As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Obtaining AUS Pinnys...

HappendyHappendy Seattle, WARegistered User regular
I don't frequent this forum often as I only just recently got into Pinny trading (I spent 350$ in the past 4 days). Not sure if it's appropriate to post about this, sorry if this should have gone into the pin trading post!

So I'm in Seattle, and will be during in Seattle during AUS. However, there is nothing I want more than to have my hands on a PAX AUS set, and a 10 year anniversary pinny in particular... And it seems I'm not alone here, as several Enforcers have also expressed interest in getting an AUS set. So I'm wondering if it's not too much of a stretch for anyone travelling from Seattle or who will be going to South to buy me a bunch of sets.. Like... I dunno. 10, 20?

You'll get to keep the free merch pins!

• EvenstarEvenstar PAX Prime Princess Bellevue, WARegistered User regular
    A few of us have asked this in other threads, myself included (I am also local to Seattle)

• TheAggroCraigTheAggroCraig Ultimate Lucky Douchebag MassachusettsRegistered User regular
    10 or 20? That's... stretching it a bit imo. I'm sure some will be around, but most people will want to trade for other pins around here, and we all know how valuable the Aus pins were in 2013.

• QumadenQumaden World's Mightiest Mortal Registered User regular
    Happendy wrote: »
    I don't frequent this forum often as I only just recently got into Pinny trading (I spent 350$ in the past 4 days). Not sure if it's appropriate to post about this, sorry if this should have gone into the pin trading post!

So I'm in Seattle, and will be during in Seattle during AUS. However, there is nothing I want more than to have my hands on a PAX AUS set, and a 10 year anniversary pinny in particular... And it seems I'm not alone here, as several Enforcers have also expressed interest in getting an AUS set. So I'm wondering if it's not too much of a stretch for anyone travelling from Seattle or who will be going to South to buy me a bunch of sets.. Like... I dunno. 10, 20?

You'll get to keep the free merch pins!

First of all, welcome to the world of Pinny Arcade, we're always glad to see the hobby grow around these parts. That's a PAX level amount of cash to drop, but seems like it would make for a good start for a collection! It would probably do better to have put this in the trading post, but I doubt anyone will be offended. Picking up ten to twenty sets(I assume you mean the Aus 14 core set and not the entirety of the pins available at PAX Aus this year!) is, as TheAggroCraid said, a bit of a stretch. I understand very well the fervor with which the hobby can overtake you, and the exuberance with which you're going at establishing your pin collection, but coming in that strong with that tall of an order doesn't give you a huge chance at success.

I highly recommend giving the first post here http://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/187709/pinny-pal-community-thread-2-0-please-read-the-first-post/p1 a read for kind of the general feel of the community. It is unfortunate that AUS is so close so you're not likely to be able to get on board with a Pin Pal Group; it is conversely fortunate that you're getting into the hobby before Aus starts so you do have a much better opportunity to at least get one or two sets for your collection.

One small semantic housekeeping bit, Aus is next week, and you mentioned South, so I assume that you just typo'd "south" when you meant "Aus"

I wish you the best in completing your collection, and hope you get every pin you want. Once again, welcome!

• PedroAsaniPedroAsani Brotherhood of the Squirrel [Prime]Registered User regular
    I am in Seattle for ONE DAY ONLY before I leave for Aus. PM me and we can get something done.

• fishfishmonkeyhatfishfishmonkeyhat Freelance Pin Man Newcastle, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    In case you didn't know you can only buy 2 sets per transaction, so getting that many would be a stretch, as said above.

• AyefkayAyefkay Queensland, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    2 sets per person is what they allowed last year,

My PinnyPals Digital Lanyard: Now Up to date! https://pinnypals.com/pals/Ayefkay

8fuuo_RK.png
  • aleph0aleph0 Registered User regular
    They definitely allowed more at Prime this year. 4 or 5, as I recall.

• HappendyHappendy Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Pedro just offered to buy me my sets. Wao. Such nice. Much wao. So generous.

In all seriousness. Huge shoutout to this dude. He lent me a pin during prime and now this. I owe him my left arm now.

Remember when I said I dropped 350 in four days? Double/triple that

• callmegarcallmegar Registered User regular
    Anybody willing to buy me an AUS set, maybe get me the 8 other pins? I have some '14 prime sets and will be at South if you need any pins from there.

00trpy9qu6xq.jpg
  • Wraith90Wraith90 Saskatoon, SkRegistered User regular
    I know its a bit last minute but is there anyone that is going to Pax AUS that Is looking for a pin pal for Pax South? PM me if you are interested.

• smittythepiratesmittythepirate Registered User regular
    I would love to get it as well, but I don't think there is enough time now (but one can hope).

• PedroAsaniPedroAsani Brotherhood of the Squirrel [Prime]Registered User regular
    To all those still requiring Aus Sets brought: I shall endeavour to fulfil all requests, but in the event I can only get a few, I will be spreading them as evenly as possible.

• dchoydchoy OregonRegistered User regular
    PedroAsani wrote: »
    To all those still requiring Aus Sets brought: I shall endeavour to fulfil all requests, but in the event I can only get a few, I will be spreading them as evenly as possible.

You're awesome man! Hopefully you can pull through for us.

PAX Prime attendee since 2008.

Another year of Prime gone by... commence the struggle!

https://www.pinnypals.com/pals/dchoy
  • EvenstarEvenstar PAX Prime Princess Bellevue, WARegistered User regular
    @PedroAsani is a gentleman and a scholar

Hopefully he can get me 700 USD of AUS sets...
    Yes, he offered to buy me 22 AUS sets. If this goes through, I'm more than thankful.

• AjaxonAjaxon Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    All hail @PedroAsani!! (definitely NOT trying to suck up at all)

• dmosineedmosinee Davenport, IARegistered User regular
    My wife and I crave these pins just like everyone else, but PedroAsani probably already has way more people asking than he can reasonably get pins for.

At the end of the day, there are just way way more people here in the US wanting pins from the Australia show than there are Aussies looking for the opposites. This makes sense, as there are three shows worth of people here all looking for pins from the one show there. Inside the US, the pins and traders are pretty mobile between the shows, so the pins get around a lot better -- but that ocean throws a huge wrench in it.

At the end of the day, if we can find an Aussie member for our pinpal group i'll be super happy, and if not... I hope ebay is kind :?

Digital Lanyard, I love trades - https://www.pinnypals.com/pals/dmosinee
    http://pinmash.info - Two pins enter, one pins leaves... then the other pin leaves with a lower Elo rating
    I totally imagine @PedroAsani going through security check with a carry on filled with 50 pounds of Pinnys. In reality, this is completely undoable, but it's still fun to picture him being relentlessly questioned.

• fishfishmonkeyhatfishfishmonkeyhat Freelance Pin Man Newcastle, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    If he acquires that many everyone else there might have to get them from him..

>_>

• TheAggroCraigTheAggroCraig Ultimate Lucky Douchebag MassachusettsRegistered User regular
    Pedro will overcrowd the US with Aus pins... Well done.

Pedro will overcrowd the US with Aus pins... Well done.

Fighting Ebay Prices, every damn day.

Well I know I would appreciate it if you were able to. I've had to pick stuff up from Prime on ebay, I'm doing okay price wise but still takes a while.

• rentfnrentfn Registered User regular
    But I always get so happy when I get a sweet deal on a pin on ebay. I bet we are mostly bidding against each other sadly.

• DarthMonachusDarthMonachus Doctor Hershey, PARegistered User regular
    I'd like to throw my name into the pool of those interested in having someone pick them up ONE AUS 2014 set. Don't have an AUS pin pal in our group, hoping to avoid eBay... Send me a PM if interested. I'd be more than happy to send all teh monie$ via Paypal. Thanks!

• dchoydchoy OregonRegistered User regular
    rentfn wrote: »
    But I always get so happy when I get a sweet deal on a pin on ebay. I bet we are mostly bidding against each other sadly.

Someone outbid me on Granok and Draken pin this morning, must have been you....

*glares*

lol

PAX Prime attendee since 2008.

Another year of Prime gone by... commence the struggle!

https://www.pinnypals.com/pals/dchoy
  • KhraulKhraul Registered User regular
    I'll throw my hat in the ring if anyone has a way to get me a AUS 2014 or *Be still, my beating heart* an Aus 2014 AND an Aus ten year... I'm game for trades or a straight paypal money order.

Also, thank you Pedro for fighting the good fight.

Bnet - Khraul#1822
    Gamertag - Khraul
    PSN - Razide6
    I'll say now that with the Shields only available at Merch lite, there is likely no way to get those for most of you, if any of you. They are limited to 2 a day.

Sets are going to be somewhere between 3 and 5 per purchase, and I'm sure that frequent repeated visits will set off suspicions.

I doubt anyone will mind repeated visits. Though if you can't get them for us, I totes understand.

Sometimes I ask people in line to buy me pins and I pay them back afterwards. Perhaps that's worth a shot?

PedroAsani wrote: »
    I'll say now that with the Shields only available at Merch lite, there is likely no way to get those for most of you, if any of you. They are limited to 2 a day.

Sets are going to be somewhere between 3 and 5 per purchase, and I'm sure that frequent repeated visits will set off suspicions.

Yeah the 10 year pin was nearly impossible to get at Pax East this past year. I'll cut my losses and hopefully trade for that one. Still would want the core set if anybody would like to help. (Not trying to be too beggy)