As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

PAX Aus official pin announcement(s)

Drayven_DarkoDrayven_Darko Canberra, AustraliaRegistered User regular
edited October 2014 in Pinny Arcade
10712808_862919933742648_4618722785386146054_n.png?oh=0e1e0a64d35428057cc50f37d9b73376&oe=54F2DA6B

MTG pin was just announced on facebook

For those of you playing at home, that's planeswalker Sarkhan Vol

"Sometimes I doubt your commitment to 'Sparkle Motion'."
Drayven_Darko on

• Options
    darkinferodarkinfero BOP-IT Malden, MARegistered User regular
  • Options
    TheAggroCraigTheAggroCraig Ultimate Lucky Douchebag MassachusettsRegistered User regular
    I don't play MtG, but that is fucking rad.

• Options
    AyefkayAyefkay Queensland, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Very sick indeed.

My PinnyPals Digital Lanyard: Now Up to date! https://pinnypals.com/pals/Ayefkay

8fuuo_RK.png
  • Options
    purevalpureval Somersworth, NH Registered User regular
    I called that pin and man do I want it. I really need a friend in Australia.

• Options
    QumadenQumaden World's Mightiest Mortal Registered User regular
    That's pretty baller, I was hoping for Sorin, but he makes more sense with the current block story line...oo maybe we'll see Sorin at South!

• Options
    dchoydchoy OregonRegistered User regular
    The setup and design almost feels like a KI pin. I too really need to know some people in Australia... lol

PAX Prime attendee since 2008.

Another year of Prime gone by... commence the struggle!

https://www.pinnypals.com/pals/dchoy
  • Options
    PedroAsaniPedroAsani Brotherhood of the Squirrel [Prime]Registered User regular
    And so it begins...

• Options
    PedroAsani wrote: »
    And so it begins...

Not beginning quick enough imo...

My PinnyPals Digital Lanyard: Now Up to date! https://pinnypals.com/pals/Ayefkay

8fuuo_RK.png
  • Options
    Ayefkay wrote: »
    PedroAsani wrote: »
    And so it begins...

Not beginning quick enough imo...

Hey, right now if time is moving slower in Aus and the US, that works for me. I'm racing to get visa paperwork completed so I can make the flights. US bureaucracy is The Worst.

• Options
    Maybe im checking too frequently, but i keep thinking "damn, still 3 weeks to go" Maybe next week ill start to feel the excitement but at the moment PAX isnt coming soon enough!

8fuuo_RK.png
  • Options
    foehammerfoehammer procrastinator extraordinaire melbourneRegistered User regular
    Maybe im checking too frequently, but i keep thinking "damn, still 3 weeks to go" Maybe next week ill start to feel the excitement but at the moment PAX isnt coming soon enough!

15 days isnt 3 weaks man is it all but 2
    15 DAYS 11 HRS 52 MINS 44 SECS

• Options
    edited October 2014
    OH GOD YOU'RE RIGHT PANIC MODE COMMENCED

Ayefkay on

8fuuo_RK.png
  • Options
    fishfishmonkeyhatfishfishmonkeyhat Freelance Pin Man Newcastle, AustraliaRegistered User regular
  • Options
    FitzchivalryFitzchivalry PAXAUS Cookie Brigade Coordinator Orrstrahleeeeah mate!Registered User regular
    Well here is another announcement. Thanks to the amazing crew at Media Molecule, Cookie Brigade at PAX AUS will have a NEW. YES NEW!!!! PIN AVAILABLE!

xVpoUnZ.jpg

It will available from our brigadiers for a minimum donation of $15 with ALL PROCEEDS WILL BE GOING TO CHILDS PLAY CHARITY!
    So cough up extra for an amazing cause! ;)

Subscribe to twitter updates from #cookiebrigade for times and locations!

Enjoy!

• Options
    BekerBeker Child's Play Program Director SeattleRegistered User, Penny Arcade Staff regular
    Will you be carrying around tons of shirts and pins as well as cookies? will you have little carts to haul all this merch? :-)

-Beker/Erick
    zx6ak2M.png
  • Options
    FitzchivalryFitzchivalry PAXAUS Cookie Brigade Coordinator Orrstrahleeeeah mate!Registered User regular
    edited October 2014
    Beker wrote: »
    Will you be carrying around tons of shirts and pins as well as cookies? will you have little carts to haul all this merch? :-)

Nah I'll just store them at Info Booth. I've heard the IB manager is amazing and brilliant and really likes to assist with storage areas for stuff like this. 8-)

*EDITED FOR CLARITY* They will be stored in super secret Cookie HQ and made available at various times during the con by our brigadiers. They will not be available through the InfoBooth or from any enforcers.

Fitzchivalry on
  • Options
    QumadenQumaden World's Mightiest Mortal Registered User regular
    You got your pin in my charity, you got your charity in my pin...you got your chocolate in my peanut butter...just...shut up and take my money!

• Options
    Fitz I'll happily store the pins at Kookaburra theatre for you.

• Options
    Current breakdown:
    PAX Aus 2014 Core Set (TBA ~$30) - Purchase at Merch Booth
    PAX Aus 10th Anniversary (TBA ~$15) - Purchase at Merch Booth
    MTG Sarkhan Vol - Play demo at MTG booth in Tabletop
    Tearaway ($15 or more) - Make donation to Cookie Brigade
    Tin Man Games - TBA, probably play demo at their booth.

• Options
    BekerBeker Child's Play Program Director SeattleRegistered User, Penny Arcade Staff regular
    Nah I'll just store them at Info Booth. I've heard the IB manager is amazing and brilliant and really likes to assist with storage areas for stuff like this. 8-)

You were told wrong.

-Beker/Erick
    zx6ak2M.png
  • Options
    TheAggroCraigTheAggroCraig Ultimate Lucky Douchebag MassachusettsRegistered User regular
    I've gotta give credit to Sony, these pins for child's play are the best way to get these in people's hands, while still advertising their game nobody bought.

• Options
    I bought Tearaway. It was excellent.

• Options
    Wait, so is it the tearaway pin? Or a NEW design, from the tearaway game? If its Mediamolecule themed i hope its an LBP sackboy

8fuuo_RK.png
  • Options
    Wait, so is it the tearaway pin? Or a NEW design, from the tearaway game? If its Mediamolecule themed i hope its an LBP sackboy

Its a new pin - see the poster. Its the female character in the bottom right corner :)

• Options
    00Fayt0000Fayt00 Registered User regular

The pin is shown above in the bottom right.

• Options
    Aussie BenAussie Ben AustraliaRegistered User regular
    The pin and shirts look really cute! I know nothing about the Cookie Brigade though, so I have no idea how I'll be able to get them. =/

• Options

Its a new pin - see the poster. Its the female character in the bottom right corner :)

Aaah ok, i havent played it so that looked pretty similar to me

8fuuo_RK.png
  • Options
    Aussie Ben wrote: »
    The pin and shirts look really cute! I know nothing about the Cookie Brigade though, so I have no idea how I'll be able to get them. =/

I'm sure there won't be as many of them at Aus, but the Cookie Brigadiers will travel around and sell cookies to people in lines usually, so if you're at any big panels you'll spot them. They usually wear bright blue shirts (I think?) and big pins and whatnot. They make themselves known, and the people with pins will also yell and shout they're selling pins for charity.

I know they go to other stuff too, but the lines are where I see them at least... and at the very least I'd expect them to be at your pin trading event.

• Options
    Aussie BenAussie Ben AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Ah, I see! I'll be tethered to a booth, so it seems unlikely that I'll see them if they're wandering around. Fingers crossed that I can catch someone.

Sounds like a nice cause, though! =)

• Options
    edited October 2014
    Thanks for the synopsis @‌theaggrocraig . Minor clarifications - yes our brigadiers wander the con, armed with delicious cookie goodness for all attendees.

We do not sell the cookies - they are free to anyone who would like one.
    We do however collect donations for Child's Play Charity, and while you are not required to, we would appreciate you making a donation if you take a cookie. All the money goes to CP, which is an amazing cause.

I am in the final stages of organising tshirts/hoodies for our Brigadiers, which will clearly mark us as brigadiers, however not all of our members have one. If they have an embroidered badge and a large swag of cookies on them its a good guess they are members. If you ever have any concerns with the authenticity of someone collecting for Cookie Brigade please PM me or tweet me @danhore or @cookie_brigade and we can alleviate any of your concerns.

@cookie_brigade on twitter will also tweet our locations at various times through the con.

We will also have a large lanyard full of the above pins which is a good indicator ;)

Fitzchivalry on
  • Options
    @cookiebrigade on twitter will also tweet our locations at various times through the con.

Is that the correct twitter handle?
    Joined 2009, 3 followers, 0 tweets?

• Options
    @cookie_brigade looks like the correct one.

• Options
    @cookie_brigade looks like the correct one.

Le fail. My bad :)

• Options
    dchoydchoy OregonRegistered User regular
    I've gone to pax prime since 08 and cookie brigade has never said cookies are free. Lol. I've always heard donate and get a cookie. I've donated several times but hearing cookies are free is news to me. I donated $20 last year and had to request a second cookie. >_>

PAX Prime attendee since 2008.

Another year of Prime gone by... commence the struggle!

https://www.pinnypals.com/pals/dchoy
  • Options
    dchoy wrote: »
    I've gone to pax prime since 08 and cookie brigade has never said cookies are free. Lol. I've always heard donate and get a cookie. I've donated several times but hearing cookies are free is news to me. I donated $20 last year and had to request a second cookie. >_>

They are free, I was given a charitable cookie at Prime last year. I made a point to find them later when I had been to a cashpoint and throw money at them. It's a technical arrangement because they aren't allowed to sell food on premises (vendors get real mad about having competition) so it's a lot like "yes, they are free *looks meaningfully at donation bucket*" but they do understand that sometimes you medically need a cookie, just to make it through a panel or queue.

• Options
    darkinferodarkinfero BOP-IT Malden, MARegistered User regular
    I been thinking about this. What if Pax Aus has the same amount of pins like last year.
    Aus shield, aus 2014 and the one magic pin.

My Pin collection
    signature_zpsna6t17lm.png
    Pinny Pal since PAX Prime 2013
  • Options
    zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    Cookies from cookie brigade are and should always be free. Yes they will ask for donations, but if you ask for a cookie they should give you a cookie. That's been the way it is supposed to work.

• Options
    JKwonJKwon Portland, ORRegistered User regular
    zerzhul wrote: »
    Cookies from cookie brigade are and should always be free. Yes they will ask for donations, but if you ask for a cookie they should give you a cookie. That's been the way it is supposed to work.

I always felt bad about taking a cookie without donating.

PAX Prime 2010 [x]
    PAX Prime 2011 [x]
    PAX Prime 2012 [x]
    PAX Prime 2013 [x]
    PAX Prime 2014 [x]
    PAX Prime 2015 [x]

https://pinnypals.com/pals/5Panel
  • Options
    00Fayt0000Fayt00 Registered User regular
    zerzhul wrote: »

I watched a Brigader have a bidding war start over a cookie last year. It was the last one that he had and two people wanted it so they started bidding on it. I think it went for like $15 or something like that. It was amusing to watch.

(This is totally off topic of AUS pins btw…)

• Options
    DuckieDuckie Squirrel Squad Sydney, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    darkinfero wrote: »
    I been thinking about this. What if Pax Aus has the same amount of pins like last year.
    Aus shield, aus 2014 and the one magic pin.

Except we already know there is going to also be a new Tearaway pin and a pin for Tin Man Games at the very least :P

Pinny Pals Lanyard | I make things!!

[X]PAXsouth 2015
    [X]PAXaus 2015
    [?]PAXeast 2016 ???