As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

A Moist, Bare Bones [Webcomic] Thread

• Options
    FCDFCD Registered User regular
    Naruto reminds me a lot of Harry Potter, and the way it wastes Sakura in particular reminds me of how Ginny was sidelined by Rowling.

Gridman! Baby DAN DAN! Baby DAN DAN!
  • Options
    GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    Brainleech wrote: »
    And Virus Comix is again too big to post

Holy shit, that's a lot of dialogue.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

• Options
    Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    2014-10-12-fixed.png

wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options
    Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
    JaSZaOg.gif

acpRlGW.jpg
    Steam: YOU FACE JARAXXUS| Twitch.tv: CainLoveless
  • Options
    CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    Goatmon wrote: »
    At least he's gotten better about having an appropriate number of panels for his novella.

• Options
    SCREECH OF THE FARGSCREECH OF THE FARG #1 PARROTHEAD margaritavilleRegistered User regular
    Ok someone tell me

What is the final fight of naruto, who are the combatants, what are the stakes. I just need to know

gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg
  • Options
    Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    edited October 2014
    Thats the fucking thing

Its still fucking going

They have done a "psych this is the real final boss" six consecutive times in a row in the same fight

Why do I read this trash

Why cant I just be happy with not knowing how it ends

Bluedude152 on
    p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    SCREECH OF THE FARGSCREECH OF THE FARG #1 PARROTHEAD margaritavilleRegistered User regular
    Ok, is naruto fighting some sort of deity, or has he done so recently

gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg
  • Options
    Well

He fought a dude who said he was some other dude

Who revealed he was not actually that dude

Then another guy revealed he was playing dude 1

Then dude 1 revealed that no in fact dude 2 was not manipulating him

Then dude summoned that ACTUAL version of that dude he was pretending to be from the dead

Who then rebeled and fought everyone including dude one

Then some small no name revelaed he was behind everything and summoned a god

And naruto became a god

And they fought

And the moon is actually a giant monster and everyone got turned into pod people

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    Cilla BlackCilla Black Priscilla!!! Registered User regular
    haha

• Options
    Christ. I remember the simpler days, like when the sharingan eye was just a thing that let you hypnotize people so you could copy their jutsu. Crazy how it's gone from that to this.

• Options
    edited October 2014
    Also that special eye can rewrite reality now

And there is like 5 versions of it

Edit: And Naruto can go super saiyan

Bluedude152 on
    p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    Duke 2.0Duke 2.0 Time Trash Cat Registered User regular
    Edit: And Naruto can go super saiyan

As somebody whose only interaction with Naruto is secondary sources like this, couldn't he do that for a long while?

VRXwDW7.png
  • Options
    CreaganCreagan Registered User regular
    As of the most recent chapter, Naruto and Sasuke are slugging it out in the same spot they did prior to the time skip. The only difference is they're "best friends" now, and are way, WAY overpowered.

I'm sorry I started this. Can we PLEASE go back to talking about webcomics now?

• Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    edited October 2014
    Ok, is naruto fighting some sort of deity, or has he done so recently

Already did, the origin of chakra. It was as sudden and stupid as you think.

Final fight is Naruto vs Sasuke. Sasuke has spent the entire battle seeing Naruto unite the ninja countries together, showing that peace is a possibility, make friends with all the tailed beasts who, surprise, are not actually evil they just get angry when people think of them as mere tools and don't call them by name, and generally show he can follow his dream of peace.

Then Sasuke says he's going to kill all the ninja leaders and the tailed beasts and Naruto because REVOLUTION.

Madican on
  • Options
    So how about QC

Who is stupidly excited for sunday night to see the continuing tales of the cute couple

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    I am excited, though I suspect we'll be heading back to the robot girls soon.

• Options
    edited October 2014
    There really needs to be some kind of cap on power creeps in shonen stories.

If all you can do to make things interesting is pull a "I'm not left handed" over and over and over again, you've clearly run out of ideas and need to just move things the fuck along.

Goatmon on

• Options
    Mortal SkyMortal Sky queer punk hedge witchRegistered User regular
    I like that One Piece has consistent power caps. The dudes who were on top at the beginning? Mostly still on top now. The crew is just finally getting to the point where they're a viable threat against the second and third tiers of power down from the top.

And then JoJo averts power creeps by restarting every 20-odd volumes

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular

If all you can do to make things interesting is pull a "I'm not left handed" over and over and over again, you've clearly run out of ideas and need to just move things the fuck along.

I don't disagree with you but you're basically asking half of the manga industry to stop making money. Shonen Jump wouldn't have any material without formulaic battle mangas being churned out like sausages, it's a formula because it sells so well.

Also, like a species controlling the population of a pest by outcompeting it, if battle mangas disappeared harem mangas would soon rush in to fill the void. Could you bear being responsible for such a horrible thing?

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    KanaKana Registered User regular
    jesus christ, what did I start.

I just thought it was cool Sakura punched people in the face

even if she is still useless

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options
    NeveronNeveron HellValleySkyTree SwedenRegistered User regular
    Mokepon updates faster than people post it here, apparently.
    wdcrmGL.png
    So that's why Eevees are so damn rare. Abel's hoarding them.
    V49Z5ij.png
    People feeling entitled to them? I hadn't noticed...

• Options
    TrippyJingTrippyJing Moses supposes his toeses are roses. But Moses supposes erroneously.Registered User regular
    So what you're saying is that you get turned on by getting punched in the face.

b1ehrMM.gif
  • Options
    KanaKana Registered User regular
    TrippyJing wrote: »
    So what you're saying is that you get turned on by getting punched in the face.

Obviously yes, but that wasn't my point!

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    So I just started and finished all of Gunnerkrigg Court's archive in two nights and now I gotta wait like the rest of you schmucks aaaahhhh

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    ThetherooThetheroo Registered User regular
  • Options
    SkeithSkeith Registered User regular
    Kana wrote: »
    jesus christ, what did I start.

I just thought it was cool Sakura punched people in the face

even if she is still useless

And in four weeks it won't matter because that's the last chapter.

aTBDrQE.jpg
  • Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    Darmak wrote: »
    So I just started and finished all of Gunnerkrigg Court's archive in two nights and now I gotta wait like the rest of you schmucks aaaahhhh

it really is the worst

NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • Options
    ShenShen Registered User regular
    I feel like thanks to this thread I'm in on the ground floor on all the hot new crumblics, my days of archive binging are over.

3DS: 2234-8122-8398 | Battle.net (EU): Ladi#2485
    ladi.png
  • Options
    nightmarennynightmarenny Registered User regular

Did you go to the extra comics section and read Annie in the Forest?

Quire.jpg
  • Options
    Quantum TigerQuantum Tiger Registered User regular

Did you go to the extra comics section and read Annie in the Forest?

Did you root through Siddell's garbage for tattered sketches and panel scraps like a dog snuffling up their master's waste?

I have the alley booked Tuesdays and Thursdays fyi

• Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular

yeah, I tried, I really did

• Options
    BlueBlueBlueBlue Registered User regular
    Today's oglaf comes in a pair

CD World Tour status:
    Baidol Voprostein Avraham Thetheroo Taya Zerofill Effef Crimson King Lalabox Mortal Sky ASimPerson Sal Wiet Theidar Tynic Speed Racer Neotoma Goatmon ==>Larlar Munkus Beaver Day of the Bear miscellaneousinsanity Skull Man Delzhand Caulk Bite 6 Somestickguy
  • Options
    ShenShen Registered User regular
    Fearghaill wrote: »

yeah, I tried, I really did

I beat it!

It's actually pretty good, lots of the standard 20-something thinking going on, with a Sphinx thrown in for good measure to provide commentary on humanity as a whole (and looking back I see these are recurring characters, interesting).

I wonder though, are there comics out there with characters who have regular-to-high self-esteem? Who aren't arseholes like the LiCD and DbD guys? It would be nice to have some 'I'm mid-20s/30s and I haven't quite figured shit out yet, and that's okay' characters.

3DS: 2234-8122-8398 | Battle.net (EU): Ladi#2485
    ladi.png
  • Options
    durandal4532durandal4532 Registered User regular
    If you're feeling good in your 20's there's something suspicious going on

Are you selling expensive drugs

Take a moment to donate what you can to Critical Resistance and Black Lives Matter.
  • Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    If you're feeling good in your 20's there's something suspicious going on

Are you selling expensive drugs

No. I'm selling lots of cheap ones.

• Options
    KrieghundKrieghund Registered User regular
    Archime in Paris is setting up the next punch in the gut for our new manipulative friend.

• Options
    a trip to the naruto wiki later and now i know whats up with naruto and his pal sasuke

gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    sotr20141010.png

Called it!

• Options
    edited October 2014

I don't disagree with you but you're basically asking half of the manga industry to stop making money. Shonen Jump wouldn't have any material without formulaic battle mangas being churned out like sausages, it's a formula because it sells so well.

Also, like a species controlling the population of a pest by outcompeting it, if battle mangas disappeared harem mangas would soon rush in to fill the void. Could you bear being responsible for such a horrible thing?

As if there's a shortage of wannabe shonen writers eager to fill that theoretical gap. :P

Goatmon on

This discussion has been closed.