As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Magic: the Gathering] Durdle turtle's a big hurdle.

• KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    I'm still not sure about how I felt about drafting M15. It felt like no matter what deck I was building, it was trying to win by being gimmicky. I can't remember building just a solid reliable deck; everything was just "well, let's see if I can pull these weird shenanigans off" or "do you have removal for my bomb? yes/no/maybe"

• FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    M15 was meh, but it wasn't nearly as bad as M14.

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • LucedesLucedes might be real Registered User regular
    this is exactly the reason they're not making any more core sets. they're not exactly... fun? comparatively.

• astrobstrdastrobstrd So full of mercy... Registered User regular
    M15 was a perfectly serviceable draft format. Every color combo had a gimmick and there was some room for innovation. M14 was a wet turd. I love playing control, but when aggro (and white) are unplayable, then every draft seems to boil down to who got passed an opportunity. If you think modern core sets are bad, try drafting 7th edition sometime.

Plus, worst modern limited set can't be a core set, since Avacyn Restored and Triple Coldsnap are much worse.

Selling the Scream Podcast: https://anchor.fm/jeremy-donaldson
  • admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Triple GTC was also pretty bad.

• silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    admanb wrote: »

Force Boros all day every day.

• LucedesLucedes might be real Registered User regular
    i feel like a superhero.

i just destroyed my local FNM with roughly the same decklist as Mike Sigrist.

• FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    admanb wrote: »

Force Boros all day every day.

At least it was over quick.

I'll take a fast agro-heavy format (GTC, ZEN) over a slow format any day.

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

• astrobstrdastrobstrd So full of mercy... Registered User regular
    Ahh...Zendikar...the only limited format where Sphinx of Jwar Isle is a worse first pick than Goblin Shortcutter

Selling the Scream Podcast: https://anchor.fm/jeremy-donaldson
  • PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    INN/INN/INN and ROE/ROE/ROE were still the best draft formats ever.

Sitting on my unopened case of each, waiting for days rainy enough and 7 people willing enough.

Those were among the only formats in history where you drafted a deck and not a pile of cards. And it rewarded niche choices. Very nice.

• IoloIolo iolo Registered User regular
    Pinfeldorf wrote: »
    INN/INN/INN and ROE/ROE/ROE were still the best draft formats ever.

Sitting on my unopened case of each, waiting for days rainy enough and 7 people willing enough.

Those were among the only formats in history where you drafted a deck and not a pile of cards. And it rewarded niche choices. Very nice.

Those were both fantastic draft formats. I still might prefer triple RAV or OTJ, but INNx3 and ROEx3 were both top notch.

Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
    Getting started with BATTLETECH: Part 1 / Part 2
  • silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    Draft Spider Spawning all day, every day. My favorite limited archetype of all time.

• slappybagslappybag Local Badass Minnesota, USARegistered User regular
    Delve deck is coming along nicely. Anyone know of any older cards that might work with a big graveyard?

• The BetgirlThe Betgirl I'm Molly! Registered User regular
    Lhurgoyf! Tarmogoyf! Unless you're actually delving.

Steam PSN: YerFriendMolly
    ineedmayo.com Eidolon Journal Updated
    edited October 2014
    slappybag wrote: »
    Delve deck is coming along nicely. Anyone know of any older cards that might work with a big graveyard?

Wood Elemental can fill your graveyard.

Feral on

Feral wrote: »

Wood Elemental should actually be filling landfills.

yikes

ive found interesting cards like this

bH5e53M.png

• TheLawinatorTheLawinator Registered User regular
    3 mana 3/1 is actually nuts.

My SteamID Gamertag and PSN: TheLawinator
  • KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    Speaking of old cards that are good with big graveyards, check out Songs of the Damned.

• TheLawinatorTheLawinator Registered User regular
    Songs of the damned is a part of a pauper combo deck. It isn't good.

My SteamID Gamertag and PSN: TheLawinator
    KalTorak wrote: »
    Speaking of old cards that are good with big graveyards, check out Songs of the Damned.
    i have 2 of those in there.

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/delvegraveyard-use/
    ^^not entirely up-to-date

i recently traded for the sultai khan and threw him in there

• Foolish ChaosFoolish Chaos Registered User regular
    Whats the best way to sell a few singles, in your opinions? I have never bought/sold the cards I've owned, but on a whim I decided to buy a box of KoT and apparently the "fair trade" price on a few of the cards I opened could pay for nearly the entire box. Namely a Sorin, Dig Through Time, and 5 fetchlands. This is assuming that the fairtrade price is something I could ask for, but I'm guessing its an established reseller price?

• KelorKelor Registered User regular
    Ebay is your best bet.

Check on other auctions before you list them, but TCGplayer mid is a good starting point.

Or use them to trade for what you need elsewhere. All of those cards are in fairly heavy demand at the moment so you can trade them for whatever you need.

Whats the best way to sell a few singles, in your opinions? I have never bought/sold the cards I've owned, but on a whim I decided to buy a box of KoT and apparently the "fair trade" price on a few of the cards I opened could pay for nearly the entire box. Namely a Sorin, Dig Through Time, and 5 fetchlands. This is assuming that the fairtrade price is something I could ask for, but I'm guessing its an established reseller price?
    http://www.tcgplayer.com/ is where i buy singles and booster boxes usually

sometimes ebay for boxes

• NyhtNyht Registered User regular
    I know we're getting close to getting locked out of this thread but those new Planeswalker Commander decks have got me SUPER excited!

Nyht wrote: »
    I know we're getting close to getting locked out of this thread but those new Planeswalker Commander decks have got me SUPER excited!

635503477634202761.png

UHMUHGUH

• PapillonPapillon Registered User regular
    Goodbye reanimator, goodbye Natural Order.

Papillon wrote: »

Show and Tell

In Commander, it fucks Kaalia, Derevi, Roon, Tooth and Nail, Genesis Wave, Deadeye Navigator, Restoration Angel

It also does nasty things with Flickerwisp, Cloudshift, etc.

• VyolynceVyolynce Registered User regular
    Papillon wrote: »

Show and Tell

It actually gets both halves of Sneak & Show, among many, many other things. Another fine hate card for dredge too, as it hoses Bloodghast, Narcomebea, Ichorid, (Sun Titan, sometimes) and of course Dread Return.

nedhf8b6a4rj.jpgsig.gif
    AC:NH Chris from Glosta SW-5173-3598-2899 DA-4749-1014-4697 @vyolynce@mastodon.social
    In Commander, it fucks Kaalia, Derevi, Roon, Tooth and Nail, Genesis Wave, Deadeye Navigator, Restoration Angel

Well, Cloudshift can only target your own creatures, but Flickerwisp and Otherworldly Journey get real interesting.

Well, Cloudshift can only target your own creatures, but Flickerwisp and Otherworldly Journey get real interesting.

Right! That.

Also shuts down Mike & Trike.

• IoloIolo iolo Registered User regular
    Wow. That's a pretty serious hoser.

Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
    Getting started with BATTLETECH: Part 1 / Part 2
    edited November 2014

At that point you might as well just Mistmeadow Witch and be done with it.

EDIT: Oh gods. Sudden Disappearance. One-sided Final Judgment seems good.

Vyolynce on
    nedhf8b6a4rj.jpgsig.gif
    AC:NH Chris from Glosta SW-5173-3598-2899 DA-4749-1014-4697 @vyolynce@mastodon.social
    New info coming from Pax

TlVhtp6.jpg
    NaeCsDr.jpg
    FEVqmHf.jpg

• WingedWeaselWingedWeasel Registered User regular
    Doubt this will get answered in this thread before the lock but I can hope. Anyone know of any consistent vintage streamers? I really want to get into the format but I want to do my homework first before taking a $1k+ jump for something I lay only play sparingly

also, does anyone play tribal? The only consistent thing I am aware of is tribal apocalypse but I am not a big fan of their rotating structure. I have some thoughts about the format (legacy tribal wars), in regard to how to "fix" it but I it is all theory as I haven't actually played in a while. My main complaint is it is similar to commander, you have to go out of your way to not break things...which is why I avoid commander. I want to be more competitively minded but you can't really do that without having problems.

Elspeth vs... Kiora?

I mean... I guess they've done something like white vs. red/green before (Knights vs. Dragons was white/green vs red, yes?), but Elspeth vs. Xenagos was kind of the story for the block, wasn't it? And Elspeth's last DD was already vs. Blue (Tezzeret).

Doubt this will get answered in this thread before the lock but I can hope. Anyone know of any consistent vintage streamers? I really want to get into the format but I want to do my homework first before taking a $1k+ jump for something I lay only play sparingly

If you haven't checked out Randy Buhler's "Vintage Super League" I suggest you do so immediately.

nedhf8b6a4rj.jpgsig.gif
    @WingedWeasel The tribal scene on MTGO has, as far as I'm aware, basically completely dissolved. There used to be weekly-ish tribal tournaments run by AJ Impy and Winter Wolf. Maybe try to get into contact with one of those folks and see if they know the scoop.

This discussion has been closed.