As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[WOW] WARLORDS OF DRAENOR: Wait, do I need to feed my entire Garrison on Thanksgiving ?

• Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Well I know they added a few more animals to tame but I am still disappointed you cannot tame a wyrven

• Options
    BigityBigity Lubbock, TXRegistered User regular
    Sepah wrote: »
    Invisible wrote: »
    Oh hey, I was wrong and I still have to get 12 titan stones. Man, Wrathion, you really might need to go fuck yourself. I still have the last ToT raid and all of the SoO for this week, so I could get really lucky, but look Wrathion, randomly dropping shit is getting old. Just let me do stuff that doesn't make me rely on something I can't control.

Each difficulty of SOO(LFR, Normal, Heroic, Mythic) Bosses 1-8 has a separate lockout for runestones. Sha of Pride is only guaranteed to drop one the very first time you kill him, regardless of difficulty.

As best I can tell, this is not true of ToT.

If that is correct, it's new to 6.02. Pre-patch, you got one chance per boss (across all difficulties) to get a secret/runestone.

• Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    edited October 2014
    WoW please give me a weapon for my bad hunter. All my gear is above 500 and I'm still using my 463 Sonic Pulse Generator.

Why do you hurt me.

Also why do you give me 3 copies of the same chest off garrosh in 2 weeks. Stahp. ;_; Need enough gear to get into a flex group for the heirloom before WoD!

Knight_ on
    aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    DerrickDerrick Registered User regular
    Knight_ wrote: »
    WoW please give me a weapon for my bad hunter. All my gear is above 500 and I'm still using my 463 Sonic Pulse Generator.

Why do you hurt me.

Also why do you give me 3 copies of the same chest off garrosh in 2 weeks. Stahp. ;_; Need enough gear to get into a flex group for the heirloom before WoD!

They want you to grind out 20,000 timeless isle coins to get the weapon and 250 lesser charms to upgrade the weapon.

I did it on the character I boosted, and it didn't really take that long.

Steam and CFN: Enexemander
  • Options
    BigityBigity Lubbock, TXRegistered User regular
    Is there a 550 bow/gun in the preview UBRS?

• Options
    Bliss 101Bliss 101 Registered User regular

Why do you hurt me.

Spend an evening in battlegrounds (also try to do the Tol Barad weekly, as that's a lot of honor), then go buy a 550 weapon from the PvP vendor.

MSL59.jpg
  • Options
    Bigity wrote: »
    Is there a 550 bow/gun in the preview UBRS?

No :/

only classes that can't get a weapon are hunters and enhancement shaman.
    Derrick wrote: »

Why do you hurt me.

They want you to grind out 20,000 timeless isle coins to get the weapon and 250 lesser charms to upgrade the weapon.

I did it on the character I boosted, and it didn't really take that long.

Yea I have the coins for the weapon and I'll buy it after I don't get a gun off malkorok tonight, but those purple weapons on the isle are such low itemlevel that they don't feel worth spending the effort to get/upgrade.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    TransporterTransporter Registered User regular
    Oh! World of Warcraft question.

So I'm gearing up my Horde Fury Warrior for PvP.

I'm going Titan's Grip Fury because WHY WOULD YOU EVEN PLAY FURY WARRIOR WITHOUT TITANS GRIP.

So on the PvP Weapons, the Greatsword has this neat little 364 PvP Power(Unique).

Not I get that means I can't just buy two of them. But does that mean I could by the Axe as an Off-Hand, even though it has the same 364 PvP Power(Unique) tag? Or does that just mean you can use whatever as an off-hand/main-hand?

• Options
    SmasherSmasher Starting to get dizzy Registered User regular
    I'm pretty sure that since the unique tag is on the attribute it means that you can have two greatswords (or sword/axe or whatever), but you'll only get one bonus.

• Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    I have never seen the unique tag on an attribute.

• Options
    SmasherSmasher Starting to get dizzy Registered User regular
    I think it's only used for pvp power on weapons so that dual wielding two handers doesn't give warriors a huge boost in pvp power.

Example: http://www.wowhead.com/item=103141

• Options
    EnigmedicEnigmedic Registered User regular
    They actually did used to give insane pvp power boosts because they werent unique on 2handers. fury warriors got that nerfed real quick

• Options
    PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    Re: the thread title, of course not.

Now, death knights, on the other hand...

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    YoungFrey wrote: »
    Dhalphir wrote: »
    I also was gone since Wrath, until last week, so if you run into confusion feel free to ask me first as I've probably encountered the same thing.

Is there a way to catch crafting professions up to at least Panda level quickly? Or do i just have to make junk.

note also that leveling profs will be much easier in WoD, since there will be recipes to make contemporary stuff available from level 1. So you might be better off to just wait.

NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • Options
    OptyOpty Registered User regular
    I lucked out last night and got into an Only the Penitent group which took exactly 10 tries to get right, so I couldn't do any of the rest of my raid soloing for 30m or so afterwards but hey, got that stupid achieve out of the way.

• Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    PMAvers wrote: »
    Re: the thread title, of course not.

Now, death knights, on the other hand...

I'll have you know I only use the finest influenza and Marburg fever.

• Options
    MuddBuddMuddBudd Registered User regular
    I always liked this video.

http://youtu.be/HpclJaSF7A0

There's no plan, there's no race to be run
    The harder the rain, honey, the sweeter the sun.
  • Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    Me too, but man does it really show how dated the old models were. I'm excited to see the Blood Elves

• Options
    Javen wrote: »
    Me too, but man does it really show how dated the old models were. I'm excited to see the Blood Elves

I am terrified of what they're going to do to my poor BElfs. I really like the face model I have and am terrified they're going to Human Female it up such that everyone looks identical. And the glowing eyes they used for dranei are horrific, so if we get those and not NElf style i may have to race change my hunter and pally.

And after all that our weapons will still probably be absurdly tiny.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    Cilla BlackCilla Black Priscilla!!! Registered User regular
    Javen wrote: »

Gunna riot if they don't fix the female blood elf weapon size

• Options
    Yeah I was gonna say

• Options
    I don't need like Human female weapon size

That's cool and all but not necessary

But it would be nice to have weapons that don't look like toy miniatures

Armageddon is the only 2hander that looks like a 2hander, and it is the largest sword in the game.

• Options
    sumwarsumwar Registered User regular
    So I heard the apexis crystal gear is LFR quality and takes an insane amount of time to acquire through grinding. Why would anyone get this gear then? LFR gear drops very frequently now and is of course easy to acquire.

• Options
    InvisibleInvisible Registered User regular
    I'm really not angry just annoyed because I seriously thought I was past that part. Granted I still have a good chance.

Seriously Blizzard, just give me a 100% drop chance so I can knock it out tonight.

• Options
    LanrutconLanrutcon The LabyrinthRegistered User regular
    The new male Tauren model is bugged :( the casting animation brings his hands together to fire the projectile. On the old model the projectile appears where the hands come together. In the new one, it always appears from only one hand, making it look pretty dumb. It's the main casting animation for male Taurens...

Eww.

Capture.jpg~original
    Currently playing: GW2 and TSW
  • Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    You think that's annoying. With the new angle of their arms, shields clip into their shoulders.

• Options
    edited October 2014
    I don't need like Human female weapon size

That's cool and all but not necessary

But it would be nice to have weapons that don't look like toy miniatures

Armageddon is the only 2hander that looks like a 2hander, and it is the largest sword in the game.

This is the reason my 3 Blood Elves are Rogue, Hunter, and a Prot Pally (also super legit animations). BE 1H are fine, BE Bows are fine (guns and crossbows butts). Everything else is downright silly.

I actually think they made Human weapons too big, they're kinda redic. Just a normal 2h size would be great.

Basically I'd like to be able to wield a 2H weapon larger than my Prot Pally's 1H weapons when I go ret.

Knight_ on
    aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    Sizes are fine if you are a male BE

Everything is too small for female

1handers look like daggers

Bow look like toys

Daggers look like kitchen utensils

Their entire weapon ratio is off

• Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    edited October 2014
    Don't even get me started on the stupid combat stance for female belfs

Dhalphir on
  • Options
    I've heard them say once that weapon size and hand size are essentially on the same scale, which makes follows for the rest of the races. Either hopefully they change the scale in the case of blood elf females, or change the dimensions of BE, which they haven't been really willing to do for any of the other races so far

• Options
    Dhalphir wrote: »
    Don't even get me started on the stupid combat stance for female belfs

I always liked their rogue/1h animations. Most of the 2H animations are a disaster in motion however.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    LorahaloLorahalo Registered User regular
    Lanrutcon wrote: »
    The new male Tauren model is bugged :( the casting animation brings his hands together to fire the projectile. On the old model the projectile appears where the hands come together. In the new one, it always appears from only one hand, making it look pretty dumb. It's the main casting animation for male Taurens...

Eww.

I think this is intentional. If it's like the male nelf model, casts come from one hand and multistrikes come from the other.

I have a podcast about Digimon called the Digital Moncast, on Audio Entropy.
  • Options
    So I only had a little while to play on the new servers but holy shit it was beautiful. Now to retrain almost 10 years of muscle memory.

• Options
    Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
  • Options
    Lorahalo wrote: »
    So I only had a little while to play on the new servers but holy shit it was beautiful. Now to retrain almost 10 years of muscle memory.

be prepared to cancel your mount by moving too soon

a lot

• Options
    DerrickDerrick Registered User regular

Why do you need to retrain muscle memory?

Steam and CFN: Enexemander
  • Options
    There's a big difference between 200ms and 20.

• Options

Doesn't have an innately high latency to worry about anymore thanks to the new Australia servers.

• Options
    edited October 2014

The difference between waiting a quarter of a second and essentially no time at all is actually pretty big.

A good example is my post above. I'm used to cancelling my mount cast in the last part of the cast by moving early. With 300ms of latency, this is a timesaver because I don't have to wait for the mount. Due to the 300ms, the order to move doesn't actually happen until after the cast finishes server-side, and so I'm mounted and moving. With lower latency, this isn't possible.

Another example - it used to be possible for me to fly through the main door of the Pandaria shrine and up the stairs where the portals are. I'd be standing next to the transmogrifier before the server caught up and dismounted me. Now I get dismounted as soon as I walk through the door.

As a caster on Aussie servers, you also get used to clipping your casts a fair amount, so that you issue the order to begin a new spell before the previous one finishes casting. If you don't, you end up having your 300ms latency between spells and massively reducing your DPS.

Dhalphir on
  • Options
    MuddBuddMuddBudd Registered User regular

I won't lie, that one makes me tear up a bit, because I had so much fun in Wrath when it came out.

Also, wow, remembering a time when Jaina wasn't a sociopath.

There's no plan, there's no race to be run
    The harder the rain, honey, the sweeter the sun.
This discussion has been closed.