually have a great deal of difficulty with online shoe sizing.

• Options
    KallistiKallisti Registered User regular
    Guys what're your favorite horror films for Halloween? I love Halloween cause that means scary movies. I love the cheesy, I love the thrills and chills.

Dead Alive. Personally I think it's better than LOTR? Also the Thing, what a hallmark, like it's still kinda gross to this day and the cinematography is to die for. Night of the living Dead for 80's-ness, cause girls dancing around topless on cars was pretty standard fair back in the day. Watched Hellraiser last year, way cheesier than expected.

• Options
    TayaTaya Registered User regular
    Oh hey here's something vaguely related to Halloween: a painting based on Ghost Trick! I finished it last week and the guy who commissioned it loves it so yay.

tumblr_ndj21spwmG1twpgv4o1_500.jpg

• Options
    NicNic Registered User regular
    edited October 2014
    @kallisti If you haven't seen John Dies at the End, it's pretty funny, and has some cool horror elements. It's about two small town guys who find a drug that allows you to see creatures who live on a dimension slightly out of phase with our own. Lots of crazy shit happens. It's got Paul Giamatti, Doug Jones, and is directed by Don Coscarelli (who directed Bubba Ho-Tep).

Nic on
  • Options
    The Thing was definitely the first thing that came to mind for me, Kallisti! I also remember having traumatic issues with Alien. Ha.

• Options
    eloxxpnvsd7e.jpg
    smoothed it out, gave it a simple coat of paint, I dont think I'm going to do much else to it. If it survived Halloween I may paint crazy flowers on it and hang it on a wall.

• Options
    That is really rad! (I love the skellie gloves with that, too.)

• Options
    Thanks man! I may try and go buy a hoodie that doesn't have a logo on the front, I don't want to get a skeleton one because I would probably not wear it otherwise. I may also get a black feather boa to have poking out of the hood.

• Options
    Yeah, I was just thinking you might want to go with something... drapier?

makes me think of the Gogolithic Mass from #sworcery a bit:

• Options
    I want it to be a normal-ish hoodie for sure, but I will probably get an oversized black one from walmart so the hood is a little more floppy. Maybe I'll cut holes in it.

I want to be just kinda a weirdo kid with a skull mask and not like a legit reaper or something.

• Options
    edited October 2014
    oh, I know-- I was just reminded of it because the hands and the skull are the only parts of the gogolithic mass you ever really "see"

I think oversized and in black you could get a pretty good effect. You will probably get people going "cool reaper costume" but that's how it goes on Halloween.

(The year nexus and I did The Monarch and Dr Mrs from Venture Brothers, we got equal amounts of "OH MY GOD IT'S THE MONARCH" and "so... you guys are like, moth people?" It kind of goes with the territory that there's always someone who doesn't get it unless it's explained in detail.)

tapeslinger on
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    IMG_20141018_005043.jpg

nerf-herder, scruffy-looking, rather kiss a wookiee, yeah, whatever, Yer Worship

tapeslinger on
  • Options
    2014-10-20011757.jpg

this took WAY more time than I was really expecting
    and then I remembered I had a linoleum cutter and a spare vinyl eraser
    stamp stamp stamp

• Options
    FlayFlay Registered User regular
    edited October 2014
    Halloween is the greatest, but I wish it was more of a thing in Australia. I drew a thing instead.

FczNrbT.jpg

Flay on
  • Options
    lyriumlyrium Registered User regular
    Everything in this thread is looking awesome!

I made a pumpkin

pumpkin.jpg

• Options
    edited October 2014
    chewbakkity.jpg

Chewbakkitty bandolier progress
    Just need to make tiny gear bag and stitch it together!

tapeslinger on
  • Options
    earthwormadamearthwormadam ancient crust Registered User regular
    WOW nice Iruka. I'm going to start making my Halloween mask in the next couple days. Pics to follow!

• Options
    @Flay‌ I really enjoy that sketch