As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Look Out, Scooby! There are G-G-G-Ghosts in the Halloween Thread!

• Options
    Curly_BraceCurly_Brace Robot Girl Mimiga VillageRegistered User regular
    Stumbled across this, thought I would share :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HCe3tVbg058

Further evidence Middle School-aged kids are the TRUE monsters.

• Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    @Cello did you run around yelling "CANON"

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    CelloCello Registered User regular

I didn't even have to! The B-Rogue in our group pretty much took care of that for me. Thus allowing me to focus my efforts on defending my breastplate from being groped (you would not believe the number of times drunk strangers just dove right in to cop a feel.)

Although there was one particularly fantastic part where a guy dressed up in a Thor storebought costume came up and said "yeah I totally have hammer envy" when he saw that my Mjolnir was 3 times as big as his. VICTORY

(Also I totally danced with a Star Lord for like, ten minutes, because obviously. He even had the headphones!)

Steam
    3DS Friend Code: 0216-0898-6512
    Switch Friend Code: SW-7437-1538-7786
  • Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    Cello wrote: »

I didn't even have to! The B-Rogue in our group pretty much took care of that for me. Thus allowing me to focus my efforts on defending my breastplate from being groped (you would not believe the number of times drunk strangers just dove right in to cop a feel.)

Although there was one particularly fantastic part where a guy dressed up in a Thor storebought costume came up and said "yeah I totally have hammer envy" when he saw that my Mjolnir was 3 times as big as his. VICTORY

(Also I totally danced with a Star Lord for like, ten minutes, because obviously. He even had the headphones!)

If it's not already, you should make Mjolnir out of foam padding so that you can put it to use defending your breastplate from drunken creeps

• Options
    valhalla130valhalla130 13 Dark Shield Perceives the GodsRegistered User regular
    One year my best friend went the whole latex makeup route, and created a full head Pinhead mask. We spent hours on that thing. He special ordered the costume and everything. Then we went to a few Halloween contests, all of which were in bars, and I had to walk behind him to make sure drunken louts didn't slap the nails in the headpiece, sending them into my friend's skull. There were at least three guys who started to do that before I stopped them.

asxcjbppb2eo.jpg
  • Options
    chromdomchromdom Who? Where?Registered User regular
  • Options
    TankHammerTankHammer Atlanta Ghostbuster Atlanta, GARegistered User regular
    I saw a little Falcon out trick-or-treating. It was pretty cool!

• Options
    MadEddyMadEddy Creepy house watching youRegistered User regular
    It snowed in my hometown in SC on Halloween night. The prevailing theory is that it was caused by all the Elsas running around.

ruby-red-sig.jpg
  • Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    Yeah it snowed Halloween night for me too

It made me really sad that I'd gone with the Iron Fist costume instead of doing a wendigo

• Options
    DedwrekkaDedwrekka Metal Hell adjacentRegistered User regular
    Fearghaill wrote: »

If it's not already, you should make Mjolnir out of foam padding so that you can put it to use defending your breastplate from drunken creeps

Nope. Electrodes.

• Options
    BogeyBogey I'm back, baby! Santa Monica, CAModerator mod
    edited November 2014
    Every year, I tell myself to get a costume that won't be so warm to wear since it's still hot here in southern CA. But noooooo... :P

aaneixbgar8x.jpg4ldpi1qh6s3c.jpg

Bogey on
    Fitocracy: Join us in the SE++ group!
    XBox LIVE: Bogestrom | Destiny
    PSN: Bogestrom
  • Options
    chromdomchromdom Who? Where?Registered User regular
    That dog hears someone coming

• Options
    Brogey wrote: »
    Every year, I tell myself to get a costume that won't be so warm to wear since it's still hot here in southern CA. But noooooo... :P

aaneixbgar8x.jpg4ldpi1qh6s3c.jpg

AAAA BOGEY YOU LOOK SO COOL

Steam
  • Options
    Dedwrekka wrote: »

Nope. Electrodes.

My Mjolnir was actually originally a $20 prop one from the Halloween store. I attempted to fill it with expanding foam but maybe it was too cold? Only the top bit of it expanded and the inside stayed liquid and it was just weird.

But I also added a new handle/dowel, repainted the whole thing and used straps made from Loki's leather jacket remnants. And it seems like the dowel (and maybe some of the foam that could have actually expanded) actually gave it some heft, so I totally whacked at least one person in the head with it for being gropey. That included a vampire and also a guy dressed up as Barry from Archer which was kind of surreal.

(The Archer group was actually really cool. They had a Tactleneck Archer, Carol/Cheryl, Krieger, Barry and Krieger's wife!)

Steam
  • Options
    Element BrianElement Brian Peanut Butter Shill Registered User regular
    There were some decent costumes in Seattle, I think these may have been my favorites though

10382836_10205014425223024_5546171145329532616_n.jpg?oh=e728b5e0f125a12b241988e87ea61777&oe=54E12697&__gda__=1425363176_37d74e4fc9ddb6e3521a93a5c0eb01b1

1517417_10205014254098746_5539240051417692220_n.jpg?oh=8534d27c286655519a8c4296c78117b3&oe=54DD6E27&__gda__=1425125144_3e3c1ac9e10d48d90644ec8bf6c0cd33

Switch FC code:SW-2130-4285-0059

Arch,
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_goGR39m2k
  • Options
    GR_ZombieGR_Zombie Krillin It Registered User regular
    Dude, Where's My Car costumes? In my 2014!?

04xkcuvaav19.png
  • Options
    BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    Dedwrekka wrote: »

Nope. Electrodes.

My Mjolnir was actually originally a $20 prop one from the Halloween store. I attempted to fill it with expanding foam but maybe it was too cold? Only the top bit of it expanded and the inside stayed liquid and it was just weird.

But I also added a new handle/dowel, repainted the whole thing and used straps made from Loki's leather jacket remnants. And it seems like the dowel (and maybe some of the foam that could have actually expanded) actually gave it some heft, so I totally whacked at least one person in the head with it for being gropey. That included a vampire and also a guy dressed up as Barry from Archer which was kind of surreal.

(The Archer group was actually really cool. They had a Tactleneck Archer, Carol/Cheryl, Krieger, Barry and Krieger's wife!)

fuckin' Barry

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    GR_Zombie wrote: »

oh man that's what that was I couldn't quite place it

I haven't seen that movie since the theater

and yeah, I saw it in the theater, but it was because I hadn't realized the movie I'd actually gone to see wasn't out yet

so I settled on what seemed like the next best option at the time

the movie I was trying to see was Kung Pow!

• Options
    I loved both those movies when I was younger, haven't seen either of them in at least seven or eight years and I'm terrified to go back to them.

04xkcuvaav19.png
  • Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    Kung Pow really doesn't hold up. The Matrix gags don't help.

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    man how many movies had matrix gags back in the day

deuce bigalow and scary movie spring to mind

• Options
    miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    a good chunk of kung pow is still pretty great

though the cg ain't aged well, that's for sure

uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Never really been a fan of Oedekerk

• Options
    I haven't seen any of his stuff for kids, but I really enjoyed the Thumb Movies

• Options
    chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
    man how many movies had matrix gags back in the day

deuce bigalow and scary movie spring to mind

Shrek. Which also fits our "Wow, that did NOT age well" discussion!

• Options
    Element BrianElement Brian Peanut Butter Shill Registered User regular
    GR_Zombie wrote: »

my girlfriend hasn't seen it, so when I drunkenly ran up and started popping his costume, she was like 'noooo Brian don't do that!'

but he was like 'no it's ok. he gets it.'

and i did get it

Switch FC code:SW-2130-4285-0059

Arch,
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_goGR39m2k
  • Options
    I hope you people realize that by being so vague, I just had to watch the trailer for Dude, Where's My Car and read the wikipedia entry on the movie because I don't remember a lot about the film and I wanted to understand the costumes.

steam_sig.png

• Options
    Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    Kung Pow TOTALLY holds up you filthy unwashed heathen.

• Options
    dude_cap014.gif

ZOLTAN

04xkcuvaav19.png
  • Options
    What about the lady with the log?

steam_sig.png

• Options
    ChicoBlueChicoBlue Registered User regular
    Log Lady from Twin Peaks
    dmkpAMm.jpg

• Options
    DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular
    Oh, I thought she was holding a baguette

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    I just though of my costume for next year.

Assuming I get to go anywhere that permits costume wearing.

Johnny from Ed Edd and Eddy

• Options
    JoeUserJoeUser Forum Santa Registered User regular
    ChicoBlue wrote: »
    Log Lady from Twin Peaks
    dmkpAMm.jpg

The owls are not what they seem

• Options
    pookapooka Registered User regular
    i have been sick for a week-plus (cold, most likely), so any costuming was low-to-no priority, especially since i work food service. that said, i rolled outta bed and took about twenty minutes to prep a quick pediatrician outfit. lab coat with cuffed sleeves, a couple cutesy pinbacks on the lapel, a nametag with "Hi!", and a pocket full of Dum-Dums. mostly an excuse to wear an earloop mask and keep my coughdrops handy. lollipop clipped to said nametag (coworker's excellent suggestion!) helped the more observant, but everyone else asked if i was an Ebola doctor. har. i suggested that any prescriptions would heavily involve tea.

i was also tempted to draw a face on the mask, but opted not to breathe Sharpie fumes all day.

occasional roleplay with the coworkers, several of whom costumed up, including a Fantastic Mr. Fox (who got a lot of "Tingtingtingteting," etc.,), an impeccable interp of the Queen of Hearts (the tiny heart beauty mark! the heart-shaped lipstick! the tiara!), the White Rabbit (for whom we ginned up a respectable Flava-Flav-esque clock on the fly), a non-Alice knight, Sally of Nightmare Before Christmas, and a spot-on impersonation of another coworker who was on the same shift ("I'm Jim!," she said.) she even had some of his mannerisms down, though one of the managers guessed she was a lesbian baseball fan, which was redundant for all involved.

lfchwLd.jpg
  • Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    I think I might try to do the Stag/Wendigo from Hannibal for my costume next year

I was thinking of doing a super traditional wendigo this year

But oh man that costume has a weird appeal for me

• Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    For the record Log Lady was why I awesome'd that post

I didn't recognize the Dude Where's My Car reference until someone pointed it out

• Options
    CanadianWolverineCanadianWolverine Registered User regular
    Maddoc wrote: »
    For the record Log Lady was why I awesome'd that post

I didn't recognize the Dude Where's My Car reference until someone pointed it out

The Halloween Costume Court will submit Maddoc's post into evidence. Baliff, get those Deadpool cosplayers under control! Court adjourned...

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    SassoriSassori Registered User regular
    I'm so glad I listened to @JoeUser‌

7zCIsvt.png

• Options