As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

BADA BOOM! REALEST WRESTLING THREAD IN THE ROOM!

19495969798100»

• Options
    Ms DapperMs Dapper Yuri Librarian Registered User regular
    This allows Rollins and Ambrose to take a natural break and then build up to a Wrestlemania match.

2ohWien.png
    Tumblr | Twitter PSN: misterdapper Av by Satellite_09
  • Options
    Dex DynamoDex Dynamo Registered User regular
    Hullis wrote: »
    it's gonna be fine, guys

tomorrow the ascension debuts in order to set up Team Wyatt vs Team Dean at SvS

It's the DEAN TEAM!

• Options
    CuvisTheConquerorCuvisTheConqueror They always say "yee haw" but they never ask "haw yee?" Registered User regular
    I do want to say, silliness aside, I thought that was a really strong show, with good-to-great matches up and down the card and a solid direction set for future storyline (mostly; I could do without yet another Cena/Lesnar match). All in all, I'm happy.

xderwsaxganu.png
  • Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    shoutouts to good divas matches with some decent time

• Options
    The Bellas match was legit, and that still scares and confuses me.

• Options
    NiryaNirya Registered User regular
    I am watching the PPV right now.

Cesaro/Ziggler was as good as expected. Would have liked a third fall but what we got was fantastic.

THE RACK ATTACK. AND A SECOND RACK ATTACK.

That match was great also.

This is all I have seen so far.

t70pctuqq2uv.png
    3DS: 2981-5304-3227
  • Options
    wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    Dex Dynamo wrote: »

They actually got the crowd invested by the end, which is amazing.

I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
  • Options
    Really excited for the future of the women's division right now, if that can be the standard from here out

don't let me down WWE

• Options
    facetiousfacetious a wit so dry it shits sandRegistered User regular
    I also thought the ending of Paige/AJ was a pretty clever way to set up a feud with Alicia.

It was a unique take on the "accidentally hinder when trying to help" gimmick.

"I am not young enough to know everything." - Oscar Wilde
    Real strong, facetious.

Steam: Chagrin LoL: Bonhomie
  • Options
    Really excited for the future of the women's division right now, if that can be the standard from here out

don't let me down WWE

It won't be on TV.

• Options
    facetiousfacetious a wit so dry it shits sandRegistered User regular
    Reiterating that I'd love if the WWE did a proper build to an Iron Woman Match.

I know realistically it will never happen for many reasons, but it'd be so cool.

"I am not young enough to know everything." - Oscar Wilde
    Real strong, facetious.

Steam: Chagrin LoL: Bonhomie
  • Options
    wirehead26 wrote: »

They actually got the crowd invested by the end, which is amazing.

it's honestly probably my match of the night for that simple reason: the Bellas got a crowd invested in one of their matches with sheer fucking ringwork

• Options
    I'm An Elk; Shoot MeI'm An Elk; Shoot Me It's Fiddler Crab Season! Registered User regular
    I don't really like the ending. Part of this is the problem with putting HIAC as a yearly PPV, and it's part of the thing that has caused it to lose almost all of the luster it once had. HIAC matches should be feud enders. Period. Two men go in and the better man comes out. When you treat it as just another PPV match, something to introduce new feuds, it just kills it.

Still, and I may be in the minority here, but I love dumb supernatural shit in wrestling. I don't know why. I just don't like it here, at this PPV, in this match.

No, you're 100% right. There's no point to HIAC anymore. The entire idea of it was it traps two guys in there with no one able to get in or out.

Rigging or screwy-finishing HIAC is just... dumb. Like, dumb in the sense of, it makes no sense even by wrestling's own messed-up rules. It's like, if that's how you want the ending, don't use that style of match. It's like having a lumberjack match and ending it with a countout.

• Options
    I don't really like the ending. Part of this is the problem with putting HIAC as a yearly PPV, and it's part of the thing that has caused it to lose almost all of the luster it once had. HIAC matches should be feud enders. Period. Two men go in and the better man comes out. When you treat it as just another PPV match, something to introduce new feuds, it just kills it.

Still, and I may be in the minority here, but I love dumb supernatural shit in wrestling. I don't know why. I just don't like it here, at this PPV, in this match.

No, you're 100% right. There's no point to HIAC anymore. The entire idea of it was it traps two guys in there with no one able to get in or out.

Rigging or screwy-finishing HIAC is just... dumb. Like, dumb in the sense of, it makes no sense even by wrestling's own messed-up rules. It's like, if that's how you want the ending, don't use that style of match. It's like having a lumberjack match and ending it with a countout.

The first ever HiaC ended due to a screwy finish. The second one featured Mick Foley agreeing to do extremely dumb shit, and the paramedics were forced to come out multiple times. Oh, and the Big Bossman was killed that one time.

Basically, let's not pretend there was ever really a point to HiaC besides that it provided a cool visual.

t70pctuqq2uv.png
  • Options
    The cage match keeping people out was a concept in wrestling that died LONG ago.

Hell, what was keeping the stooges or Kane from getting bolt cutters?

• Options
    edited October 2014
    Nirya wrote: »

The first ever HiaC ended due to a screwy finish. The second one featured Mick Foley agreeing to do extremely dumb shit, and the paramedics were forced to come out multiple times. Oh, and the Big Bossman was killed that one time.

Basically, let's not pretend there was ever really a point to HiaC besides that it provided a cool visual.

That's not even the second! The second was a tag team Hell in a Cell on RAW that ended in a No Contest.

Which only goes to prove your point.

Dex Dynamo on
  • Options
    Ms DapperMs Dapper Yuri Librarian Registered User regular
    Cage matches have more of a point then Hell in the Cell.

Hell in the Cell is the "barred from ringside so they are 100% going to come out" of match types.

2ohWien.png
    Tumblr | Twitter PSN: misterdapper Av by Satellite_09
  • Options

That's not even the second! The second was a tag team Hell in a Cell on RAW that ended in a No Contest.

Also pretty telling: most of the famous moments from HiaC take place OUTSIDE the structure. See: Michaels blood dripping down from the roof, Foley getting thrown off the structure, Rikishi getting chokeslammed onto a truck.

t70pctuqq2uv.png
  • Options

Also pretty telling: most of the famous moments from HiaC take place OUTSIDE the structure. See: Michaels blood dripping down from the roof, Foley getting thrown off the structure, Rikishi getting chokeslammed onto a truck.

also also telling: none of those happened AT HiaC, as I mentioned

• Options
    I'm An Elk; Shoot MeI'm An Elk; Shoot Me It's Fiddler Crab Season! Registered User regular
    wirehead26 wrote: »
    The cage match keeping people out was a concept in wrestling that died LONG ago.

Hell, what was keeping the stooges or Kane from getting bolt cutters?

Well, the same thing that stopped one of them from just going in with a taser and electrocuting their opponent until his limbs stopped working. Like I said, I'm talking about the logic within wrestling-world's own logic. HIAC definitely is supposed to imply this finality, two-men-enter-one-man-leaves concept. When they stray from that, like having six men in there at once or having magical interference or filling the cell with dogs or whatever, it kills the concept.

• Options
    Hullis wrote: »

also also telling: none of those happened AT HiaC, as I mentioned

This is also a very good point. Making HIAC a PPV has turned it from "oh my god he made it a HIAC match; this is a big deal!" to "oh, guess we gotta have two cell matches; who we going with?"

Yes, I know, I'm sounding like an old man telling the kids to get of his lawn or whatever but I dunno, just... HIAC used to mean something, I guess.

This discussion has been closed.