As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

A Moist, Bare Bones [Webcomic] Thread

• TamTam Registered User regular
    Skeith wrote: »
    Kana wrote: »
    jesus christ, what did I start.

I just thought it was cool Sakura punched people in the face

even if she is still useless

And in four weeks it won't matter because that's the last chapter.

oh god I will at long last be free of this foul addiction

still gonna mine that shit for the powers though, them shits are cool as fuck, not even ashamed to say

• Magus`Magus` The fun has been DOUBLED! Registered User regular
    If Naruto doesn't end with the death of someone who reaaaally deserves it (that and Naruto hooking up with the wrong girl, obv) I'm gonna be so pissed.

• GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    I doubt it's going to end anytime soon, so you can rest easy for now.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

edited October 2014
    It's ending November 10th. Officially.

Edit: That being said, Bleach has at least several months if not a year left. Also despite the mostly fan-servicey depictions of most females in the manga, a majority of the females in Bleach can handle their own in battle. Not saying it's a shining bastion of feminine empowerment, but it's a bit better than most. I am kind of disappointed that Yhwach's "elite squad" has no females, unless the one who is covered by their cloak/doesn't speak is. Sorry for the anime tangent, etc.

Magus` on
  • LockedOnTargetLockedOnTarget Registered User regular
    Yeah I suspect Sasuke is gonna be saved by the power of friendship or some bullshit and get a happy ending he doesn't deserve.

• DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    Darmak wrote: »
    So I just started and finished all of Gunnerkrigg Court's archive in two nights and now I gotta wait like the rest of you schmucks aaaahhhh

Did you go to the extra comics section and read Annie in the Forest?
    So I just started and finished all of Gunnerkrigg Court's archive in two nights and now I gotta wait like the rest of you schmucks aaaahhhh

Did you go to the extra comics section and read Annie in the Forest?

Did you root through Siddell's garbage for tattered sketches and panel scraps like a dog snuffling up their master's waste?

I have the alley booked Tuesdays and Thursdays fyi

No, but now I'm going to do both

I'll check the alley on Sundays

JtgVX0H.png
  • Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
    Magus` wrote: »
    It's ending November 10th. Officially.

Edit: That being said, Bleach has at least several months if not a year left. Also despite the mostly fan-servicey depictions of most females in the manga, a majority of the females in Bleach can handle their own in battle. Not saying it's a shining bastion of feminine empowerment, but it's a bit better than most. I am kind of disappointed that Yhwach's "elite squad" has no females, unless the one who is covered by their cloak/doesn't speak is. Sorry for the anime tangent, etc.

Apologies for Bleach talk
    I was thinking of bringing up bleach when the next Transgender thread was made, about the transgendered villain and how she was outed/misgendered repeatedly by two of the good guys but treated with relative respect and use of correct pronouns by the Deviant Devil-you-know "good guy" captain.

Of course she gets killed by the same captain, but death in Bleach is hardly the end of a character.

tumblr_nd5a5vbUvV1qhnegdo1_500.jpg

acpRlGW.jpg
    Steam: YOU FACE JARAXXUS| Twitch.tv: CainLoveless
    Sadly until the author states one way or another, there is no 100% way to know the person is transgender or just less feminine than her teammates. Not that her body seems to go by the normal rules of physiology anyhow.

• Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
    Re: magus
    I could be just assuming. I don't have access to the earlier chapters where the character is introduced, I was going off the fact that she was in a all female squad and the two good guys who outed her basically went "you have a penis, dude".

But I have no idea what the original Japanese script said.

tumblr_nckeo8N5FM1s8390so1_500.png

acpRlGW.jpg
  • Cilla BlackCilla Black Priscilla!!! Registered User regular
    Pissed off cats are the funniest.thing

• FCDFCD Registered User regular
    If Naruto doesn't end with the death of someone who reaaaally deserves it (that and Naruto hooking up with the wrong girl, obv) I'm gonna be so pissed.

It's gonna be NaruxSaku, I can feel it in my bones. Dammit all. Hell, I bet Kishimoto will do an HP-style 'babies for everyone!' epilogue, too.

Gridman! Baby DAN DAN! Baby DAN DAN!
    NaruXHina

acpRlGW.jpg
  • BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    It's solid

Excellent is stretching it
    Nah

It is a really clever show with good characters and maybe the most diverse cast on network TV and is super super fun

CYpGAPn.png
  • PaladinPaladin Registered User regular
    Sadly until the author states one way or another, there is no 100% way to know the person is transgender or just less feminine than her teammates. Not that her body seems to go by the normal rules of physiology anyhow.

it's not really important to know anyway

Marty: The future, it's where you're going?
    Doc: That's right, twenty five years into the future. I've always dreamed on seeing the future, looking beyond my years, seeing the progress of mankind. I'll also be able to see who wins the next twenty-five world series.
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    It's solid

Excellent is stretching it
    Nah

It is a really clever show with good characters and maybe the most diverse cast on network TV and is super super fun

I like the diversity for sure

But I can't hep but compare it to the shows like it that came before, such as Buffy and even Supernatural

I think its a better show overall than Supernatural but lacks the wit and some of the charm

Its a very solid show of that kind, but it isn't excellent. The cast to me lacks a level of chemistry with each other you got out of a Buffy.

That being said, I'm only up to episode 8 so maybe it improves a lot? I dunno.

• ThetherooThetheroo Registered User regular
    edited October 2014
    Thetheroo on
  • DirtyDirtyVagrantDirtyDirtyVagrant Registered User regular
    Paladin wrote: »

it's not really important to know anyway

Well, yeah. It kinda is, even if you just look at it from the standpoint of positive representation in media.

The issue is whether or not the character's trans-ness defines the entire character, only exists as a plot device, or is being used in an otherwise exploitative manner.

• BerkBerk THE BUDGIE SMUGGLER Registered User regular
    I had a twitter chat where i was saying I wanted to have trans people in my comic but i didnt want to dumbledore them
    I feel JJ has handled it pretty well but obvs that just from my perspective?

sig-1.jpg
  • BlueBlueBlueBlue Registered User regular
    no matter what dialogue you had already written just throw ps i'm trans into the last bit

CD World Tour status:
    Baidol Voprostein Avraham Thetheroo Taya Zerofill Effef Crimson King Lalabox Mortal Sky ASimPerson Sal Wiet Theidar Tynic Speed Racer Neotoma Goatmon ==>Larlar Munkus Beaver Day of the Bear miscellaneousinsanity Skull Man Delzhand Caulk Bite 6 Somestickguy
  • TrippyJingTrippyJing Moses supposes his toeses are roses. But Moses supposes erroneously.Registered User regular
    tumblr_ndcjk2KpyE1qe9g4mo1_500.jpg

b1ehrMM.gif
  • SCREECH OF THE FARGSCREECH OF THE FARG #1 PARROTHEAD margaritavilleRegistered User regular
    does his shirt say "i love dick"

gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg
  • CaptainBeyondCaptainBeyond I've been out walking Registered User regular
    Comic feelings
    • Kill Six Billion Demons is amazing, and I envy those who in the future get to read a load of chapters none-stop.
    • I need to read some of Evan Dahms work, but I feel unsure on where to start. Do I just plough in at the beginning of Rice Boy?
    • I really like Mokepons art, the chunky lines/black & white thing does it for me.
    • JJ is doing splendidly with this latest arc.

• KanaKana Registered User regular
    There's also Crona from Soul Eater, who's super androgynous and goes the whole story with indeterminate gender and it's never really treated as important at all, iirc.

Plus Soul Eater actually has a female protagonist, while her male partner is 100% the support chick.

...Also Eruka Frog

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Mortal SkyMortal Sky queer punk hedge witchRegistered User regular
    yeah roll with Rice Boy and go in order from there

Rice Boy is not terribly long and 100% worth reading

• AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    edited October 2014
    EDIT: nevermiiind

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
  • GundiGundi Serious Bismuth Registered User regular
    Rice Boy isn't actually very long. Neither is Order of Tales, although it is longer and more importantly it's a lot more dialogue driven.

Not when you're handling them.

• TrippyJingTrippyJing Moses supposes his toeses are roses. But Moses supposes erroneously.Registered User regular
    tumblr_ndau5olcma1qc2etlo1_1280.jpg

b1ehrMM.gif
  • KanaKana Registered User regular
    technically speaking Nozaki-kun is a webcomic

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    Kana wrote: »
    technically speaking Nozaki-kun is a webcomic

giphy.gif

wY6K6Jb.gif
    Goatmon wrote: »

Not when you're handling them.

Nope I've done it many, many times

Still funny, even though you're getting clawed

• Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    ok so I'm probably going to be asleep when this thread is closed

whomever opens the next thread

please

for me

make it the most anime you can

wY6K6Jb.gif
  • DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular

please

for me

make it the most anime you can

For the thread title I propose

ウェブコミの付議

edited October 2014

Gooble Gobble

One of us

ddqhQk0.gif

Goatmon on

• cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    Time to do some catch up:
    darths1100.jpg
    darths1101.jpg
    darths1102.jpg
    darths1103.jpg
    darths1104.jpg
    http://darthsanddroids.net/

edited October 2014
    The character from Bleach, Giselle Gewelle, doesn't really reference her gender but gets upset when some characters imply she's a transgender/cross dresser. Some of her interactions in Bleach are of a sexual nature.* Mind you, the character is meant to be very weird, gender stuff aside.

* In a purposely creepy way.

Here's a general photo just so you can get an idea:
    3161153-giselle+gewelle.jpg

Magus` on
  • Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    On second thought lets not make the next thread anime as possible

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • BerkBerk THE BUDGIE SMUGGLER Registered User regular
    My next page will be the fiftieth and the beginning of the final act im pumped as fook

sig-1.jpg
  • Moth 13Moth 13 Registered User regular
    edited October 2014

please

for me

make it the most archime you can

Moth 13 on
  • Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    When is Archime going to do its version of Afterlife with Archie

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg