As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[The Legend of Zelda] This thread only got a C rank. Shameful. Find the new one.

1939495969799»

• Options
    BronzeKoopaBronzeKoopa Registered User regular
    edited October 2014
    Certain combos like YYYX and YYYYX will mark enemies with the mini pink tornadoes (procs wind that Polarite describes). If you are lucky you can get 2-3 pink tornadoes after a combo, right in front of you, the perfect time to use strong attack to quickly create a giant tornado. I think any combo that doesn't cause electricity effects has a chance for pink tornadoes. It's very situational and luck based, so most of the time you're using your electricity combos to juggle enemies.

BronzeKoopa on
  • Options
    AbsoluteZeroAbsoluteZero The new film by Quentin Koopantino Registered User regular
    Just got to the Ganondorf section on Legend mode... This game has gotten to be a real slog. How much Legend mode do I have left?

cs6f034fsffl.jpg
  • Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Certain combos like YYYX and YYYYX will mark enemies with the mini pink tornadoes (procs wind that Polarite describes). If you are lucky you can get 2-3 pink tornadoes after a combo, right in front of you, the perfect time to use strong attack to quickly create a giant tornado. I think any combo that doesn't cause electricity effects has a chance for pink tornadoes. It's very situational and luck based, so most of the time you're using your electricity combos to juggle enemies.

Yeah, which is why it's mainly for hordes or long range juggling. Against a horde of enemies you're basically guaranteed a level 2/3 tornado to wipe them out with, and it's the longest range attack in the game if you have time to send the tornado out (it can go insanely far).

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    heenatoheenato Alice Leywind Registered User regular
    Just got to the Ganondorf section on Legend mode... This game has gotten to be a real slog. How much Legend mode do I have left?
    5 more missions, including all of the ganondorf ones...Might be 4.

M A G I K A Z A M
  • Options
    heenato wrote: »

3 ganondorf missions and then 2 more to wrap things up iirc.

• Options
    heenatoheenato Alice Leywind Registered User regular
    Polaritie wrote: »

Yeah. I just couldn't remember if it were 2 or just 1 wrap up mission.

M A G I K A Z A M
  • Options
    AbsoluteZeroAbsoluteZero The new film by Quentin Koopantino Registered User regular
    Polaritie wrote: »

Thank God.

This story just drags. I'm hoping Adventure Mode is more fun without a lame story dragging it down.

cs6f034fsffl.jpg
  • Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    Drags?

And here I thought it was way too rushed.

• Options
    Emperor_ZEmperor_Z Registered User regular
    Does anyone know specifically where the last two pieces of the giant boss illustration are? I only have one last legend mode skulltula to get, but there are three pieces left in the image.

• Options
    Capt HowdyCapt Howdy Registered User regular
    Good gravy, Impa is a devastator. I'm almost sad I'm only just now using her. But also happy since she is a great switch up from my usual Triforce trio runs.

Can't wait to get her to lvl 50 and unlock her 3 weapon.

Steam: kaylesolo1
    3DS: 1521-4165-5907
    PS3: KayleSolo
    Live: Kayle Solo
    WiiU: KayleSolo
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    Ooh boy. Agatha's level 3 is not going to be easy. 4-5+ Dinolfos at once, including boosted, on multiple spots on the map at the start. Including charging your base.

I got clobbered, but beat it... too slow as well (need a few more levels to shave that 16 to 15 min). At least I got past the space so I can get into that corner.

On the other hand? She absolutely kills humanoid weak spots... XY dodge forward repeat. Just continually juggle them until its broken.

Polaritie on
  • Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    What's the reccomended level for Ganondorf's level 3 mission?

I blazed through it with a B just now, as it's in the way of me reaching the level 3 Rapier.

• Options
    jothkijothki Registered User regular
    edited October 2014
    Zelda's BY seems to be surprisingly practical against single or multiple officers.

jothki on
  • Options
    Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular
    Emperor_Z wrote: »
    Does anyone know specifically where the last two pieces of the giant boss illustration are? I only have one last legend mode skulltula to get, but there are three pieces left in the image.

I'm looking for the last one myself, but I can't find it. I can tell where you it isn't, namely in Lana's rank 2 spear mission and in the one a few spaces to the right of the starting point where you have to play as Zelda ("deal with the reinforcements" or something like that). One of the three is in the mission immediately to the left of the starting square. I can't remember where I got the other one, sorry.
    Enlong wrote: »
    What's the reccomended level for Ganondorf's level 3 mission?

I blazed through it with a B just now, as it's in the way of me reaching the level 3 Rapier.

I'd say at least level 40, I think I beat it at 45.

Add me on Switch: 7795-5541-4699
  • Options
    ColumnColumn Registered User regular
    Emperor_Z wrote: »
    For what little time I've spent Skulltula hunting this list has been accurate for me. Should be able to pair the portrait you want with its location.

• Options
    Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular
    Add me on Switch: 7795-5541-4699
  • Options
    BronzeKoopaBronzeKoopa Registered User regular
    Enemy archers (or artillery as the game calls them, I guess for the Goron/Skullkid rock/bone throwers). They don't seem to be much of a threat? Even on hard difficulty they just sort of stand around, and don't seem to move around the battlefield much. You have to purposefully stand still to get them to even attempt shooting at you. Maybe they have an advantage over your allied grunts or something?

• Options
    Professor SnugglesworthProfessor Snugglesworth Registered User regular
    Nintendo trademarks "Hyrule".

https://oami.europa.eu/eSearch/#details/trademarks/013396338

Not going to lie, it would be pretty awesome if the next game was simply called "The Legend of Zelda: Hyrule".

Going for that obvious Skyrim comparison, but it also shows how confident Nintendo is with their open-world claims.