As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft; Omelette du Nerub

1939495969799»

• Options
    MrMonroeMrMonroe passed out on the floor nowRegistered User regular
    Like, that is absolutely atrocious, right?

I don't see how fifty fucking bucks was worth these cards.

• Options
    Big Red TieBig Red Tie beautiful clydesdale style feet too hot to trotRegistered User regular
    you rolled real low on the rng

3926 4292 8829
    Beasteh wrote: »
    *おなら*
  • Options
    CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    The average is one 1 legendary every ~20 packs, so yeah you got fucked.

• Options
    sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    I spent twenty bucks once and got a Ragnaros and literally nothing else worth a damn. And I only spent 20 because I was trying to buy some skins in HotS and made a mistake.

Ben Brode is my homie but I do not recommend you spend any money on Hearthstone, it is way too easy to build passible decks out of free fake gold.

• Options
    Big Red TieBig Red Tie beautiful clydesdale style feet too hot to trotRegistered User regular
    i think spending money is ok when you're initially building your card base, because all those random rares and commons are useful and you can make real decks sooner

also im probably? going to buy packs again when the expansion comes out because that's going to be a fun time

3926 4292 8829
    Beasteh wrote: »
    *おなら*
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    There's nothing wrong with it per se, just I haven't gotten any of my good cards sans Rag from it, and it feels WAY fucking better to pull down a Lego from I pack I spent zero dollars on, even if I dust it half a second later.

If I had spent actual real money to pull that streak of five exploding traps in a fucking row, I might have killed myself or others.

sarukun on
  • Options
    ShenShen Registered User regular
    For people just starting out now I'd recommend dropping $20 or whatever it is to get all of Naxx off the bat, gets you loads of great cards and goes a long way to levelling the playing field with people who've been playing for going on a year. Past that I don't think spending money on the game is great value though.

3DS: 2234-8122-8398 | Battle.net (EU): Ladi#2485
    ladi.png
  • Options
    TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    Coinage wrote: »
    The average is one 1 legendary every ~20 packs, so yeah you got fucked.

I think blizz owes me some legendaries.

Or at least they did before I opened that one pack with 2 legs.

bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • Options
    MrMonroeMrMonroe passed out on the floor nowRegistered User regular
    Shen wrote: »
    For people just starting out now I'd recommend dropping $20 or whatever it is to get all of Naxx off the bat, gets you loads of great cards and goes a long way to levelling the playing field with people who've been playing for going on a year. Past that I don't think spending money on the game is great value though.

I am realizing that this is what I should have done

c'est la vie

• Options
    OdinOdin Registered User regular
    I'm having a lot of fun with my deathrattle shaman. I ran into another though, and got slightly outplayed:

Pm21qtY.jpg

• Options
    commonnnnn stoneclaw totem.

• Options
    I've only had Reincarnate and Stalagg/Feugen in hand turn seven after the other one was already killed maybe like three times.

But every single time I have done a little jig.

• Options
    SLyMSLyM Registered User regular
    edited October 2014
    I recently won a game because of that weird bug where KT will revive himself if killed at the end of the turn by something played later than it. It felt really good but also really bad

SLyM on
    My friend is working on a roguelike game you can play if you want to. (It has free demo)
  • Options
    GrobianGrobian What's on sale? Pliers!Registered User regular
    I'm so fucking salty. Had a pretty good but not insane warlock arena deck. Of course after 7ish wins all your opponents have at least one legendary, that's just how it goes. But at 9:0 I have to play the same fucking paladin twice in a row who has tirion turn 8 and just wrecks my shit. Both times I had to trade 3 minions for it and didn't get one of my 2 oozes for the sword.

The run ended 11:3 (last loss was against a rogue that at least felt fair)

• Options
    Any time I lose late in arena like that I give it a good 5 minutes so I won't play the same person again

My friend is working on a roguelike game you can play if you want to. (It has free demo)
  • Options
    GrobianGrobian What's on sale? Pliers!Registered User regular
    SLyM wrote: »
    Any time I lose late in arena like that I give it a good 5 minutes so I won't play the same person again

Yeah, lesson learned :bigfrown:

• Options
    BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    i had a really bad loss once, waited a good 15 mins and queued right back into the same asshole

• Options
    Last time that happened to me I won the rematch for 12 wins :D

• Options
    TeriferinTeriferin Registered User regular
    I once had one of those rematches after I lost a game versus a Rogue. I had two consecrates in the deck, and drew 28 cards without getting either of them in the first game.

The second game I was able to reveal that I wasn't actually left-handed.

teriferin#1625
  • Options
    Turn one: Shieldbearer
    Turn two: Flametoungue totem
    Turn three: rockbiter your shield bearer, mad scientist him, attack for 6

You now have a taunt yeti on turn 4 sitting next to your flametongue.

I've been messing with mad scientist in a lot of decks and it's actually pretty great. It activates your eggs, kills enemy totems and shieldbearers, and turns your temporary damage bonuses into permanent health bonuses.

• Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    SLyM wrote: »
    Turn one: Shieldbearer
    Turn two: Flametoungue totem
    Turn three: rockbiter your shield bearer, mad scientist him, attack for 6

You now have a taunt yeti on turn 4 sitting next to your flametongue.

I've been messing with mad scientist in a lot of decks and it's actually pretty great. It activates your eggs, kills enemy totems and shieldbearers, and turns your temporary damage bonuses into permanent health bonuses.

That's crazed alchemist, not mad scientist. The scientist is the secrets one.

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    this hunter played like standard deathrattle spam until he dropped fucking baron rivendare

which totally threw me and won him the game single handedly

• Options
    Priests need to be thrown off a bridge.

• Options
    my priest uses mind vision, thoughtsteal, shadow madness, cabal shadow priest and mind control

fuck your shit it mine now

• Options
    Duke 2.0Duke 2.0 Time Trash Cat Registered User regular
    I want to get into arena runs, but the whole process feels above my head. Would people be open to a stream to yell the correct thing to do while I ineptly slap cards onto a table later this week?

VRXwDW7.png
  • Options
    Lord DaveLord Dave Grief Causer Bitch Free ZoneRegistered User regular
    I just ran a Shaman arena deck with 6 fire elementals. Good times.
    2 of my losses were due to my own Mad Bomber choosing exactly the worst possible outcome.

mkc.png
  • Options
    And how do people fucking always have black knight

• Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    I'm assuming because they felt the meta was heavy with taunt minions and crafted it accordingly.

• Options
    No I mean how do people always have it right after I play sludge belcher, no matter what turn it is. It's nearly impossible to recover from the tempo swings of black knight and bgh.

• Options
    InqInq Registered User regular
    And how do people fucking always have black knight

Because they mulliganed a 4-drop and got Black Knight as a replacement. Its a good thing that everyone's running Sludge Belcher.

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    No I mean how do people always have it right after I play sludge belcher, no matter what turn it is. It's nearly impossible to recover from the tempo swings of black knight and bgh.

because the entire reason you run black knight is to kill sludge belcher because it's in literally every deck

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    I hate sludge belcher so much that I refuse to run it.

I lose a lot.

• Options
    Related news, silencing sludge belcher feels like sex.

• Options
    its still a 3/5 so

• Options
    i love how most games nowadays are decided on whether or not the other guy played undertaker coin leper gnome

no wait i fucking hate that shit

nerf undertaker

• Options
    fRAWRstfRAWRst The Seas Call The Mad AnswerRegistered User regular
    For real

undertaking becomes a real problem real quick

J3qcnBP.png
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    dUXeCcz.jpg

55cPUJk.jpg

(he siphoned it, i topdecked highmane, gg)

Beasteh on
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    that was a weird as hell warlock deck with haunted creepers, harvest golems, sludge belchers, doomguards and siphons

a combination of double creepers, snake trap and unleash the hounds got me that ridiculously buff hyena

Beasteh on
  • Options
    SnowglobeSnowglobe Registered User regular
    Yikes.

How did you manage that on turn 4? Coined out hyena + UtH, maybe with beasts already on the board/hunter's mark?

This discussion has been closed.