As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Logitech Extreme 3D Pro/ X-wing / Tie Fighter

maek123maek123 Registered User new member
YAY!! GOG has X-wing and Tie Fighter!! However, has anyone figured out how to make the rotate axis on the stick work in either game?? I remember using a Microsoft Sidewinder joystick on the original releases of the game and it worked with that...any way of making it work on the newer joystick?

• Options
    TychoCelchuuuTychoCelchuuu PIGEON Registered User regular
    Are you sure your memory is correct? I'm fairly certain the only way to rotate in X-Wing and TIE Fighter always has been JOY 2 + left or right.

• Options
    maek123maek123 Registered User new member
    I'll try that next, but I was always able to twist my joystick on my old Microsoft Sidewinder without the button combos...it made flying a lot easier because then I could rotate, turn, and pitch up/down simultaneously which made dogfighting EXTREMELY easier.

• Options
    JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    you have to hit a button

i suppose you could make a macro to do that, but in the older games a button has to be involved

i think maybe in XvT or Alliance they had roll support but I dont remember

• Options
    darkmayodarkmayo Registered User regular
    Have a 360 Controller that I have been using with these games myself, sadly I seem to get some drifting on Xwing while using the controller and mouse (dont ask, thats how I use to play, except it was a gravis gamepad and the mouse for fine aiming, and keyboard for the rest of the controls)

Switch SW-6182-1526-0041
  • Options
    JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    i believe the drifting is a legacy bug in the ship inertia

i get it in Tie Fighter today and I remember it from the old days thinking my cheap ass joystick was just broken

but now I have a new cheapass joystick and it does the exact same thing

• Options
    darkmayodarkmayo Registered User regular
    Possibly, I certainly don't remember it from when I played it back in 94, it certainly seems more like a joystick imput issue, software wise maybe not the hardware as my 360 controller works great on everything else.

Switch SW-6182-1526-0041