As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[PA Comic] Wednesday, October 29, 2014 - Underworld, Part Two

DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
edited October 2014 in The Penny Arcade Hub
image[PA Comic] Wednesday, October 29, 2014 - Underworld, Part Two

Underworld, Part Two

Underworld, Part Two

http://penny-arcade.com/comic/2014/10/29

Read the full story here

Unknown User on

• IamdudeIamdude Registered User regular
    Yeah if it's not actively trying to murder people, they tend not to want it in Australia.

• SpinelesSSpinelesS Registered User regular
    He has a point. If all it does is look freaky, what's the point?

• HevachHevach Registered User regular
    edited October 2014
    You want to unleash paranormal terror on a country that already has the world's deadliest everythings, and where the cutest animal still has an incomprehensibly offensive odor and an ear piercing banshee scream, you bring something a little more impressive than a grumpy ghost. That guy probably shook scarier things out of his shoe this morning.

Hevach on
  • LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    How did we get to the point where Tycho is performing a dark ritual to bring back the dead... out of benevolence?

• cloudmattcloudmatt Registered User regular
    Wow, yeah....it might be hard to get Australia into a Halloween kinda mood. Days of nail biting horror are every day when just about everything in your country can kill you.

• BananaPoetBananaPoet Registered User regular
    Beautiful beautiful art, except for that guy's nose!

• TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    I love how disappointed the ghost looks at being found unscary.

steam_sig.png
  • Hargaad of OmnarHargaad of Omnar New Badges? Fucking BOSS!Registered User regular
    This is pretty much my reaction to Pokemon announcing the Fairy-type.

Star Wars (2 separate links)
    Yelling at butts will never NOT be funny. Thanks, Psy!
    Also, Abby is awesome. Keep up with TLH because it's the tits!

I love League of Legends, but seriously...screw you, Teemo.
  • TheCanManTheCanMan GT: Gasman122009 JerseyRegistered User regular
    edited October 2014
    From the Part 1 thread:
    Darkewolfe wrote: »
    See, I'd figure that Australians don't have Halloween simply because Australia is a constantly terrifying place filled with ready-made monsters to go.

Weredingos are probably, like, just a thing you deal with on a weekly basis. No reason to dress up to scare each other.

Plus, I assume all Australians are adept monster hunters, so you wouldn't want to confuse someone and end up expertly trapped and on the Nature channel.

Spoiler Alert! Way to ruin the joke, @Darkewolfe.

TheCanMan on
  • DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    My bad.

What is this I don't even.
  • SprokkleSprokkle Registered User new member
    So no really related to the comic, but after reading the newspost, it appears that somebody *cough* Jerry *cough* forgot an [/i] in the post, most likely due to chrono-stepping a day into the future. Curiously, it seems to have propagated not only through the rest of the post, but also through the rest of the page (including the links on the right hand side). Was wondering if anyone else had noticed...

• CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    I just love how self-conscious the specter looks in the last panel. Don't be mean to the specter, man! It's doing it's best.

"If you divide the whole world into just enemies and friends, you'll end up destroying everything" --Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind
  • AstralMuffinAstralMuffin Registered User regular
    That first panel looks amazing! And I don't really know why, but I find the joke really funny. Like way too funny

On a side note, anyone knows if PAX Aus will be streamed on Twitch like usual? Because they didn't update the schedule or anything...

• jothkijothki Registered User regular
    I'd think that if you wanted to frighten an Australian, you'd make your ghosts look like rabbits.

• DraxonicDraxonic Registered User regular
    What you have to understand is that in Australia, everything is pretty much trying to kill us already.

welcome-to-life-choose-a-difficulty.jpg

• davidhbrowndavidhbrown Registered User regular
    edited October 2014
    Sprokkle wrote: »
    ... it appears that somebody *cough* Jerry *cough* forgot an [/i] [...] Was wondering if anyone else had noticed...
    Nah; I was too distracted wondering why, if they don't do Hallowe'en in Australia, the guy had some sort of costume nose glued on his face.

davidhbrown on
  • Squidget0Squidget0 Registered User regular
    I've never collected a PA pin, but I want a pin of the third-panel ghost.

• calamityjamiecalamityjamie Corgi Wrangler Seattle, WARegistered User staff
    @Sprokkle Thank you for the heads up :)

• funymonyfunymony Animator/Cartoonist UtahRegistered User new member
    I love when Penny Arcade gets silly and out of the ordinary. Tycho summoning angry ghosts on top of the Sydney Opera House? Yes please.

-Ed
  • MorninglordMorninglord I'm tired of being Batman, so today I'll be Owl.Registered User regular
    BananaPoet wrote: »
    Beautiful beautiful art, except for that guy's nose!

I can verify that the nose is an accurate rendition of the typical australian.

(PSN: Morninglord) (Steam: Morninglord) (WiiU: Morninglord22) I like to record and toss up a lot of random gaming videos here.
  • MorblitzMorblitz Registered User regular
    Here is an article from a month ago about some Australian level difficulty.

World’s Most Australian Man Fights Off Crocodile, Drinks Beer as Anesthetic

3DS Pokemon Y Friend Code: 0645 5780 8920
    Please shoot me a PM if you add me so I know to add you back.
  • fortyforty Registered User regular
    Poor Jamie, having to be the custodian for Jerry's typographical shambles.