As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[WOW] 6.0 Out now! Blizzcon INC Nov 7+8!

• kaidkaid Registered User regular
    Saldonas wrote: »
    I haven't played a lot of my shaman as enhancement since the patch but my thoughts is that unless you have a lot of haste, you're spending a lot of time waiting around for cooldowns and just auto-attacking.

If you take the echo of elements talent thats pretty much not the case. You wind up with very minor gaps here and there but you typically should always have something to do.

• JavenJaven Registered User regular
    I would really encourage you to try it now, as reports indicate the 85-90 experience is ridiculously fast now, especially if you run dungeons.

• BigityBigity Lubbock, TXRegistered User regular
    edited October 2014
    Not much. 85-90 xp has been drastically slashed as well. Though questing might be faster than instancing.

Bigity on
  • MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    kaid wrote: »
    I haven't played a lot of my shaman as enhancement since the patch but my thoughts is that unless you have a lot of haste, you're spending a lot of time waiting around for cooldowns and just auto-attacking.

If you take the echo of elements talent thats pretty much not the case. You wind up with very minor gaps here and there but you typically should always have something to do.

Echo is hands-down the worst choice in that tier now. The best one is currently the haste CD since you can pop it before Ascendance and blow things up.

• JavenJaven Registered User regular
    I've gotten a weird thing with enhancement, and only enhancement, where it feels like I'm missing with my special attacks, even though I'm behind the mob so parrying isn't really a thing. I know dual wielding still carries an innate chance to miss, but I thought that was only for white attacks?

• SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    Maintenance extended to 4 PM PDT, or 6 PM my time. Bah!

(Yep, this is the Tuesday maintenance I remember)

Javen wrote: »
    I would really encourage you to try it now, as reports indicate the 85-90 experience is ridiculously fast now, especially if you run dungeons.

I leveled a panda from 1 to 90 in the last week or so. With the panda monk XP buff daily thing and chain running dungeons as a tank panda I was making 11 levels a night in the 3 or so hours I play before bed.

• BubsBubs Not Burbs ChicagoRegistered User regular
    SteevL wrote: »
    Maintenance extended to 4 PM PDT, or 6 PM my time. Bah!

(Yep, this is the Tuesday maintenance I remember)

Having today off is the worst. Every Tuesday I wake up, get all my shit done for the day early, thinking "I'm going to log in to WOW and play for like 8 hours!"

Nope.

PSN: thewheelz
    Madican wrote: »

Echo is hands-down the worst choice in that tier now. The best one is currently the haste CD since you can pop it before Ascendance and blow things up.

Interesting I was trying that one and was not super impressed by it. I guess it depends if you are aiming for sustained DPS or burst DPS I would think echo is better for sustained DPS and lessening downtime gaps in the rotation where the haste CD is for burn phase cooldown popping.

• reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    edited October 2014
    And now, something a little different.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hiqAFeMAbb4

reVerse on
  • Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    really torn on what to do with the large plot; it seems like barracks is the way to go at first, and then probably the armory. I want a stables though :(

NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular

Interesting I was trying that one and was not super impressed by it. I guess it depends if you are aiming for sustained DPS or burst DPS I would think echo is better for sustained DPS and lessening downtime gaps in the rotation where the haste CD is for burn phase cooldown popping.

elemenal mastery pushes me so far past the GCD cap under heroism that it's functionally useless, especially since fights are so short now that there's often only one hero/burn phase anyway

maybe an argument could be made for it (or swiftness) if you could dump haste from all the rest of your gear, but I can't really do that and it probably wouldn't be optimal anyway except on a fight when you needed to max out a ~30s window and not worry the rest of the time

NREqxl5.jpg
    Elemental Mastery isn't intended to be used for Heroism, which lasts for 30 seconds. It's intended to be paired with Ascendance.

Also keep in mind that Icy Veins is all about 100 currently, not 90. Only two more weeks or so until WoD releases.

except that you want to be using ascendance during heroism?

I mean, obviously things will be different with the lower haste totals at 100. Right now it just seems pointless to me

NREqxl5.jpg
    Ascendance is a 3m CD. Elemental Mastery is a 2m CD. After Heroism ends you pop EM and then it's back up when Ascendance is off CD.

Elemental Mastery isn't intended to be used for Heroism, which lasts for 30 seconds. It's intended to be paired with Ascendance.

Also keep in mind that Icy Veins is all about 100 currently, not 90. Only two more weeks or so until WoD releases.

I can see how pairing it with ascendance with how short the fights are at the moment it could be very strong pre hero burn into heroism burn. Really though until we hit level 100 and start seeing fights that are not stupidly short its probably a bit hard to say. That said echo of elements to double blast flame nova after you spread flame shock to a bunch of stuff has been producing some numbers that make me giggle and from what I am seeing a lot of WoD raid fights have adds where this could be a thing.

• MuddBuddMuddBudd Registered User regular
    I'm still a little unclear on exactly what the profession buildings in the garrison do for people who do/don't have that profession.

For example, the Tannery, what does a Leatherworker get out of it that a non-Leatherworker doesn't?

There's no plan, there's no race to be run
    The harder the rain, honey, the sweeter the sun.
    Bubs wrote: »
    How lazy am I if I boost an 83 warrior? I was going to level him out and use it on a paladin, but after getting 5 characters 80-90 since early September, I... I just can't do it anymore. Basically, how long will it take me to level out if I'm chain running dungeons on full rested xp?

Have you done archaeology yet? Because that gets you a remarkable amount of XP.

I can see how pairing it with ascendance with how short the fights are at the moment it could be very strong pre hero burn into heroism burn. Really though until we hit level 100 and start seeing fights that are not stupidly short its probably a bit hard to say. That said echo of elements to double blast flame nova after you spread flame shock to a bunch of stuff has been producing some numbers that make me giggle and from what I am seeing a lot of WoD raid fights have adds where this could be a thing.

Oh, wait, you meant Enhancement and I misread it as Elemental.

I need work to end so I can get home and possibly take a nap.

MuddBudd wrote: »
    I'm still a little unclear on exactly what the profession buildings in the garrison do for people who do/don't have that profession.

For example, the Tannery, what does a Leatherworker get out of it that a non-Leatherworker doesn't?

Basically they give you more cool downs per day to make things that need cool downs to create. They allow you to make the items needed for a person of that profession to upgrade the purple gear they can make to higher Ilevels/quality. So for basic profession competence the building is enough but if you pair it with something you have skill in you get some extra benefits for your unique gear and more and faster output.

• BigityBigity Lubbock, TXRegistered User regular
    How many of each size plot can you get?

I guess this might be worth doing on alts, or is it too much work?

Oh, wait, you meant Enhancement and I misread it as Elemental.

I need work to end so I can get home and possibly take a nap.

HAHA yes enhancement I hope I did not missspeak somewhere in there its been one of those days at work. I can deffinately see where elemental would want it big haste buffs are much nicer for Sith simulation mode.

• SamphisSamphis Registered User regular
    reVerse wrote: »
    And now, something a little different.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hiqAFeMAbb4

What the actual frell?

• HallowedFaithHallowedFaith Call me Cloud. Registered User regular
    edited October 2014
    Experience anti-grinding system being removed:
    http://www.wowhead.com/bluetracker?topic=15007430804
    Watcher wrote:
    This isn't intended to be an "anti-grind" mechanic. It's intended to be an "anti-exploit" mechanic that programmatically addresses power-leveling abuses, with the aim of letting us reward legitimate players more generously. In the past, we've often had little choice but to drastically reduce the experience awarded by certain respawning bosses or enemies that are locked in combat with other NPCs, because otherwise they'd be abused. That always felt bad to the regular player who was just passing through in the course of questing or exploration and got unexpectedly little or no experience for killing something. The goal was to come up with an approach that would be invisible to most players, but discourage sitting there and repeatedly farming the same mob for long stretches of time in order to gain experience. Alternatives like questing, dungeons, or PvP are all supposed to be more lucrative than that - WoW has never been a game in which mass-killing mobs for experience was the most efficient route.

That said, clearly this implementation is far too strict, and is triggering from a wide variety of normal activity. We're going to disable the functionality entirely and look into a much more narrowly targeted approach if and when we reintroduce it. Apologies for the inconvenience and the lack of response on the issue - we were working on understanding exactly where the algorithm was going awry, and now that we've done so, we'll be taking action in the near future.

HallowedFaith on
    I'm making video games. DesignBy.Cloud
  • DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    Knight_ wrote: »
    I got to 81 on a prot warrior but off gcd heroic strike is not fun. The spec is way too mashy, even moreso than fury. And fury is actually painful to play.

idk, it's a shame because prot is kinda broken next expansion and you can just switch to one of the best dps specs without even really changing gear, but main abilities off the GCD are not good design for a game like wow.

Heroic Strike has always been off the GCD, unless they changed it in Cata. It used to apply to your next autoattack.

• DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    Dhalphir wrote: »
    Honestly, I also never understood the "there is always one best method".

I'm probably coming at this from an overly-WotLK-based mindset because I never raided in Cata, but I knew exactly how hit and expertise worked and exactly how to value them. I made specific choices early in Wrath to gem a lot of expertise rather than stamina because I knew it was important for threat generation. As a result, I was top threat in any raid I ever attended, even given the superior base threat generation of paladins and druids. I had warriors from all over Oceania early in Wrath asking me about it, because I was one of the only ones gemming expertise.

That was fun as fuck. Micromanaging your gear to get the most out of it was one of the big joys of hardcore raiding. I'm sure it wasn't particularly fun for casual players but casual players didn't need to do it. As long as they followed a path of "just pick the highest iLevel stuff" they would be fine.

now Blizzard has taken away the intricacies of gear and pushed EVERYONE onto the "just pick the highest iLevel stuff".

And that sucks.

this is already how it was; this is how it's been since they took ridiculous-scaling armor pen out, if not before (with a couple of weird exceptions, mostly trinkets)

you will still be able to stack whatever stat it makes sense for you to stack, track down the gear with it on there etc. Everybody's just freed from the requirement that we reforge a bunch of gear to hit a specific amount of hit rating

I agree reforging was dumb, but I never experienced that. Modifying your gear to remain at hitcap while shifting pieces around was one of the pleasures that I'm talking about, though. I can see how reforging fucked with that though.

edited October 2014
    How lazy am I if I boost an 83 warrior? I was going to level him out and use it on a paladin, but after getting 5 characters 80-90 since early September, I... I just can't do it anymore. Basically, how long will it take me to level out if I'm chain running dungeons on full rested xp?

@Bubs hilariously fast. I did 84-90 in a day of about 7 hours gameplay.

Dhalphir on
  • Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    I got to 81 on a prot warrior but off gcd heroic strike is not fun. The spec is way too mashy, even moreso than fury. And fury is actually painful to play.

idk, it's a shame because prot is kinda broken next expansion and you can just switch to one of the best dps specs without even really changing gear, but main abilities off the GCD are not good design for a game like wow.

Heroic Strike has always been off the GCD, unless they changed it in Cata. It used to apply to your next autoattack.

Yea, but now it's an instant attack off gcd in a world where rage isn't a 100% full forever thing.

Used to just macro it into your tanking skills.

aeNqQM9.jpg
    edited October 2014

Yea, but now it's an instant attack off gcd in a world where rage isn't a 100% full forever thing.

Used to just macro it into your tanking skills.

I'm really not sure what your issue is here. It's a button you add into your rotation that is easy to do so because it doesn't take a GCD. Map it to mousewheel or something. If anything the ability is more fun because now it's another decision to make instead of just macroing into your abilities.

Dhalphir on
  • YoungFreyYoungFrey Registered User regular
    I did 85-90 on a zero-rested Hunter in less than a weekend. Just questing in Pandaria. I didn't even finish the 2nd zone.

YoungFrey wrote: »
    I did 85-90 on a zero-rested Hunter in less than a weekend. Just questing in Pandaria. I didn't even finish the 2nd zone.

I took my warrior from 85-90 using only Jade Forest and about a dozen dungeons.

• HallowedFaithHallowedFaith Call me Cloud. Registered User regular
    edited October 2014
    I.... don't have any use for the boost. :(

I heard the time limit on use was like 90 days, anyone who has boosted - do you know if this is accurate?

HallowedFaith on
    I'm making video games. DesignBy.Cloud

I heard the time limit on use was like 90 days, anyone who has boosted - do you know if this is accurate?

I plan to use it as a ghetto server transfer.

• YoungFreyYoungFrey Registered User regular
    More importantly, does the 90 boost open up quest phased flight points?
    Personally, I think I'd get more use of smearing all that XP across the 8 characters I have in the 75-85 range.

Personally, I think I'd get more use of smearing all that XP across the 8 characters I have in the 75-85 range.

Quest phased flight points?

It gives you the capitals, and that's about it. You get almost no flight points in general.

It gives you the capitals, and that's about it. You get almost no flight points in general.

You also get only 280% flying skill even if you own a 310% mount and it scales it down. You must pay the full cost (4k with faction discount) for 310% upgrade.

I plan to use it as a ghetto server transfer.

Geth appreciates thriftiness.

• FairchildFairchild Rabbit used short words that were easy to understand, like "Hello Pooh, how about Lunch ?" Registered User regular

You also get only 280% flying skill even if you own a 310% mount and it scales it down. You must pay the full cost (4k with faction discount) for 310% upgrade.

That's been true for a while now though. Speed is no longer tied to mounts, ever since they made mounts account-bound. I believe the only people who got 310% for free are those who had one of the 310% mounts before they made the change at the beginning of Cata, and even then, I believe only on the character that earned it.

• Enosh20Enosh20 Registered User regular
    sweet, killed mythic garrosh, it's pretty much a joke now, but p4 still needed some learning on how to handle shit ^^
    also another loom to throw on my looms pile ^^

also finally got into a normal garrosh run on my horde rogue (it's hard to find a group at like 539 -.-) so I have one heirloom dagger now, thinking about maybe getting that UBRS chest and ring which should put me to 545-ish maybe close to 550 with some ordos and celestials luck and might get into a heroic group so I could have both a MH and OH ^^

This discussion has been closed.