As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

PAX AUS - Thanks for trading

Capt WasabiCapt Wasabi AustraliaRegistered User regular
Hi All,

I collected PAX AUS pins last year, but only this year did I trade!
I had a fantastic experience and ended up collecting so many US PAX pins. (I am now super broke as I purchased and traded so many pins!)
A massive thank you to everyone who traded with me, you were all super polite and awesome!
I cant wait to do it again next year, or sooner if I can make it to Prime, East or South!

Thanks!
Capt Wasabi

• Options
    DegraineDegraine Pinsomniac Victoria, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Yes, thank you to everyone who was so patient with me constantly harrassing them about TALENT PIIIIIPES (I suggested to Jerry that they should fly Patrick out with them next time). I am also goddamn broke right now.

For a hobby that started out with me saying 'I like the look of that Chandra pin, I might grab that' it's escalated fast. I'm now getting compliments about my collection from crazy hardcore collectors like Pedro and Fayt, so I think it might be time I actually started storing my pins somewhere other than 'on my lanyard, in the PAX AUS 2013 showbag sitting in my bedroom'.

• Options
    NefilyNefily Melbourne AURegistered User regular
    Did you get the talent pipes in the end?? i hope so =D

• Options
    I did! I totally did. I traded with...Duckie, I think? So next year it's out with the t-shirts, I'm wearing something with a collar every day so I can wear my pipes properly.

• Options
    NefilyNefily Melbourne AURegistered User regular
    Awesome :D you asked me about them a few times so i'm really glad you did find them!

• Options
    EvenstarEvenstar PAX Prime Princess Bellevue, WARegistered User regular
    The talent pipes are what started my getting pins in the first place! I had thought about getting a core set at Prime 2013, but let it pass me by...but there was no way in hell I was going home without talent pipes!

• Options
    MLTZERMLTZER AustraliaRegistered User regular
    my cousin and I had no idea about the staff trading in the queue room on saturday, we totally missed out

• Options
    FitzchivalryFitzchivalry PAXAUS Cookie Brigade Coordinator Orrstrahleeeeah mate!Registered User regular
    MLTZER wrote: »
    my cousin and I had no idea about the staff trading in the queue room on saturday, we totally missed out

Gotta keep an eye on that schedule ;)

The trade session was easily one of the biggest sources of my racing towards completion of my set. If you couldnt find it on the trade tables, there were a heap of hardcore fans that were open for trades. And it really made it easy for people new to collecting to get a good start on their collections.

• Options
    fishfishmonkeyhatfishfishmonkeyhat Freelance Pin Man Newcastle, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    It was pretty awesome when Mike came over to our trade table during some heated pin trading discussion to see what was going on.

• Options
    AyefkayAyefkay Queensland, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Yeah the trading session was a highlight for me this year. Finishing a full staff set, playing Mike's Blind Box challenge (place a pin infront of a box and get its contents as reward, lookouts kid for a red cardinal, not bad) Briefly talking to Mike Fehlauer about Thornwatch after he recognised me from the playtest (admittedly not that hard to do :P) and all the trades with people in the line or at the tables,

My PinnyPals Digital Lanyard: Now Up to date! https://pinnypals.com/pals/Ayefkay

8fuuo_RK.png
  • Options
    fishfishmonkeyhatfishfishmonkeyhat Freelance Pin Man Newcastle, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    I got Khoo's head from a game of 5 people blind-boxing he was running. Best way to get it I think.

YOU ALWAYS CHOOSE THE BOX!

• Options
    KamelonKamelon Canberra, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    You know, I traded with some pin pals (thanks!) and I had a great time meeting you all. Some of you pointed me in the direction of pins I needed and we always seemed to end up in lines together, which was really nice :)

I had zero staff pins before PAX Aus. I got a few I liked a lot at the Club PA meetup and that was all I intended to get. In fact there were other staff there I didn't trade with. Then the pin trading event happened and suddenly I had a full Series 1 and Series 2 of staff pins, plus all sorts of other goodies, including two pins for one from Jerry's blind box and even picked up some Sarkhan pins there.

It was great scouting around the tables to find more pins as people put them down to trade. It was also cool talking briefly to the staff about their hobby pins. Man, that Kenneth looooves Gummi bears.

Anyway, thanks for all the pin chat and trading advice everyone. Can't wait to see you again next year.

Pinny Arcade Collection & Trades
    Heroic Coaching & Consulting - Personal Development & Coaching For Nerds

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6423-4833

"Every suggestion from the FAQ with a link? Kamelon. A truly Organised Pinthusiast." - PedroAsani
  • Options
    Nefily wrote: »
    Awesome :D you asked me about them a few times so i'm really glad you did find them!

Haha, oops...yeah, I don't have a terribly good memory and I really wanted those.

The staff trading event was pretty amazing - so many pins on display! Jerry's table certainly had the best 'GUI', as he put it. Definitely come to it next year if you want staff pins, because they had aaaaaall the pins. The Strip Search I won there was what got me my pipes. Kinda wish I'd guessed the D&D 40th pin as well but people might've lynched me if I'd won two rares in a row like that. Somehow, I'll get it next year...