As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Its Fucking Halloween Douches. [Monthly Enrichment]

2»

• Options
    Angel_of_BaconAngel_of_Bacon Moderator mod
    edited October 2014
    Iruka wrote: »
    Maybe I'll do a more elaborate drawn version just to show that I'm still down with the Halloween spirit though.
    <Googles Kim Hyung-tae references>

Holy crap I forgot about that dude. If you can get that extra level back bend in there, that would be excellent.

Just in case anyone was wondering, this will not be happening.

I tried giving it a shot last night, using a genuine Kim Hyung-tae pose/painting as reference and 20 minutes in I had written "This is INCREDIBLY DISTURBING" in the margin. 20 minutes after that, it had become "This is INCREDIBLY DISTURBING HISTORY'S GREATEST MISTAKE". Shortly thereafter I deleted it, so no one else has to suffer/it doesn't get appropriated by the wider internet for non-joke purposes. D:

At least I learned some things:
    -Playing a joke completely straight is not always the best option.
    -My face + 'sexy' anime eyes and pouty lips DO NOT MIX.

EDIT: why did this have to be top of the page. whyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Angel_of_Bacon on
  • Options
    IrukaIruka Registered User, Moderator mod
    Im so sad I didn't get to see that. So sad.

• Options
    Sorry @Iruka, I know having the eyes melted out of your head is something you enjoy, but for those not into that I thought I'd spare them that particular horror.

Please accept as a consolation prize something a bit less DeviantArt fetishish and more eerie Halloween appropriate:
    treemon.jpg
    (damn working mostly with really dark values makes retaining colors when using Save to Web a major pain in the b-hole.)

• Options
    IrukaIruka Registered User, Moderator mod
    I accept. That's pretty sweet, man. Its like an evil groot.

• Options
    Thanks! I didn't initially have Groot in mind, but shortly into it I realized the comparisons would be inevitable.
    Now in my head it's got one of those Rocky and Bullwinkle double titles: 'Tune in next time for "Tree-mon", OR "Groot's Evil Twin?"'

• Options
    tapeslingertapeslinger Space Unicorn Slush Ranger Social Justice Rebel ScumRegistered User regular
    oh whoops so I forgot to progress post in here

so
    my friend asked me to help him be the King in Yellow
    so I borrowed a little from the imagery from True Detective and then ran with the Chambers novel and the Cthulhu Mythos interpretations of Hastur, the King in Yellow:

DSC_0189.jpg

I was pretty pleased with it

My fuzzball copilot:
    DSC_0200.jpg

DSC_0201.jpg

I did not get a picture WITH my wookittiee but hey, here is a picture of mine taken by my coworker who is usually a portrait photographer, but I really uh
    I felt pretty unphotogenic but I had a hell of a lot of fun
    slnh.jpeg