As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Cookie Brigade - The noms are coming!

aerynkellyaerynkelly nothing to see here, move alongRegistered User regular
edited October 2015 in PAX Australia
Starting in 2007, the Cookie Brigade began a mission to give cookies in exchange for donations to Child's Play, the charity started by Mike and Jerry that provides entertainment to kids in children's hospitals (and has recently expanded into domestic violence shelters as well.) Since then, we've raised over $215,000 for Child's Play!

During our inaugural PAX Aus we raised $5,000 - I asked you guys to help us smash that, and you know what? YOU DID! Last year at PAX Aus we raised over $22,000! Now we need your help to do it again!

The Cookie Brigade is made up of three awesome groups of people. Our bakers who provide tasty noms for the many attendees of PAX; Our distributors who will show up where they're least expected to distribute noms; and our organizers, who keep our top secret HQ working smoothly.

If you're not already registered on the Cookie Brigade website please do so ASAP! If you are a first time brigadier please register on our forums and then apply to be a brigadier. Note: You just need an active registration on the forums for access to the application form.

WHERE CAN I FIND OUT MORE?

Looking to Volunteer? Head to http://cookiebrigade.org/forum for more information!

Looking for some general information? Check us out on the PAX Community Wiki!

You can also find us on the following social media locations:

Twitter: @Cookie_Brigade
G+: Cookie Brigade
Facebook: Cookie Brigade

And during or pre-pax, feel free to light up the Cookie Signal!

Hashtag: #cookiebrigade

I WANT TO HELP IN THE BRIGADE!

If you're interested in: •Baking delicious cookies
•Distributing to people during PAX
•Helping organize cookies and distributors

We can definitely use your help! Sign up at our website, http://cookiebrigade.org/forum if you wish to participate in the organizing, baking, and/or distributing!

An important note: due to certain external pressures on the Brigade we have to keep some of our more sensitive planning operations private. If you sign up on the Cookie Brigade website you will have access to our public forums but will need to submit and application to through the site to become a brigadier. Thank you for your understanding!

BASIC BRIGADE GUIDELINES

1. We give out cookies, we do not sell cookies! We do happily pass donations along to Child's Play, so feel free to give us donations if you want.
2. Keep it PG and family friendly. We love to give cookies out to kids and as such we ask all brigadiers to remain family friendly with their cookies (sorry no dickerdoodles) and distributing activities!
3. Have fun and enjoy PAX!

fss_overall.png
aerynkelly on

• FitzchivalryFitzchivalry PAXAUS Cookie Brigade Coordinator Orrstrahleeeeah mate!Registered User regular
    I can definitely say this was one of the highlights during last years PAX - its a great feeling to be able to give something back to the community that we are a part of.
    It takes all types - it doesn't matter if you are introverted or extroverted, we take anyone! As Aeryn said, if you don't want to assist during PAX, but think you can bake up a storm, please let us know!

It also doesn't take up a lot of time - I did a heap of work last year for CB, but also had time to play in the BYOD area, spent countless hours wandering the expo halls, saw many of the panels. I was also able to make some great friends and met loads of new people.

• FitzchivalryFitzchivalry PAXAUS Cookie Brigade Coordinator Orrstrahleeeeah mate!Registered User regular
    Woo time to necro a thread again.

So the Cookie Brigade has been powering on gathering recruits to bake and distribute delicious cookie goodness at PAX - BUT WE NEED MORE! MORRRRRRRRRRREEEEEEEE! MUHAHAHH!!!!!! *ahem* yes. Sorry about that.

If you would like to chat with thousands of your fellow con attendees and do some wonderful work for charity at the same time, please sign up to the forum listed above and let us know if you intend to either bake or would like to distribute for the event.

If you can't assist this year, but would like to donate towards supplies for us to bake more, there is a go fund me where you can make a donation http://www.gofundme.com/paxauscookiebrigade to assist us make more for Child's Play and give a bit of a brighter day to sick and mistreated kids around the world.

Thanks!

• aerynkellyaerynkelly nothing to see here, move along Registered User regular
    PAX is like 10 days away - omg where has the time gone?! - and we still need volunteers! Bakers and distributors needed! Sign up on our website if you can help - we'll be sending out info emails in just a couple of days.

fss_overall.png
    NOM ALL THE COOKIES!

• BekerBeker Child's Play Program Director SeattleRegistered User, Penny Arcade Staff regular
    nom nom nom

-Beker/Erick
    zx6ak2M.png
  • Cookienommer51Cookienommer51 Registered User regular
    Nom nom nom

love the name :)

fss_overall.png
  • QuestorQuestor PAX Aus Tabletop [E] Melbourne, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    $22,000 guys, a {Expletive deleted} AMAZING job. Well done to all who volunteered, whether in planning, baking, or distributing, and thanks to EVERYONe who donated money to Child's Play through the Cookie Brigade. Only $5000 less than PAX Prime, a 4-day event that's much bigger. We can beat them next year!

Words fail me...you guys....

*sniff* :)

steam_sig.png
  • zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    wow! awesome job!

I bet a fair bit of that is from pins ;)

• Squire_PugSquire_Pug Melbourne, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    From my rough calculations....we had about 800 pins at suggested minimum donation of $15, so maybe a tad over half was pins?

We had approximately 3-4000 cookie/fudge/lollie/slices items for which I got at least $1 but more often a handful of gold or $5 note.

So a lot of distributing, of noms and shineys!

• foehammerfoehammer procrastinator extraordinaire melbourneRegistered User regular
    it was closer to 4k than 3k cookies and we also had the tearaway t-shirts

• zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    a big thanks has to go out to the company that donated the pins. That's pretty great.

Maybe someone can do the same thing for CB at the other paxen

Yeah Media Molecule gave us the pins to sell for Child's Play, and they sold t-shirts as well. They were fantastic to work with. They did this with us at Prime, and I believe they are thinking of doing it at South as well. Everyone should give them a cheer and a hug when they see them!

fss_overall.png
  • delwyndelwyn Melbourne, AURegistered User regular
    The Cookie Brigade did a wonderful job this year. Imagine what they could do next year with more help!

find / -name base -user you -exec chown -R us {} \;
    vgjxaRK.png
    exactly - so tell everyone you know to sign up!

fss_overall.png
  • fishfishmonkeyhatfishfishmonkeyhat Freelance Pin Man Newcastle, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    I pledge to eat more of Fitz's double-choc cookies!

• pobblebonkpobblebonk Registered User regular
    Cookie brigade did a great job this year. Plenty of supply of both home-made cookies and pins. Fitz did insult my wife terribly but apologised by claiming he thought she was French.

• CuZZaCuZZa Khoo's Epic Mount Perth, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    I love you Cookie Brigade! Thankyou for the noms! They hit the spot is a serious way.

I saw no cookies ;-; Where were they

• foehammerfoehammer procrastinator extraordinaire melbourneRegistered User regular
    we are always looking for more bakers and distributors
    http://www.cookiebrigade.org/

• SpiceSpice Content Sponge Registered User regular
    I only saw cookies once last year, maybe I was just unobservant.
    I plan to fix that this year. OM NOM NOM

• SennoSenno AustraliaRegistered User regular
    I will be baking cookies for the show.

I will be baking cupcakes for the trivia night.

I will be making gaming themed cookies and cupcakes, and am looking for ideas. I'm thinking Mario, Pacman, Space Invaders - something recogniseable but easy. Anyone have some ideas?

Tetris(plz do dis), lemmings?, duck hunt?

Idk about lemmings because it's pretty obscure nowadays and duck hunt is also pretty old

Tetris on the other hand.... Count me in for some tetromino cookies

• CarrotTopCarrotTop Registered User regular
    @Senno First of all, Trivia Night?

Second, I made some choc rice krispy square "Minecraft" dirt blocks, for my nieces birthday recently, cheap ingredients, no baking, just refrigeration.

5qcb8ulykw95.jpg

• fishfishmonkeyhatfishfishmonkeyhat Freelance Pin Man Newcastle, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    I would totes buy a lemmings anything.

• vonhistvonhist Mr Melbourne, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    lode runner please :P

I can't believe it's almost time for PAX Aus again. I've updated the OP, but for your benefit:

During our inaugural PAX Aus we raised $5,000 - I asked you guys to help us smash that, and you know what? YOU DID! Last year at PAX Aus we raised over $22,000!

I'm looking forward to seeing what you guys can do this year! Bring on the cookies, and bring on the help!

fss_overall.png
    You guys were awesome, as always - we raised over $14,300, and that was without the help of pins this year!

fss_overall.png