As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Halloween Pins

FrostbyteFrostbyte Registered User regular
I just realized there has been no chatter about the possibility of a new Halloween Pin set this year. So their either won't be one, or it's going to be a surprise that just appears in the store at some point.

My gut tells me that they will not not be releasing any :( What do you guys think?

• orthancstoneorthancstone TexasRegistered User regular
    edited October 2014
    I'm guessing no as well.

Maybe a Thanksgiving set? I strongly doubt it, but why not speculate for fun. Pilgrim Tycho and Gabe :o

(On a side note, this made me think of something, but I'll make a new thread instead of train wreck this one.)

orthancstone on
    PAX South 2018 - Jan 12-14!
    Pins!
  • TheAggroCraigTheAggroCraig Ultimate Lucky Douchebag MassachusettsRegistered User regular
    I doubt it, especially since the ones from last year never sold out.

• DuckieDuckie Squirrel Squad Sydney, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    considering day 1 of PAXaus is halloween I highly doubt they will release a halloween set this year, given how busy they tend to be around pax times...

Pinny Pals Lanyard | I make things!!

[X]PAXsouth 2015
    [X]PAXaus 2015
    [?]PAXeast 2016 ???
  • PedroAsaniPedroAsani Brotherhood of the Squirrel [Prime]Registered User regular
    If PAX Aus continues to be at this time, I don't think there will be a Halloween Set for a few years. Printing deadlines and such. They would need to design them in May, and Brian didn't order scarves for Prime because it was summer when he needed to order and "who needs scarves in summer?"

• JuicesirJuicesir The Boy with the D&D Tattoo Registered User regular
    I highly doubt they'd release yearly holiday sets. MAYBE Thanksgiving, or ones they haven't touched on before. Summer sets as well. But I think the Halloween Set and Christmas set are probably going to see a few years between the originals and a remake. That's at least how Disney does it.

• 00Fayt0000Fayt00 Registered User regular
    UNLESS THEY MAKE THEM A PAX AUS SET FIRST SINCE IT FALLS OVER HALLOWEEN.

(You can thank me later US pals from starting your squirrels up. ;) )

• AyefkayAyefkay Queensland, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited October 2014
    Halloween in my family is giving candy to 'obviously too old for this holiday' teenagers or else theyll egg or TP our lawn. We LITERALLY offer a sacrifice to ward off evil spirits..... sorry if i dont share the sentiment, halloween just doesnt feel like a big deal here in Aus

Ayefkay on
    My PinnyPals Digital Lanyard: Now Up to date! https://pinnypals.com/pals/Ayefkay

8fuuo_RK.png
  • QumadenQumaden World's Mightiest Mortal Registered User regular
    Ayefkay wrote: »
    Halloween in my family is giving candy to 'obviously too old for this holiday' teenagers or else theyll egg or TP our lawn. We LITERALLY offer a sacrifice to ward off evil spirits..... sorry if i dont share the sentiment, halloween just doesnt feel like a big deal here in Aus

It's that way here in America too. Some people enjoy the holiday, other don't. I'm on board with the the "meh" camp.

• adambargadambarg Forward the Pinglorious Basterds!Registered User regular
    I wouldn't mind seeing last year's set reposted; my holiday trade stock is wiped out.

I know they indicated they wouldn't, but if they've got the stock on hand, might as well move it.

ChMDm4Y.png
    edited October 2014
    Well well well!

http://store.penny-arcade.com/products/pinny-arcade-halloween-2014-pin-set

Edit: Link had been broken, works again.

orthancstone on
    Pins!
  • DuckieDuckie Squirrel Squad Sydney, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Oh. My. God.
    I freaking love it! <3

Pinny Pals Lanyard | I make things!!

[X]PAXsouth 2015
    [X]PAXaus 2015
    [?]PAXeast 2016 ???
  • TheAggroCraigTheAggroCraig Ultimate Lucky Douchebag MassachusettsRegistered User regular
    My bad

• dchoydchoy OregonRegistered User regular
    My bad

Didn't the ones from last year sell out since there is no way to buy the set anymore?

PAX Prime attendee since 2008.

Another year of Prime gone by... commence the struggle!

https://www.pinnypals.com/pals/dchoy
  • dmosineedmosinee Davenport, IARegistered User regular
    I think there wasn't a fixed quantity, just a fixed time period in which you can order.

IE. Anyone who gets in there and orders by November can get a set, but after that it's gone for good.

Digital Lanyard, I love trades - https://www.pinnypals.com/pals/dmosinee
    http://pinmash.info - Two pins enter, one pins leaves... then the other pin leaves with a lower Elo rating
  • FitzchivalryFitzchivalry PAXAUS Cookie Brigade Coordinator Orrstrahleeeeah mate!Registered User regular
    Just a heads up to the Aussies, but Brian has advised on twitter that there is 0 chance of the pin getting to Aus, so make sure you place your preorders :)

• timebeingtimebeing Registered User regular
    dchoy wrote: »
    My bad

Didn't the ones from last year sell out since there is no way to buy the set anymore?

Not completely "sold out". They had a few they were selling at Comic-Con, and hinted at the fact they may take whatever is left To PAX Aus to sell there since shipping makes it hard for Australia to get the online only pins. (Halloween and Xmas pins from last year)

• AyefkayAyefkay Queensland, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Ordered a set and got the last few KI pins to finish that set. This is a good day.

My PinnyPals Digital Lanyard: Now Up to date! https://pinnypals.com/pals/Ayefkay

8fuuo_RK.png
  • Jake CappsJake Capps Patrick Space Force Base, FloridaRegistered User regular
    It goes to show you anyone on the forums claiming to know what's going on or have some type expertise with pins is full of it.

X4hAlPn.png

My Pinny Pal's Lanyard

"Players are artists who create their own reality within the game." - Shigeru Miyamoto
  • zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited October 2014
    Jake Capps wrote: »
    It goes to show you anyone on the forums claiming to know what's going on or have some type expertise with pins is full of it.
    Is that what happened? This thread reads to me like speculation with the general thought being "nah there probably won't be a Halloween set". I didn't see anyone claim expertise or say they have some super secret inside info that turned out to be bs. I mean, obviously they would have just been proven wrong if they did, but I don't think that happened here.

I do agree with you that "pin expertise" would be a dubious claim, but, again, I'm not seeing people do that here.

zerzhul on
  • FrostbyteFrostbyte Registered User regular
    My only disappointment is that sexy nurse Gabe isn't sexier. I would have gone skin-tight and thrown in some cleavage.... and a seductive expression lol

• QumadenQumaden World's Mightiest Mortal Registered User regular
    Frostbyte wrote: »
    My only disappointment is that sexy nurse Gabe isn't sexier. I would have gone skin-tight and thrown in some cleavage.... and a seductive expression lol

They have websites for that I'm sure. I think the "sexy level" is just about where it needs to be.

• PedroAsaniPedroAsani Brotherhood of the Squirrel [Prime]Registered User regular
    Qumaden wrote: »

They have websites for that I'm sure. I think the "sexy level" is just about where it needs to be.

I'm sure Mu is going to do something with this, and I wouldn't be surprised if she also did something with the third panel of this.

• CptVonKillingtonCptVonKillington Registered User new member
    PedroAsani wrote: »

I'm sure Mu is going to do something with this, and I wouldn't be surprised if she also did something with the third panel of this.

That ship sailed 3 years ago. (Forum Thread)

PedroAsani wrote: »

That ship sailed 3 years ago. (Forum Thread)

I meant more along the line of the Tycho/Straub fanshipping, and probably with Nurse Gabe watching. If she isn't too busy drawing thousands of Aquabats.

• CowpuppyCowpuppy Squirrel Squad (EAST) Registered User regular
    Halloween pins are shipping, y'all. Got confirmation on my two sets today.

Pins! Pins everywhere!
    Looking for Pins: DLC

There has been an awakening. Have you felt it?
  • Geometric CubeGeometric Cube Registered User regular
    edited November 2014
    How long will the Halloween set be available to purchase? I might buy a few extra to use as trades once they are no longer available to buy from the store. But I'm waiting on my e-mail for my discount code and stuff from joining Club PA, all though I don't want to wait too long and miss out on getting some extra sets... :bigfrown:

Geometric Cube on
  • dmosineedmosinee Davenport, IARegistered User regular
    Our Halloween sets arrived yesterday, and they look awesome! I do notice a small difference from the released art though; Bride of Frankenstein Anne looks to have a white/ivory dress on the released illustrations, but the dress on the pin itself I'd call rose or light pink.

DEEEEEEEP CROOOOOOOOW!

Digital Lanyard, I love trades - https://www.pinnypals.com/pals/dmosinee
    http://pinmash.info - Two pins enter, one pins leaves... then the other pin leaves with a lower Elo rating
    How long will the Halloween set be available to purchase? I might buy a few extra to use as trades once they are no longer available to buy form the store.

No way to know for sure, but Brian usually tweets out info about the store's pin availability on Twitter (Retnus is his username there).

Last year's set lasted for a while (well into 2014), so I wouldn't be too worried about it disappearing anytime soon.

Pins!
    I really like these pins. I suspect/hope that once these pins leave the store, there will be a strong flow of trading for Nurse Gabe, kind of like how a lot of people really like Witch Annarchy.

Pins! Pins everywhere!

Cowpuppy wrote: »
    I really like these pins. I suspect/hope that once these pins leave the store, there will be a strong flow of trading for Nurse Gabe, kind of like how a lot of people really like Witch Annarchy.

I think people like Witch Annarchy because it's a cute pin. In that sense don't you think Bride of Frankenstein Anne would be the one people want?

Also I got the cardboard backs @Cowpuppy‌, thanks again!

dchoy wrote: »
    Cowpuppy wrote: »

I think people like Witch Annarchy because it's a cute pin. In that sense don't you think Bride of Frankenstein Anne would be the one people want?

Also I got the cardboard backs @Cowpuppy‌, thanks again!

Hmm, maybe. I think Nurse Gabe will do well because it's an inherently funny pin. Bride of Frankenstein Anne will probably also do well from this set, but in my opinion it's not as cute as last year's Annarchy. That's just me, though. So who knows! I think people will need to bring their extras to PAX and report back, because that's where popularity of a pin (independent of rarity) becomes clear.

And you're very welcome!

Pins! Pins everywhere!

I definitely agree that Witch Annarchy is a way cuter pin. It's the hair that throws this one off.. :P