As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Gangs of [New York Comic Con 2014]

DelduwathDelduwath Registered User regular
edited September 2014 in Graphic Violence
Alternate thread title: "::clinks bottles together:: Foooooorumeeeeers, come out to plaaa-iiiii-aaaayyyyy"

New York Comic Con 2014 is just over a week away. I had to skip going last year, so I am doubly-excited to go this year. Are any of you fine folks planning to attend? What are you looking forward to seeing? Which artists are you going to ask for sketches? Which B-grade celebrity will you get to autograph your chest? Just how DIY is your costume?

Oh, and one other thing: Should we do a quick forum meetup during the convention? I've been mostly lurking - but occasionally even posting - on here for seven years, I've traded real-world addresses with some of you for Secret Santas, and yet I've never met any of the posters on here in person. I think it might be fun, in that awkward-nerds-standing-around-trying-to-be-social way.

Delduwath on

• Options
    MunchMunch Registered User regular
    While I won't be going to NYCC (Booo, boo Munch, booo!) I will say that in my sole experience meeting a forumer at a con, it was very nice and not awkward at all.

Unless @JyrenB‌ was standing in silent judgement of me for the duration of our interaction. Which is entirely possible. Likely, even. I was wearing a Green Lantern t-shirt, that I bought at a gas station on the drive to North Carolina.

• Options
    JyrenBJyrenB St. AugustineRegistered User regular
    Munch wrote: »
    While I won't be going to NYCC (Booo, boo Munch, booo!) I will say that in my sole experience meeting a forumer at a con, it was very nice and not awkward at all.

Unless @JyrenB‌ was standing in silent judgement of me for the duration of our interaction. Which is entirely possible. Likely, even. I was wearing a Green Lantern t-shirt, that I bought at a gas station on the drive to North Carolina.

I'd just like it to be known that I have never in my life been silent.

And I, too, will not be at NYCC. Sadly. I know quite a few people that will be and have pestered me, but pestering doesn't make it happen.

osasbutton.png
    XBL: JyrenB ; Steam: Jyren ; Twitter
  • Options
    DelduwathDelduwath Registered User regular
    Sounds like no takers. I will assume that everyone is at the convention in spirit.

If anyone is also there in physical form and wants to meet up or something, do let me know!

• Options
    SolarSolar Registered User regular
    I would go... if it wasn't across many miles of cold ocean that is

In the future though, for sure!

• Options
    SatanIsMyMotorSatanIsMyMotor Fuck Warren Ellis Registered User regular
    I'm already convincing the wifey to go next year.

• Options
    micheilsgreymicheilsgrey Registered User new member
    same here

• Options
    redfield85redfield85 Registered User regular
    Just saw this now. Delduwath, were you there the whole weekend? I was able to grab a weekend pass, but my friends could only grab Friday ones because of how fast it sold out. So, I wound up just selling my weekend pass on our way out for like $30.

Had a great time though. So many street passes. And got a few sketches/commissions. And prints. And some Lego minifigs. Kind of sad I didn't go the other days because the one minifig booth was bringing more the next day that I would've loved to grab.

I think this year is the most cosplay pics I've taken too. Some fun stuff.

bYf6vNQ.png
    Tumblr | Twitter | Twitch | Pinny Arcade Lanyard
    [3DS] 3394-3901-4002 | [Xbox/Steam] Redfield85