As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

LE Carl Pin

• 00Fayt0000Fayt00 Registered User regular
    Hmm, I'm thinking about this. I will be on a Southwest flight....which means I SHOULD be able to buy the inflight wifi. Does anyone know if I do that, if I'll be able to get do something like buy this pin mid-flight? :)

• El_FunkoEl_Funko Perth, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Do they have wifi internet when flying over the ocean? I thought that was only on domestic flights because they can use a satellite connection for internet access.

• fishfishmonkeyhatfishfishmonkeyhat Freelance Pin Man Newcastle, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    El_Funko wrote: »
    Not sure what you mean by THAT Thursday, but check out the handy spreadsheet Zerzhul included above for the times in different regions.

The Thursday most out-of-staters will be heading down to PAX. Wait, that's the Thursday AFTER this coming one.

Guess you're flying to Melb a week early?

Anyway, disregard. ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

• grgemonkeygrgemonkey Registered User regular
    On a similar vein topic to this, if anyone has a spare Hanna and is coming to Aus, keep it for me to trade please :D

@Fitzchivalry I will have a few Hannas at Aus :)

As for the Carl pin, I'm SUPER EXCITED, this just skyrocketed to my favourite pin ever :D

https://pinnypals.com - Be there or be your least favourite shaped pin. Pin trading and more.
    http://pinmash.info - Head-To-Head battle of pins! Choose the most desirable.
    http://pinnywise.com - iOS pin collection tracking app.
    ----
    My Delicious Pins For Trade
  • zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    I assumed it was this coming thursday.

• El_FunkoEl_Funko Perth, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited October 2014
    I think the confusion came up because most interstaters are flying into Melbourne just before the show, so fishfishmonkeyhat assumed the pin was going on sale next week since I said it happens just before my flight.

He didn't realise that I'm heading to Melbourne a week early for reasons. It's convenient that those reasons mean I'll be up early, ready and eager to place a Carl pin order!

El_Funko on
  • ancienteternityancienteternity Registered User regular
    Ayefkay wrote: »
    Annoying that i just recently preordered halloween and final ki pins.......i wonder if they will add it to that shipment if i ask politely

Lol, I get to ask AGAIN as they already refunded my shipping for the Halloween set by combining.

3HbAeAg.png

I'm ready for the next PAX already!
  • CowpuppyCowpuppy Squirrel Squad (EAST) Registered User regular
    Oh. I want this pin. I really want this pin. 5pm is obnoxious because I'm usually commuting home from work, but thankfully flextime will allow me to have my butt firmly planted in front of a computer when the pin drops, whether it's at home or at work.

Pins! Pins everywhere!
    Looking for Pins: DLC

There has been an awakening. Have you felt it?
  • AyefkayAyefkay Queensland, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    ok i am hella confused now.......WHICH THURSDAY IS CARL PIN BEING RELEASED???

the post says Thursday afternoon at 2:00pm PST doesnt mention 'next', so i'd assume its THIS thursday, 24th october. am i correct in thinking this?

My PinnyPals Digital Lanyard: Now Up to date! https://pinnypals.com/pals/Ayefkay

8fuuo_RK.png
  • FitzchivalryFitzchivalry PAXAUS Cookie Brigade Coordinator Orrstrahleeeeah mate!Registered User regular
    grgemonkey wrote: »
    On a similar vein topic to this, if anyone has a spare Hanna and is coming to Aus, keep it for me to trade please :D

@Fitzchivalry I will have a few Hannas at Aus :)

Ermagerd yay. Save me one (even though you don't seem to actually need any other pins. Do you accept beer? :P

• fishfishmonkeyhatfishfishmonkeyhat Freelance Pin Man Newcastle, AustraliaRegistered User regular
  • zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    thursday is the 23rd, not the 24th.

edited October 2014
    But it will be the 24th for us, Friday.

..right?

fishfishmonkeyhat on
  • AyefkayAyefkay Queensland, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    sorry yeah, i was looking at friday for Aus time.

But its THIS WEEK, correct?

My PinnyPals Digital Lanyard: Now Up to date! https://pinnypals.com/pals/Ayefkay

8fuuo_RK.png
  • TheAggroCraigTheAggroCraig Ultimate Lucky Douchebag MassachusettsRegistered User regular
    Ayefkay wrote: »
    sorry yeah, i was looking at friday for Aus time.

But its THIS WEEK, correct?

Yes, Mike says it in the article too just in case anyone needs some more words of wisdom.

• purevalpureval Somersworth, NH Registered User regular
    This coming up made me realize I never got my Club PA email with my new codes. Need to look into that. The discount code does change between "seasons" right?

• FitzchivalryFitzchivalry PAXAUS Cookie Brigade Coordinator Orrstrahleeeeah mate!Registered User regular
    pureval wrote: »
    This coming up made me realize I never got my Club PA email with my new codes. Need to look into that. The discount code does change between "seasons" right?

Yup new code for each period. Plus you get the additional $10 coupon.

• SerpicoBCSerpicoBC Registered User regular
    I love this pin and can't wait to get it. I'm a big fan of Carl.

• HingoHingo Minneapolis, MNRegistered User regular
    26 hours and 10 minutes until the F5 practice for Prime badges begins!

Pins for trade!
    2015 PAX Prime Omeganaut (I will forever hate Katamari)
    Stay hydrated, everybody.

• JKwonJKwon Portland, ORRegistered User regular
    Stay thirsty my friends.

PAX Prime 2010 [x]
    PAX Prime 2011 [x]
    PAX Prime 2012 [x]
    PAX Prime 2013 [x]
    PAX Prime 2014 [x]
    PAX Prime 2015 [x]

https://pinnypals.com/pals/5Panel
  • purevalpureval Somersworth, NH Registered User regular
    Everyone get so hammered you can't see straight so I have an easier time getting the pins I need.

• dchoydchoy OregonRegistered User regular
    I'm sure if you are there right when they go live you will get one.

PAX Prime attendee since 2008.

Another year of Prime gone by... commence the struggle!

https://www.pinnypals.com/pals/dchoy
  • RiokennRiokenn Registered User regular
    Anyone remember how long it took for the Hanna pins to run out? I'd assume today will be like that.

OmSUg.pngrs3ua.pngvVAdv.png
  • orthancstoneorthancstone TexasRegistered User regular
    20-30 minutes if I remember correctly. Closer to the 20 I believe.

I'm skeptical about it going that fast, though. Hanna hype brewed for a couple of weeks and had 500 fewer pins. This will likely go fast, but I'm not certain it'll be 20 minutes quick.

That being said: Refresh early and often. And watch the forums, because one of us will post the direct link promptly for sure.

PAX South 2018 - Jan 12-14!
    Pins!
    I just looked up the old thread and it was 22 minutes when Gabe tweeted that it was sold out.

I agree it probably won't go that fast, but it will go in under an hour I'm betting.

Thanks for finding that. I was trying to avoid digging for the tweet in question :o. That would've been a rabbit hole for my attention span...

Pins!
  • dmosineedmosinee Davenport, IARegistered User regular
    and if Carl is anywhere near as popular as Hanna was, he will probably be gone in a few hours.

If the stuff about Hanna posted above is correct, why would Mike downplay the demand, turning 20 minutes into a few hours? Was there some alternate way to purchase Hanna that lasted longer?

Digital Lanyard, I love trades - https://www.pinnypals.com/pals/dmosinee
    http://pinmash.info - Two pins enter, one pins leaves... then the other pin leaves with a lower Elo rating
    dmosinee wrote: »
    and if Carl is anywhere near as popular as Hanna was, he will probably be gone in a few hours.

If the stuff about Hanna posted above is correct, why would Mike downplay the demand, turning 20 minutes into a few hours? Was there some alternate way to purchase Hanna that lasted longer?

Well, one metric he could be leaning on would be the 15th Anniversary pin. That was a Limited Edition run of 2000. It took 24 hours to sell out, although most of them went in the first hour. 1200 of them sold in the first 20 minutes.

I doubt Carl will last hours though. If it gets to the hour mark, it'll be a handful remaining.

Pins!
  • darkinferodarkinfero BOP-IT Malden, MARegistered User regular

Well, one metric he could be leaning on would be the 15th Anniversary pin. That was a Limited Edition run of 2000. It took 24 hours to sell out, although most of them went in the first hour. 1200 of them sold in the first 20 minutes.

I doubt Carl will last hours though. If it gets to the hour mark, it'll be a handful remaining.

Factor in everyone is in Aus mode and not checking the news as such.

My Pin collection
    signature_zpsna6t17lm.png
    Pinny Pal since PAX Prime 2013

Hanna went on sale AFTER they did the whole Hanna story Arc on the main page on the comics. That lasted like 3 whole weeks or so. Automata is in a separate tab, and has only been mentioned here and there. While most people KNOW it, it hasn't been shoved in their face like Hanna was(which I'm glad Hanna was and honestly wish this one would be also). That is why I think the demand was so high for Hanna was it was right after the comics when it came out.

That being said, I'm still guessing around an hour if that.

I'm on IRC if people want to chat and wait to together.
    Join the #pinnypals on slashnet

My Pin collection
    edited October 2014
    So I set my alarm for 2 p.m. EST. And spent a solid ten minutes wondering what the holdup was.

SerpicoBC on
    I have a meeting from 1pm-2pm PDT. Pretty sure I need to bring my laptop to that meeting. For things.

Pins for trade!
    Hingo wrote: »
    I have a meeting from 1pm-2pm PDT. Pretty sure I need to bring my laptop to that meeting. For things.

"Look at @Hingo in Accounting. Always so productive."

I emailed penny arcade to get my club pa discount.
    I told them good luck on shipping out the carl pin.
    This is what I got back from them
    "Hey Anthony,

We prepped the Carl pins for shipping last night. Our body is ready!"

I love you to much PA.

My Pin collection
  • dchoydchoy OregonRegistered User regular
    SerpicoBC wrote: »
    Hingo wrote: »

"Look at @Hingo in Accounting. Always so productive."

I'm actually in accounting...lol

PAX Prime attendee since 2008.

Another year of Prime gone by... commence the struggle!

https://www.pinnypals.com/pals/dchoy
    @dchoy, I'm pretty sure we're all in accounting.

@SerpicoBC I'm in Quality, so more metrics than anything (driven by accounting). Right now I'm watching someone search for an email in one of his 8,000 folders in Outlook. Jealous?

Pins for trade!
    Oddly, a little.