As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Non Pinny Arcade Gaming Pins collecting and trading

• miker525miker525 New YorkRegistered User regular
    Ayefkay wrote: »
    https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/731983185/hotline-miami-jacket-figure

I kinda want the pins, but i also REALLY want the figure... WHAT DO, GUYS?, WHAT DO?

I'm in the same boat. At this point it's looking like I'll probably just get this pins now, since their ks exclusive. I can buy the figure later on when I've got a bigger income

weZXr66.png
    Steam - Miker525 | Xbox Live - Miker525| PSN - MikeRosenberg
    Websites - Gamerations - MikeRosenberger.com
    Pinny Pals - Miker525
  • AyefkayAyefkay Queensland, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Same, im really trying to save up so i have plenty to splurge on PAXAUS merch

My PinnyPals Digital Lanyard: Now Up to date! https://pinnypals.com/pals/Ayefkay

8fuuo_RK.png
  • FrostbyteFrostbyte Registered User regular
    Ayefkay wrote: »
    Oh by the way, were there any exclusive blizzard pins from their new set at prime?

Nope. Should be at BlizzCon

• miker525miker525 New YorkRegistered User regular
    redfield85 wrote: »
    Anyone see the new Pokecenter Pikachu pin?

It is basically this Pikachu in pin form.

82jyh97g%2BQL.jpg

Really curious if anyone here has picked one of these up. Real interested in getting one but I'm curious how big it is and what the quality is. While I'm not a huge collectors of non-PA pins I really love pokemon. The price point is really messing with me, basically I'm just wondering if anyone who has it could verify it's worth it.

weZXr66.png
    Steam - Miker525 | Xbox Live - Miker525| PSN - MikeRosenberg
    Websites - Gamerations - MikeRosenberger.com
    Pinny Pals - Miker525
  • QumadenQumaden World's Mightiest Mortal Registered User regular
    miker525 wrote: »
    redfield85 wrote: »
    Anyone see the new Pokecenter Pikachu pin?

It is basically this Pikachu in pin form.

82jyh97g%2BQL.jpg

Really curious if anyone here has picked one of these up. Real interested in getting one but I'm curious how big it is and what the quality is. While I'm not a huge collectors of non-PA pins I really love pokemon. The price point is really messing with me, basically I'm just wondering if anyone who has it could verify it's worth it.

I saw two of them at PAX last week. They don't have as glossy a finish as most PA pins, but it still looked pretty high quality. I didn't handle it to check thickness or anything, but it was a little bigger than most average PA pins, and smaller than the 15th anniversary pin.

• CowpuppyCowpuppy Squirrel Squad (EAST) Registered User regular
    miker525 wrote: »

I got one, it's really nice. Qumaden's right that it's less glossy, but it's still very high quality. Size is right there with PA pins. It's actually got two posts, one for Pikachu's body and one securing his tail, I suppose because it sticks out so much. The rubber backs hold tight and two of them means it's super secure on a lanyard. As someone who loves Pokemon and hasn't collected any pins but PA pins, I think it's worth it.

Pins! Pins everywhere!
    Looking for Pins: DLC

There has been an awakening. Have you felt it?
  • fishfishmonkeyhatfishfishmonkeyhat Freelance Pin Man Newcastle, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Yes. I AM interested...

My PinnyPals Digital Lanyard: Now Up to date! https://pinnypals.com/pals/Ayefkay

8fuuo_RK.png
  • TheAggroCraigTheAggroCraig Ultimate Lucky Douchebag MassachusettsRegistered User regular
    Hopefully she has Stripsearch pins too, make sure you guys ask.

Is Katie going too? That would help with some missing pins for you guys too.

I believe Katie, Abby are confirmed, erika maybe i think she tweeted she was months ago, dont remember

8fuuo_RK.png
  • NefilyNefily Melbourne AURegistered User regular
    Awesome!!! I want the spoons one so bad!

Shot in the dark here...does anyone happen to have the Blizzard Tyrael pin from SDCC 2014 that they would be willing to discuss a pin trade for?

not yet :) after blizzcon when they go on sale they will be for sure

8fuuo_RK.png
    Qumaden wrote: »
    Shot in the dark here...does anyone happen to have the Blizzard Tyrael pin from SDCC 2014 that they would be willing to discuss a pin trade for?

I will in a few days lol. I actually had an extra but gave it to a friend. The Tyrael pin is actually my favorite one in the set. But ya, after BlizzCon I'll be fully stocked :)

I've read that they're going to go up on the Blizz store after Blizzcon. It's gonna be just the Series 1 from SDCC there right? Are they all blind box style? You seem to be quite the Blizz enthusiast Frost, so I'm asking you.

I've had my finger hovering over the buy it now button on a Tyrael pin on ebay because it's so badass, but that's the only non-Warcraft one I care for, but all the Warcraft 3 personalities are badass to me.

I think I have a pin problem guys...

edited October 2014
    The series one blind packs from SDCC are the same pins that will be sold at BlizzCon, with 1 exception. There will be a BlizzCon exclusive pin (Murky) available for sale as well. Blind pin packs are $4 each, and every pin has a gold chase variant. The SDCC exclusive pin, Patriot Raynor, will likely be floating around the pin boards as well.

Don't buy it from eBay... I promise I can get you one at BlizzCon haha.

And if you or anyone else is interested, wowhead had an exclusive Goodie Bag reveal posted today.

Frostbyte on
    4 Bucks a pop for a random from a choice of like ten? That's pretty good value and promotes trade pretty well. Being a giant billion dollar corporation has it's perks for sure. I saw the gold variants and didn't care for them.

How's the quality of the pins?

edited October 2014
    4 Bucks a pop for a random from a choice of like ten? That's pretty good value and promotes trade pretty well. Being a giant billion dollar corporation has it's perks for sure. I saw the gold variants and didn't care for them.

How's the quality of the pins?

I thought the same thing at first too, but man... In person they look great. They have a lot more detail.

Anyway, the quality is good. The back of the pins are not as polished as Pinnys, but I'd imagine that's going to improve withe series 2. Definitely a great value as trading pins go!

Frostbyte on
    Great, now I've got to do this thing too. With any luck that will cover all of my interests and I won't end up snorting pins off of a prostitute in Pusan South Korea

• rentfnrentfn Registered User regular
    I bought the Virtual Ticket and I was hoping the online store would have some more of the pins to get. The WoW 10 year pin looks fantastic.

• orthancstoneorthancstone TexasRegistered User regular
    rentfn wrote: »
    I bought the Virtual Ticket and I was hoping the online store would have some more of the pins to get. The WoW 10 year pin looks fantastic.

The store says it will update in early November with more gear, so I'm hoping we'll see the series pins at that point.

I ordered the 2014 BlizzCon pin and the 10 year WoW pin, but they haven't even shipped yet.

I got ahold of both Raynor pins after SDCC, I'm going to have to keep an eye out for Murky in case they don't put it up directly on the store.

PAX South 2018 - Jan 12-14!
    Pins!
  • gn0xgn0x Arizona, USARegistered User regular
    I'm looking forward to seeing what the pintrade scene will be like around the BlizzCon store. Next week is coming up so fast!

• adambargadambarg Forward the Pinglorious Basterds!Registered User regular
    I think I have a pin problem guys...

:)

ChMDm4Y.png
  • HingoHingo Minneapolis, MNRegistered User regular
    rentfn wrote: »
    Aaaaaand I don't see the 10 year pin in the store anymore. Do I look at it as saving me money, or keeping me from having another shiny trinket I need to display?

Pins for trade!
    2015 PAX Prime Omeganaut (I will forever hate Katamari)
    gn0x wrote: »
    I'm looking forward to seeing what the pintrade scene will be like around the BlizzCon store. Next week is coming up so fast!

If you look on the map, you can see that they actually have an area specifically designated for pin trading.

Frostbyte wrote: »

If you look on the map, you can see that they actually have an area specifically designated for pin trading.

I might see you there then! I'll bring my PA Pins (for trade). I was also thinking about doing Disney one day so I'll have those damn pins as well... my suitcase is getting heavier by the minute...

I was also thinking about doing Disney one day so I'll have those damn pins as well... my suitcase is getting heavier by the minute...

The good news about Disney is that you don't have to go into the park to see or buys 95% of their pins. There is a Pin Trading store at Downtown Disney, which is free. But if you wanted to go to the park to enjoy it, then sure.

As for seeing me up there, I'm sad to say that's unlikely :(. Odds are I'll be down in the registration hall working from 8am-10pm daily, if you want to swing by and say hello when you pick up your badge and goodie bag :)

• ClixClix This guy I know Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited November 2014
    Clix on
    Not pinny arcade, but i really want that set.....

8fuuo_RK.png
  • DegraineDegraine Pinsomniac Victoria, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    I don't know, they seem to have the same problem as the first Blizzard pins - too much detail and much too busy.

Agree for the clickers, but the Joel/Ellie pins are pretty sweet imo

8fuuo_RK.png
    edited November 2014
    gn0x was warned for this.
    Just got to BlizzCon. Got my first pin from the swag-bag... Gold Tyrael! So happy!!

mod edit: removed img tags from oversized img
    https://us.v-cdn.net/5018289/uploads/editor/tq/a542wlc4akml.jpg

zerzhul on
  • rentfnrentfn Registered User regular
    those look awesome!!!!! If you are up for grabbing a couple extra I can paypal you the cash.

• adambargadambarg Forward the Pinglorious Basterds!Registered User regular
    Does that have a dull finish like The Order, or is it just the picture?

ChMDm4Y.png
    The gold pins have the finish like the order pin, the regular are a glossy look

• ZeusheroZeushero PAX -E-ast Registered User regular
    If anyone at BlizzCon was able to get an extra Murky pin, I can send you money via paypal if you could get an extra for me. :(
    I got the SDCC exclusive pin and wish to get the Blizzcon as well

edited November 2014
    After a LOT of trading, I was able to get the full color set AND gold. Phew... They sold out completely of pins midday. So no restock tomorrow. I heard they are doubling up the pin trade area instead.

http://imgur.com/77Uex5C.jpg

gn0x on
  • orthancstoneorthancstone TexasRegistered User regular
    Epic purple lanyard? Watch out, it'll be replaced by a green next Blizzcon.

:D

PAX South 2018 - Jan 12-14!
    Pins!
  • Drowning RabbitDrowning Rabbit New HampshireRegistered User regular
    If anyone gets an extra of the Murky pin, I'd be down to pay you for that as well. >< Or hell the coin from HS I'm pretty into as well.

I'm greatly saddened that my people at blizzcon were unable to get me these pins.