As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Camp Weedonwantcha by Katie Rice — Au Naturel

DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
edited October 2014 in Camp Weedonwantcha

imageCamp Weedonwantcha by Katie Rice — Au Naturel

Read the full story here

Unknown User on

• ComradebotComradebot Lord of Dinosaurs Houston, TXRegistered User regular
    That's a sneaky kitty.

• grenligrenli Registered User new member
    Beauty suffers?

• ReplicanttenReplicantten Registered User regular
    edited October 2014
    Surely more healthy than industrial waste and carcinogens called make ups, but not smarter. Once again. great take on a important subject. Great bash against vanity, bimboism and ignorance.
    Comradebot wrote: »
    That's a sneaky kitty.

Yes but a close one.

Replicantten on
  • JermsJerms Registered User regular
    LOL! "I look good in lyme" might just be the best one-liner in the strip yet. And not because it has no competition, but because it was so good. :D

• InvisibleInvisible Registered User regular
    edited October 2014
    Laughed way too hard at "I look good in lyme." Don't worry, it's all organic.

Invisible on
  • DublinDublin Registered User regular
    Ah, so bee-stung lip is the official name for duck face? I'll be sure to keep that in mind.

• tinwatchmantinwatchman Registered User regular
    Wait... so they live in a forest with *scorpions*?

Technically only a moderate step down from smearing one's eyes with lead products (e.g. kohl). Humanity: risking poison to look awesome since 800 BCE.

• evileeyoreevileeyore Grognard 100 hurricane swampRegistered User regular
    TINWATCHMAN "Wait... so they live in a forest with *scorpions*?"

Yes? You do know scorpions are found in almost every biome right? Swamp, desert, prairie, forest, etc...

• piyoaaapiyoaaa Registered User regular
    girls are scary....erm, I mean mystery.
    they risk their life for beauty.

• FieryCocoaFieryCocoa Registered User regular
    Hi Katie

• SargeSarge Registered User regular
    That can't be good for the ear.

• PsycheRachPsycheRach Registered User regular
    Hahaha, gross. That's so funny.

Your art is great as always!

• Joe EnglandJoe England Registered User regular
    Hmm... looks like a wood tick. She probably doesn't need to worry about Lyme disease. It's the tiny little deer ticks that you have to watch out for.

• Zazu YenZazu Yen Senior Developer San FranciscoRegistered User regular
    "Remember, it's better to look good than to feel good, & you look mahvelous"
    - Fernando Lamas

ExistentialExistenceException: Your thread encountered a NULL pointer and entered a state of non-being.
  • KrispyKrispy Registered User new member
    edited October 2014
    I can't even look at this comic because of the tick in her ear. I have an irrational fear of ticks, mainly because of a bad camping trip where I woke up with several ticks on my neck. I also got Lyme disease from another camping trip. Haven't had much luck with camping. XD

Krispy on
  • metfanscmetfansc Registered User regular
    Good comic as usual, kitty likes yellow berries, but then again maybe not.

• LonesnipaLonesnipa Registered User new member
    EVILEEYORE You do realize that some people live in those Biomes and have never seen a scorpion right? Because oddly enough a forest in say, Ontario, is different from a forest in say, the Bible Belt? Or even New York?

Incidentally I don't think he was surprised they were there so much as horrified.

• nurglingnurgling Registered User new member
    Based on the wildlife we've seen, I think the camp is in the Pacific Northwest. It is the only reasonable place you would find scorpions, mountain lions, opposums, and beavers.

LONESNIPA - That sums it up.

• XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
  • GreysPrincessGreysPrincess Registered User new member
    A facebook friend had linked to today's comic, so I read it without any context or any clue what this comic is about. I have since read every single strip and look forward to keeping up with updates. You had me at "I look good in lyme!"

Krispy wrote: »
    I can't even look at this comic because of the tick in her ear. I have an irrational fear of ticks, mainly because of a bad camping trip where I woke up with several ticks on my neck. I also got Lyme disease from another camping trip. Haven't had much luck with camping. XD

Better steer clear from camp Weewantickya then.

• Vee_LeighVee_Leigh Registered User new member
    It's like when Victorian women used Arsenic skin creams...

• DrAlleconDrAllecon Registered User regular
    Maybe she's born with it, maybe it's ticks and scorpions.

• hibryd7hibryd7 Registered User regular
    I like the panel row-to-joke ratio, and I love how the jokes combo with each other and don't let you get back up.

Float like a butterfly, sting like a scorpion.

DrAllecon wrote: »
    Maybe she's born with it, maybe it's ticks and scorpions.

Oh yeah, she is worth it.

• FieryCocoaFieryCocoa Registered User regular
    edited October 2014
    So why'd these two get dropped at camp?
    I'm gonna go with "parents acquired wealth through hardwork, couldn't stand how flakey their kid turned out"

FieryCocoa on
  • Dennis D.Dennis D. West Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Well, I just spend a fun-filled afternoon catching up on all the Skadi comics. Now I'm here! How did I get here. Where even am I. I... Oh! I'm at Camp Weedonwantcha! Yay!

• ProfessorBillProfessorBill Registered User new member
    brilliant

• MLG PRO NUGGET MLG PRO NUGGET Registered User regular
    tics yaya

• MRTFMRTF Registered User regular
    I recall it was before the medieval era when women still used some material that contained deadly mercury as cosmetics. There were more very harmful products, but I only remember this one.

They were pretty for the end of their lives. But it was because they died so young.

On a sidenote: mercury also caused a lot of trouble when it got to the water system. Mines were sometimes built too near to fresh water sources and occasionally accidents like this happened.

• ErikuzumaErikuzuma Registered User new member
    Hey look, it's the "When it's October 11th you can just feel it!" girl that I've been wanting to see again ever since that one comic when she said that.

• petrepanpetrepan Registered User new member
    Actually, @MRTF, it's more recent than that! As late as the 1920s and 30s women were using radium to make their teeth and lips glow! This was great until their bones all dissolved. It was the "clockmaker's disease," and the clock companies refused to pay up for making women lick radium without protection until a coroner could prove the connection. One woman's jaw dissolved so horribly her dentist literally lifted her jawbone out of her face with his fingers to remove it! Women today, in many, many countries still use a number of toxic things to make them look beautiful.

Which is why I don't wear make-up. Today's newest Maybelline might be tomorrow's horrible radium story…you never know until decades later, sometimes.

• Laika ClementineLaika Clementine Registered User regular
    I like Lucy. She needs more appearances in the strips you know?

Is Lori the blonde one and is Anne the brunette? Or at least that's what I think...

• KraznyKrazny Registered User new member
    Is this another one of those super-sneaky kitties?
    6th frame, above and oh-so-slightly to the left of the highest pink flower, with almost exactly the same color as the "farthest" green