As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

PS4 importing games.

azith28azith28 Registered User regular
Hi.

I was thinking about importing a PS4 Japanese game. I know its not region locked so i should be able to play it in the US, but what im wondering about is how to get any DLC that interacts with it. Can i change my region to japan on my US PS4 so i can connect to the japanese PS store and download any DLC key offers that come with the game? Do American DLC's work on the japanese game? or am i just not going to have any DLC available on my american PS4? Would entering in the Japanese DLC Key into the american store correctly download the Japanese DLC without even me bothering with the region settings?

Thanks for the help.

Stercus, Stercus, Stercus, Morituri Sum

• Options
    HakuninHakunin Registered User regular
    edited October 2014
    DLC is tied to the region the game came from. You'll have to create a Japanese PSN account and buy it from the JPN store if you wanna buy DLC for an import. Same goes for JPN codes, they need to be redeemed in the JPN stone.

You'll just need the account to buy the stuff, you can play it all on your regular account.

Hakunin on