As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[TERA] This thread under questioning by child protection services. Check the new one.

• PailryderPailryder Registered User regular
    on my not ttt character i got the quest for the first "mini" epic weapon. i was nervous because i had finished the forest area where the things were supposed to drop but hadn't gotten the weapon yet. in chatting with someone (sorry i forgot who) it seems like that weapon was a big deal. i was happy to find out that the next area which was still in the 10-20 level range also dropped the items so eventually i was able to get 10 pieces and form voltron err i mean my staff of kicking butt.

just thought i'd pass that info on to anyone else as they are grinding up, don't panic if you finish the area that gives the quest but don't have the weapon yet!

• JaysonFourJaysonFour Classy Monster Kitteh Registered User regular
    Those bound weapons kick all the ass. There was a time where I was lighting up things in the first instance dungeon with my old archer and I was out-damaging most of the rest of the group with it. You make it, you sharpen it up to as high as you can get it, and you proceed to kick all the ass for a good long while with it.

steam_sig.png
    I can has cheezburger, yes?
  • SkutSkutSkutSkut Registered User regular
    That's been true for me too, but I got a blue that outdpsed the old one in the desert until I got the new glowy weapon of doom which +9d with only one fail.

And I've been cataloging my armors in SS's because they're amazingly silly.

• PailryderPailryder Registered User regular
    ah i need to screenshot all the armors...that's a great idea.
    also someone was chatting about costumes and i was mentioning the uniform but couldn't remember the name (it was cadet)
    https://store.enmasse.com/tera/items/costumes?page=8

• SkutSkutSkutSkut Registered User regular
    edited October 2014
  • Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    SkutSkut wrote: »

Yeah, I have seen it. I'm not keen on the hat or eyepad but I might just buy the scrubs from the broker if the price drops a bit. They're running like 20k last I looked.

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • ZombieSheepZombieSheep Registered User regular
    should I care about those Catharnach Awards quests?

• grouch993grouch993 Both a man and a numberRegistered User regular
    Which server are you folks playing on?

I have characters spread between Mount Tyrannus and whatever the hell the large PVE server was, TR? Eight 60s hanging out there, one of everything but the reaper.

Steam Profile Origin grouchiy
    Tempest Reach

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • IanatorIanator Gaze upon my works, ye mighty and facepalm.Registered User regular
    edited October 2014
    Tempest Reach.

On that note, got everything downloaded and stuff IRL taken care of. Might start playing tonight!

EDIT: Oh yeah, you guys just add the launcher .EXE to your steam shortcuts, right?

Ianator on
    steam_sig.png
    Twitch | Blizzard: Ianator#1479 | 3DS: Ianator - 1779 2336 5317 | FFXIV: Iana Ateliere (NA Sarg)
    Backlog Challenge List
  • ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    So, for the TTT characters (not in a group yet, but I'll show up anyway), is the plan to start from the absolute very beginning, or should people be going through the into section with them?

Elvenshae wrote: »
    So, for the TTT characters (not in a group yet, but I'll show up anyway), is the plan to start from the absolute very beginning, or should people be going through the into section with them?

From the beginning.

Ianator wrote: »
    EDIT: Oh yeah, you guys just add the launcher .EXE to your steam shortcuts, right?

Yes.

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    SkutSkut wrote: »
    That's been true for me too, but I got a blue that outdpsed the old one in the desert until I got the new glowy weapon of doom which +9d with only one fail.

And I've been cataloging my armors in SS's because they're amazingly silly.

There was an archer set that gave me a distinct .hack vibe because of the eye pattern. I loved how it looked. It lead to me adding "Phase 1: Skeith" and "Phase 6: Macha" to my playlist. There are some nice ones out there.

Newbie guide will be up tomorrow sometime, when I'm more coherent to get it done.

steam_sig.png
  • IanatorIanator Gaze upon my works, ye mighty and facepalm.Registered User regular
    Finally played tonight! Bold.Bigflank, Baraka Berzerker, is about Level 8 and entering the final portion of the starter area. P fun, though it would probably be more so with a good party.

steam_sig.png
    Twitch | Blizzard: Ianator#1479 | 3DS: Ianator - 1779 2336 5317 | FFXIV: Iana Ateliere (NA Sarg)
    Backlog Challenge List
  • BeezelBeezel There was no agreement little morsel..Registered User regular
    I think it'll be neat to finally see the Baraka capital city when the update hits

PSN: Waybackkidd
    "...only mights and maybes."
    ...well, I put in three hours on a newbie guide, and then found this: Beginner's Guide out there. It explains the in and outs of the system better than I ever could.

steam_sig.png
    Everything's better with cupcakes- even TERA. Will these do for the whole guild? :biggrin:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S7UD30Huz_k

steam_sig.png
  • ironsizideironsizide You must whip it Registered User regular
    My wife is a trained pastry chef so I'm so utterly spoiled when it comes to baked goods. As a result I look at a video like that, gringe, and go "How... PLEBIAN." Those need a good buttercream icing at the very least.

Yeah, I'm being hoity toity.

|_
    Oo\ Ironsizide
    camo_sig2.png
    Everyone all set for tomorrow night? Characters made, time slot reserved, cupcakes baked, found your way into the guild, etc?

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • heenatoheenato Alice Leywind Registered User regular
    All but the cupcakes...I cant bake.

M A G I K A Z A M
    Everyone all set for tomorrow night? Characters made, time slot reserved, cupcakes baked, found your way into the guild, etc?
    I should log in with my new character and get a guild invite ... I forgot to do that.

All set on my end! I might log on with an alt and start gathering stuff for crafting- figure that we could use some people to craft up some armor for people when they get to the appropriate level and such! I expect that we'll be hitting level ten or so by the time we get out of the Island of Dawn, and nice fresh suits of gear and weapons might just be a great gift where needed.

steam_sig.png
  • The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    I've been obsessively collecting krymetal ore on my warrior alt but have yet to actually figure out crafting. Partly because the level 10 quest they give you to learn crafting required a level 15 crafting recipe, and now that I can use it I'm too lazy to go back to the city :c

But yeah, I'm good to go for tomorrow.

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
    edited October 2014
    Crafting is a complete waste of time and effort before end game. Just hoard or sell the mats (you can make good money off them through the broker).

(opinion only. not documentable fact. ymmv. batteries not included.)

Pixelated Pixie on
    ~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • ZavianZavian universal peace sounds better than forever war Registered User regular
    edited October 2014

I'll be around after 7:00pm with my lvl16 character, I'll be on guildchat so if any group needs an alt I'll make one then depending on what class they need

EDIT: Unless there's enough extra players to get another group going, which I'd be totally down for

Zavian on
  • DoctorArchDoctorArch Curmudgeon Registered User regular

I'll be fixing my character up tonight.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6732-9515-9697
  • NosfNosf Registered User regular
    Tried to get on the other day, patcher still sucks. Spent 20 minutes trying to fix it before I threw up my hands and went back to WoW.

• MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    If Warlords of Draenor wasn't coming out in two weeks I may have joined in on this, albeit with the requirement that I be able to transmog my gear into non-skimpy armor.

Weird. Two years later, I've never had the game give me any trouble. :confused:

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • GlalGlal AiredaleRegistered User regular
    Huh, there's a stamina bar for gathering now? And lockboxes? I've been away a while...

• RadiationRadiation Registered User regular
    Glal wrote: »
    Huh, there's a stamina bar for gathering now? And lockboxes? I've been away a while...

You....pretty much have to gather all the things for a long ass time to empty it. I think. I've never really encountered issues with it.

PSN: jfrofl
    Ah good. I've not been playing long enough to gauge how quickly that thing replenishes with normal gameplay and after ArcheAge I was worried it'd be similar (labor points can go blow me).

• BeezelBeezel There was no agreement little morsel..Registered User regular
    I played this for the first time in ages yesterday and holy shit I am lousy at this now haha

PSN: Waybackkidd
    "...only mights and maybes."
  • CorriganXCorriganX Jacksonville, FLRegistered User regular
    Beezel wrote: »
    I played this for the first time in ages yesterday and holy shit I am lousy at this now haha

"Oh I havent played in like a year, I'll just log into my super have-to-evade-everything warrior and level some more in the high 50s. And I'm dead. Twice. Fuck."

n1woEHJ.png
    CorriganX on Steam and just about everywhere else.
  • destroyah87destroyah87 They/Them Preferred: She/Her - Please UseRegistered User regular
    CorriganX wrote: »
    Beezel wrote: »

"Oh I havent played in like a year, I'll just log into my super have-to-evade-everything warrior and level some more in the high 50s. And I'm dead. Twice. Fuck."

I had a similar deal picking up my 45 Lancer again: "Ok, have big pointy stick and board... how make Lance go?"

steam_sig.png
    I walked out of the camp area and lost half my health to two mobs stood outside it. Had to find some solo mobs and just use my abilities and remember what the heck the class did (especially with many critical abilities hidden behind combos).

Hit level 20 on my High Elven Slayer.

Holy cow does overhand slash really change things up. I straight up murdalize things now. Also, glyph it for 50% chance of no cooldown!

• KalnaurKalnaur I See Rain . . . Centralia, WARegistered User regular
    I MAY have to bow out early and/or miss tonight entirely. Sorry about this, but my mother is being released from the hospital today and apparently my wife and I are the only ones who can pick her up. :sad:

I make art things! deviantART: Kalnaur ::: Origin: Kalnaur ::: UPlay: Kalnaur
  • ironsizideironsizide You must whip it Registered User regular
    Good luck in that endeavor, @Kalnaur‌!

I may be around in guild chat continuing the learn the game with my lvl20 warrior. (Sure, pick one of the hardest to master classes as my learning experience!)

Just got a hold that mini-epic set of swords and fully enchanted them. Holy schnikies do they help make a world of difference! Before weapons: 1-3 iterations of my 2-move chain with some basic attacks weaved in. After: Opener and closer and bam: dead critter.

|_
    Oo\ Ironsizide
    camo_sig2.png
This discussion has been closed.