As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Marvel Comics January 2007 Solicits (Preview)

• deadonthestreetdeadonthestreet Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    Bloods End wrote:
    Mai-Kero wrote:
    I haven't read annihalation and I am only vaguely familair with Nova from New Warriors....just how powerful is he when he goes all out?

He has the entire Nova force inside him now, where previously it was spread out among hundreds of thousands of people who all had basically the power of a green lantern.

So he's is fucking rippppped!

Shot answer; Parallax. With less evil crazy.
    Ion.

Geeze guys. Why does no one remember Ion?

deadonthestreet on
  • Bloods EndBloods End Blade of Tyshalle Punch dimensionRegistered User regular
    edited October 2006
    Bloods End wrote:
    Mai-Kero wrote:
    I haven't read annihalation and I am only vaguely familair with Nova from New Warriors....just how powerful is he when he goes all out?

He has the entire Nova force inside him now, where previously it was spread out among hundreds of thousands of people who all had basically the power of a green lantern.

Ion.

It's because I know of Ion from the current run, and as of yet Kyle hasn't done anything super fantastic yet. Pretty much he's just visited Mogo, beat up Nero and sent a bounty hunter into deep space.

When he starts ending wars with a wave of his hand, then we'll talk

Bloods End on
  • BlankspaceBlankspace __BANNED USERS regular
    edited October 2006
    Bloods End wrote:
    Bloods End wrote:
    Mai-Kero wrote:

Ion.

It's because I know of Ion from the current run, and as of yet Kyle hasn't done anything super fantastic yet. Pretty much he's just visited Mogo, beat up Nero and sent a bounty hunter into deep space.

Didn't he actually do that in some JLA book? There was some kind of huge alien invasion, the JLA was about to form an offensive, the aliens dissapear and Kyle says "I sent them away." or something like that. I'm 95% sure this happened.

Blankspace on
    SIG.gif
  • Sars_BoySars_Boy Rest, You Are The Lightning. Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    Bloods End wrote:
    Bloods End wrote:
    Mai-Kero wrote:

Ion.

Didn't he actually do that in some JLA book? There was some kind of huge alien invasion, the JLA was about to form an offensive, the aliens dissapear and Kyle says "I sent them away." or something like that. I'm 95% sure this happened.

Maybe when he was "super god-like could control fucking time itself Ion" and not just "Green Lantern but also with Jade powers Ion".

Sars_Boy on
    edited October 2006
    Sars_Boy wrote:
    Bloods End wrote:
    Bloods End wrote:
    Mai-Kero wrote:

Ion.

Maybe when he was "super god-like could control fucking time itself Ion" and not just "Green Lantern but also with Jade powers Ion".

I think that was World War 3. And he was regular Kyle.

Damnit Ron Marz he's supposed to be the protector of the universe. Make him do something more then what any green lantern can do.

Bloods End on
  • OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    If it's Captain Marvel, then it might be an Earth-based one, especially if one doesn't count Phyla-Vell; Mar-Vell, Monica Rambeau, and Genis or alien, Earth, alien. Plus, it's doubtful that anyone will be coming from space concidering the Annhilation Wave and all.

Another possibility when it comes to the special is Rick Jones. Sure haven't seen him in a while and concidering it's still hero-vs-hero, I'd be surprised if he doesn't give his own two cents about the entire deal somewhere.

Owenashi on
  • ServoServo Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited October 2006
    Bloods End wrote:
    Sars_Boy wrote:
    Bloods End wrote:
    Bloods End wrote:
    Mai-Kero wrote:

Ion.

I think that was World War 3. And he was regular Kyle.

Damnit Ron Marz he's supposed to be the protector of the universe. Make him do something more then what any green lantern can do.

no, it was ion

the other leaguers had to have a talk with kyle because he was protecting the world so efficently that

a they didn't have anything to do

and

b he was taking away human ability to deal with problems (!!!)

Servo on
    newsigs.jpg
  • FuruFuru Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    Joe Q. did say it was someone that's been appearing for a while now.

Furu on
  • Caveman PawsCaveman Paws Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    That star symbol also looks alot like Longshot's symbol. Though that would make no sense and would not get a build up like the one we are seeing. The reason I bring it up is because it's 2am and I can't sleep...

Damn you coffee, you told me you were decaff!

DECAFF! *screams ala Kirk in Wrath of Kahn*

Caveman Paws on
  • Toji SuzuharaToji Suzuhara Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited October 2006
    That star symbol also looks alot like Longshot's symbol.

That would simultaneously be the best and worst twist ever.

Toji Suzuhara on
    AlphaFlag_200x40.jpg
    edited October 2006
    civil war is all a mojoverse very special episode on the importance of friendship

Servo on
    newsigs.jpg
  • FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    edited October 2006
    That star symbol also looks alot like Longshot's symbol.

That would simultaneously be the best and worst twist ever.

If all of this just happened to be something for his luck. Would this make him as powerful as The Magician in Ultimate?

Fencingsax on
  • augustaugust where you come from is gone Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    Servo wrote:
    civil war is all a mojoverse very special episode on the importance of friendship

:^:

august on
  • Bad KarmaBad Karma Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    Servo wrote:

AnimalMan03-003smcopy.jpg

Bad Karma on
    Xbox Live: Ornery Rooster
    PSN: OrneryRooster
    edited October 2006
    Full solicts are up: http://www.newsarama.com/marvelnew/Jan07/solicitations.html
    Some favorites of mine:
    CABDPL036_colcov.jpg
    XFACT015cov_col.jpg
    NEWAVNIL002_col.jpg
    ANNIHI006_cov.jpg
    AOATLAS006_COV.jpg
    and finally...
    IRONFIST003_cvr_col.jpg
    :shock:

Blankspace on
    SIG.gif
  • RocielRociel Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    Cue 12 page discussion about how Taskmaster's UDON costume was better.

Rociel on
    Too big sig. 500x80 plzkthx.
  • robosagogorobosagogo Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    Deadpool looks like a fish, and who's that robot?

robosagogo on
    edited October 2006
    robosagogo wrote:
    Some guy from Agents of ATLAS. I just really like the cover.

Blankspace on
    SIG.gif
    edited October 2006
    I loves me some Iron Fist.

That sounded wrong.

Bloods End on
    edited October 2006
    NEXTWAVE: AGENTS OF H.A.T.E. #12
    Written by WARREN ELLIS
    Pencils and Cover by
    STUART IMMONEN
    To all those who HAVEN’T been buying NEXTWAVE– Thanks a lot, jerks! This is the last issue! To all those who HAVE been buying NEXTWAVE– YOU RULE!! Do not miss this pulse-pounding conclusion to the greatest work of western literature EVER! Hamlet? Horrible. War and Peace? What-a-joke! The Great Gatsby? The Great Lame-by, maybe. Those works are going to be moved to the Bad Section of your local bookstores after this issue comes out. Don't miss this or you won’t know what your children’s children are reading in school.
    32 PGS./Parental Advisory …$2.99

WHAT!?

Also, are they gonna ignore the fact that Deadpool and Taskmaster at least have a mutual respect for each other?

Sars_Boy on
  • robosagogorobosagogo Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    Sars_Boy wrote:
    Written by WARREN ELLIS
    Pencils and Cover by
    STUART IMMONEN
    To all those who HAVEN’T been buying NEXTWAVE– Thanks a lot, jerks! This is the last issue! To all those who HAVE been buying NEXTWAVE– YOU RULE!! Do not miss this pulse-pounding conclusion to the greatest work of western literature EVER! Hamlet? Horrible. War and Peace? What-a-joke! The Great Gatsby? The Great Lame-by, maybe. Those works are going to be moved to the Bad Section of your local bookstores after this issue comes out. Don't miss this or you won’t know what your children’s children are reading in school.

WHAT!?

http://community.livejournal.com/scans_daily/2526077.html?#cutid1

robosagogo on
    edited October 2006
    Spider-Man

[spoiler:2335b7b05e]Back to the classic costume[/spoiler:2335b7b05e]

deadonthestreet on
    edited October 2006
    robosagogo wrote:
    Sars_Boy wrote:
    Written by WARREN ELLIS
    Pencils and Cover by
    STUART IMMONEN

WHAT!?

http://community.livejournal.com/scans_daily/2526077.html?#cutid1

Well, at least we'll get those specials.

Sars_Boy on
  • DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    edited October 2006
    Sars_Boy wrote:
    Also, are they gonna ignore the fact that Deadpool and Taskmaster at least have a mutual respect for each other?

I think that storyline's all about Deadpool dealing with his past.

DJ Eebs on
    edited October 2006
    NEWAVNIL002_col.jpg

OH SNA -

august on
    edited October 2006
    Seriously, why give it to Reed?

I mean yeah most of them are total dicks and bad people.

Just give it to Strange. You know he'll use it right.

deadonthestreet on
    edited October 2006
    Omnipotent Namor ftw.

august on
  • Dex DynamoDex Dynamo Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    I like Namor Cradling X in his bosom.

Also, Iron Man going for a high five.

Dex Dynamo on
  • MarathonMarathon Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    Seriously, why give it to Reed?

I mean yeah most of them are total dicks and bad people.

Just give it to Strange. You know he'll use it right.

My guess is that Strange would turn it down, Prof. X too.They would both realize right away that thing is nothing but trouble.

Reed would probably be content to just run experiments on it.

Marathon on
  • BiggNifeBiggNife Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    Rociel wrote:
    Cue 12 page discussion about how Taskmaster's UDON costume was better.
    I've always preferred his classic costume. Like Wizard wrote in a issue a while back, George Perez knows how to make a guy intimidating: give him a friggin skull face.

BiggNife on
  • DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    edited October 2006
    That Taskmaster vs Deadpool art is damn terrible. You should not be able to see someone's lips if they are wearing a mask like that, unless that mask is made of latex paint or something, much less should they be able to open their jaw in some kind of primal yell.

Also, Tasky's old costume is not bad, but it has been drawn poorly lately. It is very tricky to draw the old costume correctly. It just has so much... stuff on it that it is very hard to believe a melee-based character who mimics Daredevil, Spiderman, Hawkeye, Captain America and so on would be able to move like any of them wearing a giant cloak and 60 pounds of weapons. The newer costume actually looks like something you could wear to do stuff like that in, with the possible exception of the hood.

Didn;t that artist draw Blade vs Punisher or something? The terrible-ness looks very familiar.

That Iron Fist art, on the other hand, is about the best thing I have seen this month, coverwise. Interesting to see him holding guns. Iron Fists indeed. What horror of horrors is that in the background?

DouglasDanger on
  • FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    edited October 2006
    robosagogo wrote:

Why do I see Morph instead of Deadpool?

Fencingsax on
  • DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    edited October 2006
    Newsarama WW Chicago 06 Iron Fist talk

I wonder if that Iron Fist with the guns and vaguely concentration camp looking background is his predecessor or something. Hm. Marvel could use a gunslinger hero that is not an old Marvel Westerns character. Those are cool, but something new would be neat.

DouglasDanger on
  • Adaemus1sfAdaemus1sf Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    I love that interview. "There's... a lot of dudes that need to get kicked in the face." That convinced me to try the book right there.

Adaemus1sf on
  • The Muffin ManThe Muffin Man Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    Dex Dynamo wrote:
    I like Namor Cradling X in his bosom.

Also, Iron Man going for a high five.

"Dude! I TOLD you it'd be Retconned with Infinity Gauntlet! Up top, Steve!"

The Muffin Man on
  • OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    Here's my choices for top (or at least eye-catching) covers done for Marvel in January.

XFIRSTC005_COV.jpg
    ULTSM104_col.jpg
    SPACK003_cov.jpg
    SENSAT034000_col.jpg
    PUNMAX043_COV.jpg
    NWcvr012.jpg
    NEWUNIVERSAL_2.jpg
    MYTHGR001_cov.jpg
    MSMARV011v2_covcol.jpg
    MASPOT014_COV-1.jpg
    MARVADVFF020_cov.jpg
    MARADVSM023_COV.jpg
    MARADVAV009_COV.jpg
    HFH_6cover.jpg
    EXILS090_COVER.jpg
    BULLETPOINTS_03.jpg
    AVNNEXT005CVR_col.jpg
    ATOZHBU001_COV_col.jpg
    ASPIG004_la_col.jpg

Owenashi on
    edited October 2006
    every nextwave cover looks exactly the same

Servo on
    newsigs.jpg
    edited October 2006
    Is that Power Pack thing in continuity? You know, with Venom and all?

august on
    edited October 2006
    Servo wrote:
    every nextwave cover looks exactly the same

Every issue of Nextwave is kind of exactly the same. So there you go. Not that I don't enjoy it.

august on
    edited October 2006
    also, tales of ex-iron fists would be so badasss

the extra s is for how badass it is

ALSO

madrox in hydra?

Servo on
    newsigs.jpg