As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Fine Line Between Brave and Stupid (Done got mugged)

123457»

• FramlingFramling FaceHead Geebs has bad ideas.Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Yeah, for a while they had the shapes for the normal kind and then the sugar-free kind was round, and now they're all round.

Framling on
    you're = you are
    your = belonging to you

their = belonging to them
    there = not here
    they're = they are
  • FaricazyFaricazy Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    this totally ends in the mugger pleading for fram to do him in the butt

Faricazy on
  • FAQFAQ Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Fram was that the story of how you met Jordyn

FAQ on
    edited October 2007
    No, no, the story of how Jordyn and I met goes something like this:

[Int: Grocery Store]
    JORDYN: Excuse me, do you know where the maple syrup is? AND THAT'S HOW ME MET.
    [END SCENE]

Framling on
    you're = you are
    your = belonging to you

there = not here
    they're = they are
    edited October 2007
    if she said that

that's so meta

Faricazy on
  • MKRMKR Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    golf clap

MKR on
  • BusterKBusterK Negativity is Boring Cynicism is Cowardice Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    The story with my GF goes like this
    Me: Mind if I sit here?
    Her: No, wait I mean yes.
    Me. Too late!

BusterK on
    Visit http://www.cruzflores.com for all your Cruz Flores needs. Also listen to the podcast I do with Penguin Incarnate http://wgsgshow.podomatic.com
    Amazon Wishlist: http://www.amazon.com/BusterK/wishlist/3JPEKJGX9G54I/ref=cm_wl_search_bin_1
  • KhavallKhavall British ColumbiaRegistered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Faricazy wrote: »
    if she said that

that's so meta

If any girl ended the first thing she ever said to me with the words "AND THAT'S HOW WE MET" I would pretty much be hers right there.

Khavall on
  • HozHoz Cool Cat Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Like you wouldn't be hers anyway because of the whole vagina deal.

Hoz on
  • Paper TigerPaper Tiger Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    I came home to my apartment one night and I found that the screen for my window had been peeled back. I figured that someone had tried to break in and left in a hurry.

It was really weird cause first of all, my apartment is right off of campus and that window is by a pretty busy street that's right across from the campus police department.

Secondly, I have nothing but dirty underwear in my room.

Paper Tiger on
    edited October 2007
    Well there's the vagina thing too. That would also play a part in my decision making process, yes.

Khavall on
  • BlitzkriegBlitzkrieg Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    I would totally use my krav maga bursting technique and duck away and under the knife while...

I saw it on Human Weapon, I can totally do it now.

Oh who am I kidding, I would just cry like a girl scout with no cookies.

Blitzkrieg on
  • Muse Among MenMuse Among Men Suburban Bunny Princess? Its time for a new shtick Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    How about a dog? A big pitbull with a spiked collar. Having one around would probably ward off anything who would otherwise mug/kill/rape/shanghai/round-house kick you.

Muse Among Men on
    edited October 2007
    How about a dog? A big pitbull with a spiked collar. Having one around would probably ward off anything who would otherwise mug/kill/rape/shanghai/round-house kick you.

Also, it would eat you.

Framling on
    you're = you are
    your = belonging to you

there = not here
    they're = they are
  • WrenWren ninja_bird Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    I'd mug you then rape your dog

Wren on
    tf2sig.jpg
    TF2 - Wren BF3: Wren-fu
  • Muse Among MenMuse Among Men Suburban Bunny Princess? Its time for a new shtick Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    I can tell none of you'se grew up with pits. They are loveable dogs. And dont let no one rape 'em.

Muse Among Men on
  • WrenWren ninja_bird Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    then are you saying bestiality is consensual? because I'd totally agree

Wren on
    tf2sig.jpg
    TF2 - Wren BF3: Wren-fu
  • JordynJordyn Really, Commander? Probing Uranus. Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Framling wrote: »
    No, no, the story of how Jordyn and I met goes something like this:

[Int: Grocery Store]
    JORDYN: Excuse me, do you know where the maple syrup is? AND THAT'S HOW ME MET.
    [END SCENE]

oh god that was so funny

Jordyn on
    thumbsupguy-1.jpg
    JordynNolz.com <- All my blogs (Shepard, Wasted, J'onn, DCAU) are here now!
    edited October 2007
    pits are dumb though

dumbbb

Faricazy on
    edited October 2007
    Okay, yes, pits are dumb. I remember having one that would jump as high as he could to bite lemons off the tree. Never succeeded.

Muse Among Men on
  • DefenderDefender Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    I was in Colorado last week, visiting home. Coming back, I had to take public transportation, since none of my friends have cars. So I was on the subway with my suitcase and my backpack, collectively containing my laptop, my digital camera, and my iPod.

About three blocks away from my house, two guys come out of a nearby alley. One starts walking next to me, the other behind me. The one next to me says "Hey man, where's my dollar?" "I didn't know you were asking." "Well you got one?" "Sorry, fresh out."

The guy behind me grabs me and sticks a knife up to my neck. Says "Then I guess you better give us everything you got." Now my first thought wasn't actually fear or anything, but more irritation at how fucking cliched they were being about everything. Like, seriously. What's with the little routine in the leadup?

Anyway, I decide I'm pissed off at being mugged by such retards. I say "I'm not giving you shit. You aren't gonna stab me." He ignores me, saying "Bitch, you wanna get poked?" Now, who the fuck says "poked?" I've never been mugged before, so I'm not really up on my mugging slang. But that just sounds retarded.

At this point, I tell them I'm three blocks from home, my roommate is expecting me, and then anything that happened to me would be almost immediately discovered. The guy with the knife chose to not issue a rebuttal, instead pressing said knife harder against my neck.

I point out that if they hadn't killed me yet, they weren't planning on it. So they give up the threats and start trying to grab shit out of my pockets, the bigger one trying to hold my arm backs. For the first time ever, my years of wrestling proved helpful, and I was able to squirm around enough that they couldn't get much. One managed to snatch my wallet, at which point both of them booked.

It had $85, my license, various gift cards, and my debit card. The day before rent's due, even. Thanks, muggers!

tl;dr Got mugged

That's fucking awesome.

Defender on
  • PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Yeah, getting mugged is pretty sweet.

On the upside, I have a business meeting here in a few that I was pretty nervous about. Doesn't seem like such a big deal, now.

Poorochondriac on
  • BusterKBusterK Negativity is Boring Cynicism is Cowardice Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Poo if you're ever in trouble
    Give me a call
    But serious trouble
    Not "I got too drunk and don't know where I am"

BusterK on
    Visit http://www.cruzflores.com for all your Cruz Flores needs. Also listen to the podcast I do with Penguin Incarnate http://wgsgshow.podomatic.com
    Amazon Wishlist: http://www.amazon.com/BusterK/wishlist/3JPEKJGX9G54I/ref=cm_wl_search_bin_1
  • PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Buster that is the main sort of trouble I am likely to get into.

Poorochondriac on
    edited October 2007
    If you're ever in that sort of trouble call me up.

:winky:

Khavall on
  • DefenderDefender Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Yeah, getting mugged is pretty sweet.

On the upside, I have a business meeting here in a few that I was pretty nervous about. Doesn't seem like such a big deal, now.

After something like that, everything else gets the volume turned down.

20030911-fightclub.jpg

Defender on
  • Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Buster you sound like quite the fair-weather friend

Centipede Damascus on
  • JordynJordyn Really, Commander? Probing Uranus. Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    That's the best kind of friend to be.

Jordyn on
    thumbsupguy-1.jpg
    JordynNolz.com <- All my blogs (Shepard, Wasted, J'onn, DCAU) are here now!