As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Go find the new [Star Citizen] thread

• Sir CarcassSir Carcass I have been shown the end of my world Round Rock, TXRegistered User regular
    Shut down your engines meow

• TOGSolidTOGSolid Drunk sailor Seattle, WashingtonRegistered User regular
    I'm torn. At first I thought the idea of a police Cutlass was dumb, but then I realized that I could re-enact Super Troopers for everybody's my amusement.

"YOU BOYS LIKE MERCURY!? WOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!"

wWuzwvJ.png
  • AxenAxen My avatar is Excalibur. Yes, the sword.Registered User regular
    "I swear to God, I'll space the next guy who says shenanigans!"

A Capellan's favorite sheath for any blade is your back.
  • KashaarKashaar Low OrbitRegistered User regular
    Here's what the email looks like:

wTlQJWW.png

If you don't want RSI to forward you organization invites maybe there's a way to turn it off in your profile.

That looks like a standard "you have received a new invite" mail, such as many other websites send you when you get one in their social systems. Maybe a bit misleading in terms of composition, but still... I've received a couple of invites already, and never thought I was being mailed directly by RSI ;)

Indie Dev Blog | Twitter | Steam
    Unreal Engine 4 Developers Community.

I'm working on a cute little video game! Here's a link for you.
  • OrickOrick Registered User regular
    Kinda mean of them to call you a "worthless slag". :P

• DartboyDartboy Registered User regular
    Speaking of star systems though, is anyone else like really, really annoyed that they have Terra as a planet in addition to Earth?

• Steel FireSteel Fire Gunboat Diplomat PAI MarketingRegistered User regular
    Dartboy wrote: »
    Speaking of star systems though, is anyone else like really, really annoyed that they have Terra as a planet in addition to Earth?
    Nope, because... people. It's fully believable that one of the primary systems/planets we populate would get named something like Terra or New Earth or something silly like that. I mean we've proven to be oh so original with naming our cities and such as is. :P

• Ninja Snarl PNinja Snarl P My helmet is my burden. Ninja Snarl: Gone, but not forgotten.Registered User regular
    Steel Fire wrote: »
    Nope, because... people. It's fully believable that one of the primary systems/planets we populate would get named something like Terra or New Earth or something silly like that. I mean we've proven to be oh so original with naming our cities and such as is. :P
    I MADE IT, I GET TO FUCKING NAME IT.
    2535146-bob.jpeg

• jinkumabutajinkumabuta Registered User regular
    2535146-bob.jpeg

While everyone is busy getting rich or looking for exploit to grief traders, I'll be secretly putting every ressource I have into the jump point exploration mini-game so that everyone will one day have to groan heavily and go through the experience of "Alright squadron, we're meeting up in the 'solar' system! What do you mean which one? No, I obviously meant the system actually named 'solar', not the...WELL GET OUT OF THERE AND COME HERE!"

2535146-bob.jpeg

While everyone is busy getting rich or looking for exploit to grief traders, I'll be secretly putting every ressource I have into the jump point exploration mini-game so that everyone will one day have to groan heavily and go through the experience of "Alright squadron, we're meeting up in the 'solar' system! What do you mean which one? No, I obviously meant the system actually named 'solar', not the...WELL GET OUT OF THERE AND COME HERE!"

Is that next to the Star system?

• ZeroczZerocz Space Cowboy In SpaceRegistered User regular
    Taranis wrote: »
    The first planet in the Taranis system is a typical sunkissed inner dwarf, too hot for Human settlement, totally lacking in atmosphere and largely devoid of minerals or other interesting resources. The planetoid was the source of an unusual incident in the mid 25th century: a review of the initial survey data (radar scanning, interferometry and long range imaging) produced an image with what looked distinctly like a Human face superimposed on the planet’s north polar region. The so called “Face of Taranis” was a brief cultural craze on Earth and ultimately inspired a privately funded expedition to the world to confirm that the picture was simply a mountain range photographed from an unusual position. Conspiracy theorists continue to insist that the government is covering up evidence of an alien civilization living there (despite the ready proof that sentient species exist throughout the galaxy today).

I WANT TO
    n7LOTH96GWVP0.png
    BELIEVE

• Mr RayMr Ray Sarcasm sphereRegistered User regular
    edited October 2014
    2535146-bob.jpeg

Is that next to the Star system?

Yes, turn left at the Reproductive System, through the 420Blazeit nebula and then right at the #yoloswag cluster.

Mr Ray on
    edited October 2014

Planetary Directory Search "Earth"
    showing 11 results out of 182388392
    Earth
    New Earth
    New Mars (formerly New Earth)
    Earth 1
    Earth 2
    Earth 3
    Earth Two
    Earth Three
    Nova Earth
    Earth Deux
    The Planet Formerly Known As Earth

Axen on
  • Mr RayMr Ray Sarcasm sphereRegistered User regular
    Axen wrote: »

Planetary Directory Search "Earth"
    showing 11 results out of 182388392
    Earth
    New Earth
    New Mars (formerly New Earth)
    Earth 1
    Earth 2
    Earth 3
    Earth Two
    Earth Three
    Nova Earth
    Earth Deux
    The Planet Formerly Known As Earth

...continued, page (2/1000):

Earth 2-2
    Earth the Second
    Return of the Earth
    Earth 2 Electric Boogaloo
    New New Earth
    New New New Earth
    New New New New Earth
    [Planetary Directory Search automatically filtered out 500 similar results]
    Earth Classic
    Super Earth
    New Super Earth
    Super New Earth
    New Super New Earth
    New New Super Super Earth
    Best Earth
    Original Earth
    Real Earth
    Emergency Backup Earth
    I Can't Believe Its Not Earth

I have stared at the word "Earth" for so long that it looks weird to me now.

• ErlkönigErlkönig Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited October 2014
    You left out "Rare Earth"

EDIT - and now that the word-play part of my brain is waking up: the penal planet "Mearth"

Erlkönig on
    | Origin/R*SC: Ein7919 | Battle.net: Erlkonig#1448 | XBL: Lexicanum | Steam: Der Erlkönig (the umlaut is important) |
    edited October 2014
    Mr Ray wrote: »

I have stared at the word "Earth" for so long that it looks weird to me now.

I'm glad it's not just me!

It is such a weird word.

edit- At one point I was convinced I was some how spelling it wrong.

Axen on
  • Ninja Snarl PNinja Snarl P My helmet is my burden. Ninja Snarl: Gone, but not forgotten.Registered User regular
    edited October 2014
    Yes. I sense... potential.

I really really hope we get to name planets and systems. Because all of this happening here, should happen there.

3arth
    E4rth
    Ear7h
    Eart|-|
    34r7|-|

Ninja Snarl P on
  • ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    You all suck in the best way possible. :D

We can't forget:

Nuevo Earth
    Neo Earth

• deathsanideathsani Registered User regular
    Erf, as in "welcome to"

• DrakeDrake Edgelord Trash Below the ecliptic plane.Registered User regular
  • DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular
    Erf or Nothin'

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• TychoCelchuuuTychoCelchuuu PIGEON Registered User regular
    deathsani wrote: »
    Erf, as in "welcome to"
    The thing is, he doesn't say "Erf." He says "Earth," like, super clearly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OfPWpEKhgfk

At some point I guess some racist person decided "eh, he's black, he probably said Erf because that's how black people talk, right?" and somehow it caught on.

• TOGSolidTOGSolid Drunk sailor Seattle, WashingtonRegistered User regular
    edited October 2014
    Pfft, my planets will all be named after booze. The capital planet shall be named Macallan 20.

The penal colony will be named O'Doul's because fuck it and everything inside of it.

TOGSolid on
    wWuzwvJ.png
    Erf, as in "welcome to"

At some point I guess some racist person decided "eh, he's black, he probably said Erf because that's how black people talk, right?" and somehow it caught on.

Yes, I'm perfectly aware of that, and I wasn't referencing that at all. I was referring to the Nerf slogan "It's Nerf or Nothin'".

3basnids3lf9.jpg

DaMoonRulz wrote: »
    Erf, as in "welcome to"

Yes, I'm perfectly aware of that, and I wasn't referencing that at all. I was referring to the Nerf slogan "It's Nerf or Nothin'".

Maybe that's why you weren't the one quoted. :P

DaMoonRulz wrote: »
    Erf, as in "welcome to"

Maybe that's why you weren't the one quoted. :P

I was implicated in it

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• yossarian_livesyossarian_lives Registered User regular
    DaMoonRulz clearly believes in a lunar-centric version of the galaxy. All posts are quoting him.

"I see everything twice!"

• GaslightGaslight Registered User regular
    Original Earth.

Famous Earth.

Famous Original Earth.

• imperialparadoximperialparadox Houston, TXRegistered User regular
    Extra Crispy Earth?

steam_sig.png
    Nintendo Network ID: imperialparadox | 3DS FC: 2294-4029-6793
    XBL Gamertag: Paradox3351 | PSN: imperialparadox
  • ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    Earth, Earth, Earth, Earth, Earth, Earth, Earth, Earth, Eggs, Sausage, and Earth.

• a5ehrena5ehren AtlantaRegistered User regular
    edited October 2014
    The Original Earth House
    Interplanetary House of Earths

a5ehren on
  • TychoCelchuuuTychoCelchuuu PIGEON Registered User regular
    Earth Angel, Earth Angel
    Earth and Back Again: A Hobbit's Tale
    Earth Wind and Fire
    Val Kilmearth
    Crisis on Infinite Earth

Elvenshae wrote: »
    Earth, Earth, Earth, Earth, Earth, Earth, Earth, Earth, Eggs, Sausage, and Earth.

If Earth Vikings show up I'm blaming you.

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• deathsanideathsani Registered User regular
    edited October 2014
    Or perhaps, just maybe, I misheard him when I was 12 which was the last time I watched that movie all the way through.
    I dislike being a racist by implication, so if you are going to call me one do so in a more forthcoming manner.

deathsani on
  • yossarian_livesyossarian_lives Registered User regular
    Herald sneak peak!

7191D6o.jpg

"I see everything twice!"

• TaranisTaranis Registered User regular
    It looks so ugly... :(

EH28YFo.jpg
  • ElbasunuElbasunu Registered User regular
    I love it. Gimme.

g1xfUKU.png?10zfegkyoor3b.png
    Steam ID: Obos Vent: Obos
    Earth That Was
    Steven Spielberg Presents Earth
    Google Earth
    The Earth
    Planet Earth

I might have to use these names for a 4x game. :razz:

This discussion has been closed.